Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 12:24:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'Ghostly figure' shows up in CCTV footage

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Ghostly figure' shows up in CCTV footage  (Read 278 times)
Elements of the Eternal Soul
Superhero Member

« on: July 16, 2015, 12:40:01 am »

'Ghostly figure' shows up in CCTV footage
 Wednesday, 15 July, 2015

A still from the video footage from YouTube. Image Credit: YouTube / Cheshire News / Dreamwater Lounge
A video showing a strange shadowy figure moving along a corridor has been uploaded on to the Internet.
The footage (below), which emerged on social media on Saturday, was taken by a CCTV camera which overlooks a rope bridge at the shipwreck-themed Dreamwater Lounge in Warrington.

In the video the camera can be seen shaking slightly before a wisp-like figure appears near the bottom of the frame and travels slowly up towards the left. Some Internet users claim that the anomalous form resembles a pirate while others think it looks like a woman in a bonnet.

While owner Simon Ellison maintains that the footage does show something unusual he also believes that someone had tampered with the recording before uploading it to make it seem more impressive.

"There is something there, moving along the rope bridge, but a lot of it has clearly been added," he said. "For one it is CCTV. It records all the time, not just because there is motion. Also it has a battery symbol in the corner and our CCTV runs from the mains."

It isn't clear who was responsible for editing the footage or what the anomaly itself could be.

"I am not sure what the moving figure is," said Ellison. "Everyone has different ideas. Some say it is a woman, I have even seen people say they think it is someone on a horse."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/footage-ghost-pirate-shipwreck-themed-9651468
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 12:41:18 am »

Is this footage of a ghost pirate in a shipwreck themed bar in Warrington?

10:21, 14 July 2015
    By Rebecca Koncienzcy

The film shows the camera shaking and then a white figure appears to walk along the rope bridge area the Dreamwater Lounge

192 Shares
    Tweet
    +1
    LinkedIn

Eerie footage of a ghostly pirate figure in a Warrington night club has been leaked on social media.

The owner of shipwreck themed bar Dreamwater Lounge called in paranormal experts after CCTV appeared to show a shadowy soul walking down a corridor.

The film shows the camera shaking and then a lone white figure emerges and appears to walk along the rope bridge area of the bar, to some the figure looks like the outline of a long forgotten pirate, while others see a woman in a bonnet from a more recent past.

What do you think the ghostly figure looks like?

It's a pirate
    It's a woman in a bonnet

But despite owner Simon Ellison admitted the bar is quite spooky, he said the leaked footage had been edited to make it even more dramatic.

Simon, 44, who is originally from Manchester but now lives in Denmark, said: “There is something there, moving along the rope bridge, but a lot of it has clearly been added.”

The footage, which was uploaded to YouTube on Saturday morning and claims to have been filmed a few hours earlier, is taken from a CCTV camera which overlooks a rope bridge - part of the business’ ship wreck theme.

Is this Warrington's ghost pirate caught on CCTV?
Is this Warrington's ghost pirate caught on CCTV?

After a few seconds the camera begins to shake and a frame appears, indicating to the viewer that the camera is now recording because it has detected motion.

This is followed by what appears to be a faint figure, who glides down the bridge before disappearing.

But Simon says the version being circulated on social media is over the top.

Simon said: “For one it is CCTV. It records all the time, not just because there is motion. Also it has a battery symbol in the corner and our CCTV runs from the mains.

“And the camera shaking is a nice touch.

“I am not sure what the moving figure is. Everyone has different ideas. Some say it is a woman, I have even seen people say they think it is someone on a horse. That makes me laugh because if you could see that bridge you would know you could never get a horse down there.”

But embellished or otherwise the footage has still attracted the interest of those seeking the paranormal.

They have had requests from ghost hunters as far away as US and Australia offering to investigate further.
Report Spam   Logged
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 12:43:55 am »

Report Spam   Logged
She-ra, Princess of Power

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 01:00:08 am »

I can see the top of a 1700's era tri-cornered hat and possibly a cape. If the video was tampered with it's probably fake, but it is fun to look at!
Report Spam   Logged

freetoroam

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 01:06:22 am »

It's, to me, an obvious video hoax. It just screams "I'm fake"
Report Spam   Logged
Bythia Lyon

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 01:17:02 am »

The viral marketing for the new Ghostbusters movie has begun I see.
Report Spam   Logged
the Joker
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 01:20:52 am »

Per owner: The footage was tampered with ... enough said I suppose ... pity. The owner is quoted in the article several times saying so ... I'd be interested to see the original.
Report Spam   Logged
DieChecker

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 01:26:54 am »

I found it very entertaining anyway. It was well done if it was a fake. Very Ghost-Bustery.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: