Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:51:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Germany forced to release secret UFO files

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Germany forced to release secret UFO files  (Read 530 times)
PrisonerX

« on: July 13, 2015, 01:02:29 am »

Germany forced to release secret UFO files
Posted on Saturday, 11 July, 2015

The release was ordered after a long court battle. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jason Rogers
The German government has lost the right to keep its research on the UFO phenomenon from the public.
Germany had long fought to keep details of its UFO investigations a secret and had blatantly denied several times that there had ever been any government interest in the topic.

More recently however researcher Robert Fleischer discovered that there had been extensive investigations in to the phenomenon and that evidence of this was being actively covered up.

Events soon came to a head when blogger Frank Reitemeyer took the government to court over the issue and requested that its UFO research be made available to the public.

In 2011 he secured his first victory when the Berlin Administrative Court ruled that the public had the right to view the documents and now after a long struggle the German Supreme Administrative Court in Leipzig has ordered the Bundestag to make its UFO files available for anyone to view.

It isn't clear exactly when the release will happen but the move has been hailed as a major victory, not only for UFO enthusiasts but also for the freedom of information in general.

"Sometimes governments hide information like this to protect operational procedures or protect non-UFO related secrets, like the capabilities of early warning systems or the names and details of witnesses," said UFO researcher and author Nigel Watson.

What exactly the documents will reveal once they are released however remains to be seen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/10/ufo-files-released-as-german-court-rules-against-parliament_n_7768572.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

freetoroam

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 01:11:31 am »

I think the main reason they don't want them released is that back in the days when most of the sightings happened, we (and I mean ALL of us) were a lot less sophisticated in our knowledge, a lot more easily led by eg simply watching B and C grade flying-saucer movies, and had very limited technology available. When combined with my theory that senior defense force officials may have encouraged and then beat up ufo stories as a national threat to secure better funding... it's no wonder they are embarrassed in releasing the 'evidence'.
Report Spam   Logged
Helmut

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 01:15:32 am »

I wonder when it will be disclosed - how unimaginably vast the Universe is - and how unlikely it is that anyone ever finds us amongst the trillions of stars and planets. Think about it! It is like finding one specific grain of sand in one of our beaches! Think about it!
Report Spam   Logged
Eclipse of the Sun
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 01:19:36 am »

Perhaps not wanting to release the evidence would highlight some 'sneaky activity' by the government? I think this explanation works well for the US government, could apply to Germany as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Dale Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 01:23:28 am »

For anyone to make a blatant statement that "there is no life out-there" is, statistically, on the "wrong side" Accepted astrophysics allows for, and indeed now demands, that there be some type of life elsewhere. Intelligent or a mere microbe.
Report Spam   Logged

Sexiness is next to godliness.
Astra

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 01:25:44 am »

I wonder when it will be disclosed - how unimaginably vast the Universe is - and how unlikely it is that anyone ever finds us amongst the trillions of stars and planets. Think about it! It is like finding one specific grain of sand in one of our beaches! Think about it!

I think about it all the time.. I also know the elemental compounds of what our own Solar system consists of as well..? the building blocks of life is teaming everywhere in the cosmos..earthlike planets are being discovered all the time ! Drakes equation seems timid compared to what we know now and the possibility of intelligent life being in our backyard in universal terms is highly likely..even Nasa admits this..? As I look out the window the earth seems flat..but I know its not..? Think about it..?? and as you look at the heavens and you cant see any life..does it mean there is no life.
Report Spam   Logged
the Joker
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 01:34:43 am »

No one is saying here is no life out there, they're saying there's sod all chance it's coming here regularly to mutliate cows and probe rednecks.
Report Spam   Logged
Ufochick

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 01:36:24 am »

seems to be creeping up a lot " ufo files to be released to the public " read about the UK now Germany . Intresting to see when they finally let the " secret ufo files out " Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Okane

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 01:40:10 am »

I may be a cynical old sod, but do you REALLY think they'll be dropping anything referential to aliens?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: