Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 06:58:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ramsey Campbell

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramsey Campbell  (Read 390 times)
Relentless
Superhero Member

« on: July 02, 2015, 01:21:23 am »

I grow more agnostic as I age. I do think the house we live in is haunted – mostly the guest room up here on the third floor next to my workroom. Here’s the most spectacular incident:

My wife Jenny and I had discussed befriending the room by spending the night up there together. During one of my attempts to let her sleep without my snoring I wakened at about two in the morning to discover that she’d decided to try the experiment. It was only when I opened my eyes and reached for her that I realised the silhouette next to me, its head on the other pillow, wasn’t Jenny. I tried for a very long time to move and cry out. Apparently I achieved the latter. In our bedroom on the floor below Jenny heard me make some kind of protest, but I’ve often exhorted her not to wake me if I’m having a nightmare, because I believe these dreams contain their own release mechanism, and I resent being taken out of them before the end. Jenny headed for the toilet on the middle floor, and when she returned I was still making the noise. Perhaps I was dreaming, in which case it had to be the longest nightmare, measured in objective time, that I’ve ever experienced. It consisted purely of lying in the bed I was actually in and trying to retreat from my companion. I admit to never having been so intensely terrified in my life. After minutes I found myself alone in the bed. I made myself turn over and close my eyes, but had a strong impression that a face was hovering above mine and waiting for me to look. Meanwhile, downstairs, Jenny felt an intruder sit beside her on our bed.
Could be a hypnogogic hallucination but in the other interview he mentions seeing coins drop in mid air. Apports?

Thing is it seemed significant that he had supernatural occurences so soon after disappointing me and probably his other fans. I really wonder if my demons hadn't travelled over to see him.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: