Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:34:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Man recounts sighting of Bigfoot in Scotland

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man recounts sighting of Bigfoot in Scotland  (Read 231 times)
Avalon
Superhero Member

« on: July 07, 2015, 01:10:05 am »

Man recounts sighting of Bigfoot in Scotland
Posted on Monday, 2 February, 2015

The Bigfoot legend appears to have reached the shores of Britain. Image Credit: CC 2.0 Ashley Chile Baz
A man from Fife has broken a ten-year silence by revealing his encounter with a mysterious hominid.
While sightings of Bigfoot in the UK remain relatively rare, they have still been known to happen from time to time.

This week however not one but two new stories have emerged, both from witnesses who had remained silent for many years before finally deciding to come forward with what they'd seen.

The first, which took place in the 1980s, involved a woman who saw a large black creature with broad shoulders in Carmyllie.

Spurred on by her tale, a second individual, who has asked not to be named, came forward a week later to recall his encounter with something very similar on the Fife side of the Tay Road Bridge.

It was while driving home from work at around 3:20am one morning in August 2005 that he came across a tall figure standing at the side of the road near the A92 Five Roads Roundabout.

"As I approached the figure stepped out in front of my car and I naturally brought it to a halt to avoid hitting the individual," he said. "This ‘person’ was a large hairy ape-like creature which turned to look at the car as I approached."

The creature allegedly crossed the road in three large strides and disappeared in to the woods after which the witness recalled hearing it crashing its way through the undergrowth.

"There was an unpleasant odour in the air and suddenly I got a feeling I was being watched as everything went very quiet," he said. "I then continued home."

"I know unequivocally what I saw and it is still clear in my mind as if it happened yesterday."

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/i-ve-experienced-some-crazy-stuff-but-this-was-a-big-surprise-former-civil-servant-tells-of-night-he-saw-bigfoot-in-fife-1.814485
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Avalon
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 01:12:17 am »

‘I’ve experienced some crazy stuff but this was a big surprise’ — former civil servant tells of night he saw Bigfoot in Fife
By Graeme Strachan, 30 January 2015 8.35am.

The roundabout where the man claims to have seen the creature.DC Thomson

Bigfoot investigators have revealed a Fife man has broken a 10-year silence and reported seeing the mythical beast just off the Tay Road Bridge in 2005.

The sighting was brought to light just a week after The Courier told how a former Angus woman claimed to have seen a Bigfoot near a disused quarry during a morning walk with her gran’s dog as a child.

Charmaine Fraser, 41, who is originally from Monikie and now lives in Edinburgh, said she saw the 7ft black beast with no neck and broad shoulders in Carmyllie in the early 1980s.

The mum-of-one has since joined the British Bigfoot Research team where a sighting on the Fife side of the Tay Road Bridge has now been brought forward by a former civil servant from Fife.

The man, who has asked not to be named, said the encounter happened in August 2005 around 3.40am at the Five Roads Roundabout on the A92 when he was driving home from work.

He said: “After navigating the Five Roads roundabout, I was proceeding home on the A92 when my headlights picked out what I thought was a man standing by the left-hand side of the road.

“As I approached the figure stepped out in front of my car and I naturally brought it to a halt to avoid hitting the individual.

“This ‘person’ was a large hairy ape-like creature which turned to look at the car as I approached.

“Its eyes gave out a shine which was very noticeable and it crossed the road in about three large strides.”

The man said he felt uneasy but brought the car to a stop and put the window down.

“I could hear something like crunching as something was clearly moving through the forest but I had no torch with me to shine towards the sounds,” he added.

“There was an unpleasant odour in the air and suddenly I got a feeling I was being watched as everything went very quiet.

“I then continued home. Thinking back this individual was well over seven feet tall and a dark brown colour.

“Its hair was of reasonable length. I have never seen this again anywhere in Scotland and only confided in my partner.

“I know unequivocally what I saw and it is still clear in my mind as if it happened yesterday.”

“I worked as a civil servant for many years and experienced some crazy stuff — but I must admit that this was a big surprise.”

Most scientists discount the existence of Bigfoot and consider it to be a combination of folklore, misidentification, and hoax, rather than a living animal, because of the lack of physical evidence and the large numbers of creatures that would be necessary to maintain a breeding population.
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/i-ve-experienced-some-crazy-stuff-but-this-was-a-big-surprise-former-civil-servant-tells-of-night-he-saw-bigfoot-in-fife-1.814485

Report Spam   Logged
Avalon
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 01:12:26 am »

‘I’ve experienced some crazy stuff but this was a big surprise’ — former civil servant tells of night he saw Bigfoot in Fife
By Graeme Strachan, 30 January 2015 8.35am.

The roundabout where the man claims to have seen the creature.DC Thomson

Bigfoot investigators have revealed a Fife man has broken a 10-year silence and reported seeing the mythical beast just off the Tay Road Bridge in 2005.

The sighting was brought to light just a week after The Courier told how a former Angus woman claimed to have seen a Bigfoot near a disused quarry during a morning walk with her gran’s dog as a child.

Charmaine Fraser, 41, who is originally from Monikie and now lives in Edinburgh, said she saw the 7ft black beast with no neck and broad shoulders in Carmyllie in the early 1980s.

The mum-of-one has since joined the British Bigfoot Research team where a sighting on the Fife side of the Tay Road Bridge has now been brought forward by a former civil servant from Fife.

The man, who has asked not to be named, said the encounter happened in August 2005 around 3.40am at the Five Roads Roundabout on the A92 when he was driving home from work.

He said: “After navigating the Five Roads roundabout, I was proceeding home on the A92 when my headlights picked out what I thought was a man standing by the left-hand side of the road.

“As I approached the figure stepped out in front of my car and I naturally brought it to a halt to avoid hitting the individual.

“This ‘person’ was a large hairy ape-like creature which turned to look at the car as I approached.

“Its eyes gave out a shine which was very noticeable and it crossed the road in about three large strides.”

The man said he felt uneasy but brought the car to a stop and put the window down.

“I could hear something like crunching as something was clearly moving through the forest but I had no torch with me to shine towards the sounds,” he added.

“There was an unpleasant odour in the air and suddenly I got a feeling I was being watched as everything went very quiet.

“I then continued home. Thinking back this individual was well over seven feet tall and a dark brown colour.

“Its hair was of reasonable length. I have never seen this again anywhere in Scotland and only confided in my partner.

“I know unequivocally what I saw and it is still clear in my mind as if it happened yesterday.”

“I worked as a civil servant for many years and experienced some crazy stuff — but I must admit that this was a big surprise.”

Most scientists discount the existence of Bigfoot and consider it to be a combination of folklore, misidentification, and hoax, rather than a living animal, because of the lack of physical evidence and the large numbers of creatures that would be necessary to maintain a breeding population.

Report Spam   Logged
Avalon
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 01:14:23 am »

Bigfoot “unlikely” to be roaming Courier country
By Graeme Strachan, 3 February 2015 8.56am.

The world’s leading bigfoot investigator said he thinks it is unlikely the mythical beast is roaming Courier country.

Daniel Perez, founder of the Center for Bigfoot Studies, and creator of the Bigfoot Times newsletter, said he was open to the matter but admitted he was sceptical.

Charmaine Fraser, 41, claims to have seen a bigfoot near a disused sandstone quarry during a morning walk with her gran’s dog as a child.

Charmaine said she saw the 7ft black beast with no neck and broad shoulders in Carmyllie in the early 1980s.

Meanwhile, a former civil servant from Fife broke a 10-year silence and reported seeing the beast at the Five Roads roundabout on the A92 in 2005.

Mr Perez said: “What I find interesting is with the development of the internet and websites, there isn’t a place on the planet that doesn’t produce bigfoot sightings.

“Soon, I am certain, we will get reports from both the South and North poles.”

Mr Perez has amassed a huge collection of reports and holds the unique distinction of having been to more alleged bigfoot filming locations than anyone else in the world.

He said he would have to see some good tracks associated with a sighting and credible witnesses.

“I think I have already seen some still or videotaped images of bigfoot from the UK and I can say I am not impressed the least bit.

“Charmaine sounds perfectly on the level in spite of her young age at the time. I am open to the matter, but sceptical.”

Mr Perez first became interested in the bigfoot phenomena at the age of 10 when he saw the pseudo-documentary, the Legend of Boggy Creek in 1973.

In 1979 he founded the Center for Bigfoot Studies and started the Bigfoot Times newsletter.

Mr Perez has written several books on Bigfoot, and although he has never seen the creature himself, what little evidence does exist is enough to convince him that this is no imaginary beast.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/angus-the-mearns/bigfoot-unlikely-to-be-roaming-courier-country-1.822567
Report Spam   Logged
Avalon
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 01:16:15 am »

‘My reports of seeing a monster were not taken seriously’ — woman says she saw Bigfoot in Angus
By Graeme Strachan, 22 January 2015 7.53am.

Charmaine Fraser, who claims to have sighted a Bigfoot.DC Thomson

A Bigfoot hunter believes the mythical beast could still be roaming the Angus countryside.

Charmaine Fraser, 41, claims to have seen a Bigfoot near a disused sandstone quarry during a morning walk with her gran’s dog as a child.

She has now gone public on her sighting and wants people to help her prove the existence of the mysterious creatures.

Charmaine, who is orginally from Monikie and now lives in Edinburgh, said she saw the 7ft, black beast with no neck and broad shoulders in Carmyllie in the early 1980s.

She told The Courier: “I was with the dog and we were coming down the path that leads to the track running past the bottom of the property and out to the farm road.

“Just before I got on to the track, the dog stopped suddenly and started to growl, whine and bare her teeth.

“I looked up to see a large black figure further along the track standing with its back to me.

“It was reaching up to a branch on a tree at the side of the track and was tall, of thick build with no neck and wide shoulders.

“I remember standing in shock for a second or two before screaming and turning to run back to the house.

“As I screamed, it slowly started to turn round but I didn’t hang about to see its face.

“Needless to say, my reports of seeing a monster were not taken seriously and dismissed as it probably being a neighbour.

“For years I wondered what it was and have recently found out about other possible sightings further north-east.”

Charmaine, who has a degree in psychology from St Andrews University, said the creature was “like a gorilla standing upright”.

She said she saw a figure in the same area shortly afterwards with a “humanoid shape” and eyes that shone orange when headlights picked it out in the darkness.

Charmaine said the area near the quarry at Carmyllie used to be pine woods but almost all has since been cleared for housing.

She said: “My sister found a den made of branches in the woods, with five or six animal skulls arranged in a semi-circle.

“The strange stories I’ve heard makes me think something could still be there.”

Mum-of-one Charmaine has since joined the British Bigfoot Research team and has urged people in Angus to come forward with their own sightings.

Anyone with information can contact Charmaine on bigfootresearchscotland@gmail.com.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/angus-the-mearns/my-reports-of-seeing-a-monster-were-not-taken-seriously-woman-says-she-saw-bigfoot-in-angus-1.799761
Report Spam   Logged
Illuminati
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 01:18:16 am »

What if Bigfoots are alien's pets? They just let them out of the UFO every once in a while traipsing around the planet. Or ... they could be in league with the Reptilians and spend most of their time in the underground tunnels. Being originally from the surface though, they need to get out and get some fresh air once in a while. This would explain a looot of things.
Report Spam   Logged
Calibas

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 01:20:37 am »

1) - Because none has been proven to be found. Pretty easy and clear. 2) - I prefer scat because we do not know that they are humans. 3) - You of all people should know that many reports describe it as "ape-like". 4) - "Smart". Interesting. Chooses to not build shelter. Chooses to not make tools. Chooses to not build a village. Chooses to not be different. No rebellious teens who want to see how the other people live? They are supposed to stay away from the other ways of life.
Report Spam   Logged
Astra

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 01:22:52 am »

They do try to be on their own without outside interference. But people see them and can provide proof of their existence in a short period of time. Really, I think the "teen" concept pokes a big hole in your "they are human" theory. Humans are very curious and social beings. Certainly one of the bigfoots that inhabit almost every country on the planet would make contact with someone with a good camera.
Report Spam   Logged
By Demons Driven
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 01:26:49 am »

'Finding Bigfoot' recently did a programme on Scottish Bigfoots, trying to relate it to the Big Grey Man of Ben MacDhui. There were more than two reported sightings. http://bigfootresearch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/finding-bigfoot-team-heading-to-uk.html
Report Spam   Logged
Bythia Lyon

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 01:28:25 am »

This guy was drunk.....a Scot, driving home and 3:20 AM from work, really? More likely coming home from a bar wasted and saw not God but Bigfoot.
Report Spam   Logged
Subterranea

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 01:31:31 am »

I don't know what it is exactly, I presumed some sort of an ape, but I suppose it can be ancient humanoid too
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: