Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 01:26:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Loud screeching in the woods

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Loud screeching in the woods  (Read 48 times)
Roby

« on: July 15, 2015, 12:21:19 am »

Loud screeching in the woods
Posted on 7-10-2015

My husband and I had visited a wooded area outside of town. We were walking in the trees and I felt a presence of an animal or something watching us. We though maybe a fox or a bobcat. We turned around and walked out of the woods. A few nights later we decided to hang out on the gravel road by the same woods and look at the stars on a beautiful evening. We sat on the car. We were joking and laughing and making noise. We heard a screeching sound extremely close to us. It was loud with bass to it. This was not a barn owl, fox, bobcat or any animal either of us had ever heard. My husband had grown up in that area and never heard this sound his whole life there.

It petrified me with fear. I was frozen and screamed for his help. He opened the driver's door (which was away from the woods) and we both jumped in the car. We left the area and never returned. That night haunts my dreams. I have looked all over the net and listened to hundreds of animal sounds and have never found a match. The patch of woods was small and insignificant. (small patch between fields). Whatever this was it was brave enough to come out of the woods at us even though we were not quiet. I never saw anything, I was too scared. My husband said he saw green eyes in the darkness. I felt like prey that was about to meet its' fate. We stopped walking in any woods that summer 2 years ago. My husband was just as spooked as I was and he had been in all the wooded areas before. We saved up money and moved out of state. We are not people who are afraid of woods or animals. We moved to the mountains of the South and have never heard anything like that night again. This is the first time I have told this story publicly.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: