Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:37:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

US Navy images show UFOs over the Arctic

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Navy images show UFOs over the Arctic  (Read 853 times)
Openheimer

« on: July 10, 2015, 02:20:28 am »

US Navy images show UFOs over the Arctic
Posted on Thursday, 9 July, 2015

The images show a triangular object (above) and a cigar-shaped object (see below). Image Credit: US Navy
A secretive set of photographs has emerged showing two unidentified objects near a US Navy submarine.
The pictures, which had been withheld from public release for years, are believed to have been taken in 1971 by sailors aboard the USS Trepang submarine during a mission near Iceland.

The grainy photographs include one of a black triangular object flying low over the water and a series of shots showing a large cigar-shaped object which appears to crash in to the sea.

The images were allegedly sent to the French Paranormal magazine "Top Secet" by an anonymous source however very little else is known about their origins or authenticity.

The US Navy's mysterious 'airship' UFO picture asks more questions than it answers... http://t.co/ksrgqUSGMp pic.twitter.com/LXjjRG5WBu
    — HuffPostUKTech (@HuffPostUKTech) July 9, 2015

"They have certainly got UFO researchers scratching their heads and wondering and speculating that UFOs have a base in the Arctic regions," said UFO researcher and author Nigel Watson.

"They are an odd selection of pictures, that feature types of UFOs that have been regularly spotted by witnesses in all parts of the world. Airship or cigar-shaped type craft have been reported since 1896 when there was a great wave of 'phantom airship' sightings thoughout the USA. "

A larger selection of the photographs can be viewed - here.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/enormous-ufos-pictured-over-the-arctic-in-top-secret-photos-from-1971-104238204.html#Fl4TgLT
Report Spam   Logged

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." - the Bhagavad Gita

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Openheimer

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 02:24:07 am »

Do these images look like alien ships? Bizarre theory claims US Navy photos taken in the 1970s show ET hunting for oil

Images are believed to have been taken from USS Trepang submarine
    UFOs seen as submarine travelled from Iceland to Jan Mayen Island
    Some say images are evidence of secret US aircraft tests in the region
    One commentator said: 'I put money on fracking connected to them'

By Ellie Zolfagharifard For Dailymail.com

Published: 16:43 EST, 8 July 2015 | Updated: 07:23 EST, 9 July 2015

A set of Arctic UFO images from 1971 have set conspiracy forums ablaze.

The images are believed to have been taken from the USS Trepang SSN 674 submarine as it travelled between Iceland and Norway's Jan Mayen Island.

A number of UFO hunters say the photographs are evidence of secret US aircraft tests, while others claim they are alien ships looking for places to drill for oil.

A set of Arctic UFO images from 1971 have set conspiracy forums ablaze. The images are believed to have been taken from the USS Trepang submarine as it travelled between Iceland and Norway's Jan Mayen Island
A set of Arctic UFO images from 1971 have set conspiracy forums ablaze. The images are believed to have been taken from the USS Trepang submarine as it travelled between Iceland and Norway's Jan Mayen Island

Alex Mistretta, a paranormal investigator, studied the images after they first appeared in French paranormal magazine Top Secret, according to the Black Vault.

Mistretta claims sources told him the pictures were taken from the US submarine, with the admiral on board at the time said to be Dean Reynolds.
Report Spam   Logged

Openheimer

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 02:24:59 am »

Official records seem to back up this claim, but the information is so readily available that some have said this doesn't prove the validity of the images.

An inscription on one of the pictures reads: 'Official Photograph. Not to be Released. CT'

Another reads: 'Unauthorized Disclosure Subject. Security Certificat (sic) SSN 674. Criminal Sanction.'

Alex Mistretta, a paranormal investigator, studied the images after they first appeared in French paranormal magazine Top Secret, according to the Black Vault
Report Spam   Logged

Openheimer

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 02:26:43 am »

Alex Mistretta claims sources told him the pictures were taken from the US submarine in 1971
Report Spam   Logged

Openheimer

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 02:27:38 am »

UFO SIGHTINGS DOUBLED LAST MONTH, REPORT CLAIMS

The Mutual UFO Network (Mufon) recorded sightings of 1,179 mysterious unexplained crafts in June – an increase from around 600 in the same period last year

According to an international group of alien hunters, the number of UFO sightings doubled last month.

The Mutual UFO Network (Mufon) recorded sightings of 1,179 mysterious unexplained crafts in June – an increase from around 600 in the same period last year.

The majority of Mufon's cases are in the US, and the organisation usually receives anywhere from 400 to 700 reports each month.

Around 10 to 20 per cent of these cases turn out to be unidentified when matched up weather phenomenon and man-made objects.

But Roger Marsh, Mufon director of communications, doesn't think this means an impending alien invasion.

'We feel [it] was directly related to the final two episodes of Season 2 of 'Hangar 1: The UFO Files,' he told the alternative news site Open Minds.

This History Channel documentary took a look at Hangar 1, a facility that houses an archive of more than 70,000 files that have been gathered over a period of nearly 50 years.

The files, maintained by Mufon have recently been opened for investigation.

Online commenter Bill Smillie suggested all the images may of a single object that has the ability to shape-shift, according to a report in the Express.

Rob Whitford added: 'Makes sense I still put money on fracking connected to them.'

'They are an odd selection of pictures that feature types of UFOs that have been regularly spotted by witnesses in all parts of the world,' said Nigel Watson, author of the UFO Investigations Manual.

'Airship or cigar-shaped type craft have been reported since 1896 when there was a great wave of 'phantom airship' sightings thoughout the USA.'

Watson notes how explorer Benjamin Trueblood found this when he when on a polar expedition in 1908, the Eskimos he met were eager to talk about sighting an airship.

'I'm not sure about their authenticity,' said Watson.

'They have certainly got UFO researchers scratching their heads and wondering and speculating that UFOs have a base in the Arctic regions.'
Report Spam   Logged

Openheimer

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 02:29:23 am »

An inscription on one of the pictures reads: 'Official Photograph. Not to be Released. CT'. Another reads: 'Unauthorized Disclosure Subject. Security Certificat (sic) SSN 674. Criminal Sanction'
Report Spam   Logged

Openheimer

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 02:30:27 am »

'They are an odd selection of pictures that feature types of UFOs that have been regularly spotted by witnesses in all parts of the world,' said Nigel Watson, author of the UFO Investigations Manual

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3154041/Do-images-look-like-alien-ships-Bizarre-theory-claims-Navy-photos-taken-1970s-ET-hunting-oil.html
Report Spam   Logged

Openheimer

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 02:32:44 am »

Enormous UFOs Pictured Over The Arctic In Top-Secret Photos From 1971
Many of the pictures, taken by a U.S. submarine, are stamped, 'Not to be released'
Rob WaughRob Waugh – 20 hours ago

UFO enthusiasts have gone wild over pictures of huge, triangular spacecraft and floating cigar-shaped objects over the Arctic, allegedly taken in 1971.

The pictures, which fit many existing theories about aliens having a base in the Arctic, were supposedly taken by sailors aboard the USS Trepang SSN 674 submarine, but have remained secret until now.

They have been posted onlline by paranormal investigator Alex Mistretta and UFO site The Black Vault.

Many of the pictures carry captions which suggest they were ‘meant’ to remain secret, such as ‘Official Photograph. Not to be Released. CT'

Nigel Watson, author of the UFO Investigations Manual, says, ‘They have certainly got UFO researchers scratching their heads and wondering and speculating that UFOs have a base in the Arctic regions.
Report Spam   Logged

Openheimer

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 02:33:21 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Openheimer

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 02:34:31 am »

‘They are an odd selection of pictures, that feature types of UFOs that have been regularly spotted by witnesses in all parts of the world. Airship or cigar-shaped type craft have been reported since 1896 when there was a great wave of 'phantom airship' sightings thoughout the USA.

‘Explorer Benjamin F. Trueblood related that when he when on a polar expedition in 1908, the Eskimos he met were eager to talk about sighting an airship. They described in comparative accuracy a cigar-shaped dirigible balloon sailing over Greenland. It was their view that this was the airship being used by Walter Wellman on his mission to fly to the North Pole, though this couldn’t have been possible because he only launched short-lived airship expeditions in 1907 and 1909.

‘The triangular craft have been more commonly seen in the last few decades.

‘Triangular UFOs have been seen so often in the West Midlands and around Dudley to such an extent that they were called Dudley Doritos (after the name of a popular snack food).
‘One witness saw one and said: “There were three orangey lights in a triangle formation. They weren’t shaped like an equilateral triangle, more like an isosceles triangle, and shaped like an old fashioned arrow head. I don’t think it was a plane because we didn’t hear any noise.”

‘This batch of pictures back-ups such claims but I'm not sure about their authenticity.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/enormous-ufos-pictured-over-the-arctic-in-top-secret-photos-from-1971-104238204.html#Fl4TgLT
Report Spam   Logged

Sphere of Influence
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 02:41:23 am »

Just what I thought everything in the 70s was blurry .
Report Spam   Logged
the Joker
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 02:58:45 am »

Well..that boggles my mind. I didn't realize there was a military force that had aircraft like this. The link also shows aircraft either going into ocean or out of ocean.
Report Spam   Logged
Monument of Monsters

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 03:00:22 am »

They immediately make me think of a Fata Morgana illusion.
Report Spam   Logged

"The Sleep of Reason Brings Monsters."
Kal-L
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 03:02:14 am »

Nice one. I thought the first image looked like a corner of something and was hoping the photography experts could prove something.
Report Spam   Logged
Behold, I am Death, Destroyer of Worlds
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 03:04:34 am »

Fact of the matter is they are legit Ufo's. Unidentified Flying Object and it'll probably stay that way forever. They are impressive pictures that strike the imagination that's for sure.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: