Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 05:48:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

THE EMMYS CENSORED SALLY FIELD

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE EMMYS CENSORED SALLY FIELD  (Read 347 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: September 17, 2007, 09:20:24 am »

T H E   E M M Y S   C E N S O R ED   S A L L Y   F I E L D !

Producers of Sunday's Emmy telecast bleeped best drama actress winner Sally Field in the midst of a controversial acceptance speech attacking U.S. involvement in Iraq.

"If mothers ruled the world, there wouldn't be any god -" she said when the sound went dead and the camera suddenly turned away from the stage so viewers would be distracted. Chopped off were the words "god-damned wars in the first place." (The phrase was not censored in the Canadian telecast.)

"This belongs to all the mothers of the world - may they be seen and valued," she added when she won best actress in a drama series for her work as matriarch Nora Walker on "Brothers & Sisters." While the two-time Oscar winner already has two Emmys, this was her first nomination for series work, and she bested a field that included favorite Edie Falco of "The Sopranos."

Backstage, in the press room later, Field told reporters, "I would have liked to have said more four-letter words up there!

"Oh, well. I've been there before!" Field added when asked what she thought of the gagging. "Good. I don't care. I have no comment other than, 'Oh, well.' I said what I wanted to say. I wanted to pay homage to the mothers of the world. And I very, very seriously think that if mothers ruled the world we wouldn't be sending our children off to be slaughtered."

When she was pressed for further comment, she added, "Too bad. That's a shame. And I think I probably shouldn't have said the 'god' in front of the 'damn.'

"If they bleep it, oh, well. I'll just say it somewhere else."

www.latimes.com

Technically, Field's censored words are not profane. A 2004 FCC ruling specifically stated no objection to the use of "god damn" on TV when making a judgment on the uproar over Bono swearing at the Golden Globes in 2003 where he used more colorful language.

Field has a history of making controversial acceptance speeches.

Upon winning the Academy Award as best actress of 1984 for "Places in the Heart" five years after winning for " Norma Rae, " she delivered one of the most memorable thank-yous in Oscar history: "This means so much more to me this time, I don't know why. I think the first time I hardly felt it because it was all too new. But I want to say 'thank you' to you. I haven't had an orthodox career. And I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it. But this time I feel it. And I can't deny the fact that you like me . . . right now . . . you like me. Thank you."

At Sunday's Emmycast, Fox also bleeped "Grey's Anatomy" star Katherine Heigl when its camera zoomed in on the surprised winner who gasped "Sh*t!" upon hearing her name called.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:24:42 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 11:58:33 pm »

I saw that, and I didn't see anything wrong with what she said, it is what a lot of celebs think, but are simply too afraid to say for fear of losing business.

I didn't see any reason for the young man to get tasered at the Kerry q & a either.

Nor did I see anything wrong with the Moveon add in the New York Times.

Since when did America become a fascist state and, more to the point, why is Congress so filled with so many cowards these days that they won't stand up against it?  America is getting more like Nazi Germany all the time.  The sad thing?  Most people see nothing wrong with it because they think these things will happen to them. They could happen to anybody, in Bush's America.
Report Spam   Logged

Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 02:51:44 am »

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Friche the fascistic-correctness and long live the 1st Amendment.   Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 02:27:42 am »

She's still pretty hot after all these years.  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: