Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 12:46:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

10 Terrifying Unsolved Serial Murders

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Terrifying Unsolved Serial Murders  (Read 478 times)
The Creeper
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 03:34:33 am »

Im glad the writer of this list didn't include the Zodiac Killer or Jack the Ripper. While both of these maniacs have gruesome stories we all know them. Its nice to read a list that includes fresh, new material.
Report Spam   Logged
Dale Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 03:37:45 am »

No kidding. I heard the story of the Zodiac Killer near Lake Berryessa. Freakin' creepy. It was late at night and I heard the story and nearly wetted myself.
Report Spam   Logged

Sexiness is next to godliness.
Dale Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 03:39:15 am »

Well maybe some of these killers have someone on the inside providing this stuff for him. and I highly doubt it that the "inside man" will ever call the police.

Dexter?
Report Spam   Logged

Sexiness is next to godliness.
the Green Goblin
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 03:42:24 am »

I liked this list. Bible John was most likely to be Peter Tobin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Tobin
Report Spam   Logged
Behold, I am Death, Destroyer of Worlds
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2015, 03:44:45 am »

That highway runs the whole length of North America. Giant killing ground. I've read stats where law enforcement postulates at least 2 or 3 serial killers work that highway at any one time. They may end up in Canada, but they don't all start out here. Scary.
Excellent list.
Report Spam   Logged
Copperhead
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 03:53:33 am »

I was reading the article about  unsolved serial murders and I was intrigued when a part of Phantom Killer description says "some in law enforcement and the press have speculated that the murders may have been the early work of the Zodiac Killer, this has never been proven in any way." Although Zodiac Killer confess that bates was not the first he killed why would they link this to phantom killer?

The sketch of the man seen at Lake Berryessa before the attack on September 27, 1969, depicted a Caucasian male adult with a round face and dark hair. The girls who helped to produce this sketch described this man to investigators as a white male, between 28-30 years of age

The witnesses at the lake thought that this man was 28-30 years old while the Stine witnesses thought he was at least ten years older.
http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/Descriptions.htm

Between February and May, 1946,
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/unsolved/texarkana/index_1.html

Lets say he the zodiac killer was 40, minus 23 years = 17......6ft, thats possible, but if he was 30, that would have made him 7 at the time of the phantom killer.. 6ft?

This is a long shot and unlikely.
Report Spam   Logged
Back to Earth

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 03:55:37 am »

That's also what I'm thinking. I got really confused when I read about the article stating that there's a connection between these two Monsters. Maybe there are some facts that the police are hiding if not with their conclusion. Well what else could it be.
Report Spam   Logged
freetoroam

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 03:57:31 am »

but , say there are two killers ( most logical right) zodiac could have been inspired by the phantom killer, they could have known of each other Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Monument of Monsters

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 03:59:38 am »

Many killers are inspired by other previous killers, there are also copycat killers. So nothing new or unusual there.
As for know each other, there is nothing to support this and is a heck of a long shot.

Please read this:

The Phantom killer was a serial killer of the early 1940′s in Texarkana, Texas. He killed at least 5 young people usually in “lover’s lane” settings and despite 40 years of active investigation and a feature film about the case, the Phantom has never been identified. His total victim count remains as mysterious as he is, mostly because some killing were attributed to him which didn’t fit his usual MO, and other killings in nearby areas which may have been “The Phantom” were not thought until years later to be his victims. He was sometimes called the “Moonlight Murderer”, because he seemed to surface at three-week intervals to murder when the moon was full.
The killings and the journalistic frenzy they engendered brought hysteria and rampant fear to the area, causing the residents to fortify their homes with boards and bars, flee the town entirely, and to arm themselves with rifles and handguns, sparking incidents of violence when innocent deliverymen and neighbors came upon homes.
http://thedarwinexception.wordpress.com/2007/11/26/unsolved-the-phantom-killer-of-texarkana/

it was a much publicized case. The moonlight murderer could well have influenced the Zodiac killer as to when he killed, but it also may have nothing to do with it and he was yet another lunatic who took to murder......there have been a few full moon killers, one reason (apart from the obvious "I think i am a werewolf" bit, is because they go to kill at night when the streets are not full of people and the moon acts as a light.
The reasons are many, and so are the killers over time.
Report Spam   Logged

"The Sleep of Reason Brings Monsters."
DecoNoir

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 04:02:11 am »

I very much doubt they were the same person.The Phantom killer sexually assaulted a couple of his female victims,the zodiac just shot or stabbed them.I just read the Michael Newton book called The Texarkana Moonlight Murders,I wouldn't recommend it as it seemed like there wasn't enough material to justify a whole book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=moonlight+murders+michael+newton&rh=n%3A266239%2Ck%3Am
Report Spam   Logged

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.
Astra

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 04:05:26 am »

I suppose its logical to believe that the zodiac paid close attention to crime in general, as many killers often do. It could have inspired him.
Report Spam   Logged
Netherworld
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 04:10:48 am »

Both cases are interesting but not linked.  As people pointed out, age is off, but the crimes are not the same really.  Zodiac never raped and he directed most of his anger at the women and the men were collateral damage.  My guess is he was even younger than he appeared and lived with his mother.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: