Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 01:19:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Science will never find Atlantis

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Science will never find Atlantis  (Read 2948 times)
Hermocrates

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2015, 11:32:44 am »

i have proven that i know more than you do on any subject you choose[/u]

You think you are a great fisher of Men, do you now! You must be one of the ILLUMINATI. May God help us!

Prove it, you Low Down Yankee Liar; Canadian-Floridian, I mean. Meet me inside Grafton's saloon, you hired gunslinger! Your fight is with your own ignorance, and the wise men of the past.

I Wish It Would Rain, as (I know) I'm Losing You because I Can't Get Next To You, but I'm Gonna Make You Love Me because I'm a son of Plato, and Papa Was a Rolling Stone so I wish you a Silent Night all by the "Temptations."

Now go and help Tom Hanks, and play with Leonardo's paintings, to see if you can spot anymore clues to your own stupidity. Oh by the way, you better find another play-ground for your winter migration. Don't you know that if Donald Trump wins the elections, you will not be allowed to enter the USA anymore? Don wants only the smart foreign immigrants to enter the USA, and I have heard that goes for migrating birds, too. Stupid you were born and stupid you will die. Too bad you cannot reincarnate any lower than you already are, as you are as low as a soul can get. But be of good cheer, as you can only go up, but only if God can bring Himself to perform another Galactic size miracle, like the creation of the universe. 
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2015, 11:49:29 am »

i have proven that i know more than you do on any subject you choose[/u]

You think you are a great fisher of Men, do you now! You must be one of the ILLUMINATI. May God help us!

Prove it, you Low Down Yankee Liar; Canadian-Floridian, I mean. Meet me inside Grafton's saloon, you hired gunslinger! Your fight is with your own ignorance, and the wise men of the past.

I Wish It Would Rain, as (I know) I'm Losing You because I Can't Get Next To You, but I'm Gonna Make You Love Me because I'm a son of Plato, and Papa Was a Rolling Stone so I wish you a Silent Night all by the "Temptations."

Now go and help Tom Hanks, and play with Leonardo's paintings, to see if you can spot anymore clues to your own stupidity. Oh by the way, you better find another play-ground for your winter migration. Don't you know that if Donald Trump wins the elections, you will not be allowed to enter the USA anymore? Don wants only the smart foreign immigrants to enter the USA, and I have heard that goes for migrating birds, too. Stupid you were born and stupid you will die. Too bad you cannot reincarnate any lower than you already are, as you are as low as a soul can get. But be of good cheer, as you can only go up, but only if God can bring Himself to perform another Galactic size miracle, like the creation of the universe. 

i think that your use of "us" is inappropriate and disrespectful to everyone. you are alone and thus you should say "god help me".
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2015, 11:16:42 am »

No poet of the older generation
Would win from us such keen cooperation
In speaking for him in a comic play
As the young man for whom we speak today,
Our poet's worthy of this honor great;
He speaks the truth, he hates the men you hate,
He does not shy from danger like a child
But dares the storm and braves the whirlwind wild.
He says that he's been asked on every side
The reason why he's not till now applied
To have a chorus of his own and seek
Crowns for himself; on this he bid us speak.
He says he wasn't stupid, but he thought!
This job was with more difficulties fraught
Than any other job that mortals do:
Though many court the Muse, she yields to few.
He knew your favorite was a fickle fade;
Look at what old Pindar had to bear of late
When stern imbeciles his noble odes belate.
Flowed o'er the plains in a great flood of praise
Of himself did he praise, chucked others off the stage
And in his mighty uprooting every olive tree,
Pillars, plain, competitors, swirled out to sea.
Such was he when he bloomed. Now, shame on you!
He in his dotage babbles around this site,
But on his misery you take no pity.
Do your duty then and speak to him,
Those whom Pindar understand, please tell him,
Those Herculean pillars on Morocco and Gibraltar stand! 
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2015, 11:35:27 am »

so you say science will never find atlantis and you are sure you can prove it with poorly executed poetry.  do you not see the disconnect? can you talk about science at all? pindar is only irrelevant if science says he is wrong and that isn't happening lately.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2015, 08:47:58 pm »

so you say science will never find atlantis and you are sure you can prove it with poorly executed poetry.  do you not see the disconnect? can you talk about science at all? pindar is only irrelevant if science says he is wrong and that isn't happening lately.

I wish that you, Parta, Rennes, or whomever you are representing, either to ask or answer as you are so inclined; but I would rather have done with poems and odes, if you do not object, and come back to the question about which you were asking at first, and by your help make an end of that. The talk about the poets seems to me like a commonplace entertainment to which a vulgar company have recourse; who, because they are not able to converse or amuse one another, while they are drinking, with the sound of their own voices and conversation, by reason of their stupidity, raise the price of flute-girls in the market, hiring for a great sum the voice of a flute instead of their own breath, to be the medium of intercourse among them: but where the company are real gentlemen and people of education, you will see no flute-girls, nor dancing-girls, nor harp-girls; and they have no nonsense or games, but are contented with one another’s conversation, of which their own voices are the medium, and which they carry on by turns and in an orderly manner, even though they are very liberal in their potations. And a company like this of ours, and men and women such as we profess to be, seekers of Atlantis, do not require the help of another’s voice, or of the poets whom you cannot interrogate about the meaning of what they are saying; people who cite them declaring, some that the poet has one meaning, and others that he has another, and the point which is in dispute can never be decided. And neither can we, truthfully, arrive as to whom was first at one thing or another, as I have stated from the start. This sort of entertainment they decline, and prefer to talk with one another, and put one another to the proof in conversation. And these are the models which I desire that you and I should imitate. Leaving the poets, and keeping to ourselves, let us try the mettle of one another and make proof of the truth in conversation. If you have a mind to ask, I am ready to answer; or if you would rather, do you answer, and give me the opportunity of resuming and completing our unfinished argument.

Now if you, as initially intended, are wanting to vaunt your Zoroastrian expertise, and want to, seriously, connect Plato's Atlantis story to it, as something that inspired him in giving us Atlantis, then stop beating around the bush, as you are the only bird in the brush, and can only flush yourself out, and be prey and preditor all in one, and the slayer of yourself. Further, don't use science as a pretense, if you are going to argue about whether or not Atlantis is a real place or myth. This pretense of yours is only evidence that you contradict yourself, since you have now clearly stated that, according to your better judgment and opinion, which you confuse with "logic," the tale of Atlantis is only an allegory, a long held opinion of men of renown from ancient times, and certainly not one of originality from the abyss of your mind.   

But be forewarned, that although I'm requesting that we leave the ancient poets out of this, I'm emphasizing only those poets that have been credited with having authored many works, but of which we only have but a token of them extant, and of these, many times only fragments of the work itself, and also fragments of other authors' works containing references to these works lost to us. And so, if you intend to use Eastern religions and its influence to ancient Greek thought, especially Plato, I will revert to calling, as witness, Mr. Emerson, who was a most eloquent man, and not only him will be summoned, but other members of Transcendental Club, when necessity calls. And although, if you are really someone "broad" and wealthy in knowledge, it would appear to you that I may be shooting myself in the foot, but I assure that one knowledgeable someone that I mean to profit all of us from them. It is Socrates'/Plato's God that will prove to mankind that the One and Only God, God of all mankind, exists.

Let us be clear. Out of Plato come all things that are still written and debated among men of thought. Great havoc makes he among our originalities. We have reached the mountain from which all these drift boulders were detached. The Bible of the learned for twenty-two hundred years, every brisk young man who says in succession fine things to each reluctant generation,- Boethius, Rabelais, Erasmus, Bruno, Locke, Rousseau, Alfieri, Coleridge,- is some reader of Plato, translating into the vernacular, wittily, his good things. Even the men of grander proportion suffer some deduction from the misfortune (shall I say?) of coming after this exhausting generalizer. St. Augustine, Copernicus, Newton, Behmen, Swedenborg, Goethe, are likewise his debtors and must say after him. For it is fair to credit the broadest generalizer with all the particulars deducible from his thesis.

Plato is philosophy, and philosophy, Plato,- at once the glory and the shame of mankind, since neither Saxon nor Roman have availed to add any idea to his categories. No wife, no children had he, and the thinkers of all civilized nations are his posterity and are tinged with his mind. How many great men Nature is incessantly sending up out of night, to be his men,- Platonists! the Alexandrians, a constellation of genius; the Elizabethans, not less; Sir Thomas More, Henry More, John Hales, John Smith, Lord Bacon, Jeremy Taylor, Ralph Cudworth, Sydenham, Thomas Taylor; Marcilius Ficinus and Picus Mirandola. Calvinism is in his Phaedo: Christianity is in it. Mahometanism draws all its philosophy, in its hand-book of morals, the Akhlak-y-Jalaly, from him. Mysticism finds in Plato all its texts. This citizen of a town in Greece is no villager nor patriot. An Englishman reads and says, "how English!" a German- "how Teutonic!" an Italian- "how Roman and how Greek!" As they say that Helen of Argos had that universal beauty that every body felt related to her, so Plato seems to a reader in New England an American genius. His broad humanity transcends all sectional lines.

In all nations there are minds which incline to dwell in the conception of the fundamental Unity. The raptures of prayer and ecstasy of devotion lose all being in one Being. This tendency finds its highest expression in the religious writings of the East, and chiefly in the Indian Scriptures, in the Vedas, the Bhagavat Geeta, and the Vishnu Purana. Those writings contain little else than this idea, and they rise to pure and sublime strains in celebrating it.
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2015, 09:14:10 pm »

as of 2015, king george lll has been confirmed not to have been suffering from porphyria [his medicine made his pee blue] but schizophrenia. the main evidence of this was his incessant rambling.

science will call the place what they want to call the place. properly an early holocene construction built to take advantage of the loess soil, multitude of rivers and treasure house of natural riches. if the romanians want to call it atlantis who cares. if the serbs et al want to call it eden/kikkar makes no difference to me. aristotle said zoroaster lived 5000 years before plato and yima 33 generations before that so i would call the place the mythical homeland of the indo-europeans that is yimas constructions and vourukasa.

don't you feel you are wasting alot of time with those maniacally long responses?
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2015, 09:18:20 pm »

sorry aristotle said 6000 years before plato, 5000 years before troy and then 33 generations before that.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 11:54:12 pm »

sorry aristotle said 6000 years before plato, 5000 years before troy and then 33 generations before that.

So why don't you fly away then. Since you claim to have money, why not travel to those places of the Zoroastrian lands, and give me a break. The desert is pleasantly warn in the winter for snowbirds; much warmer than Florida. Besides, I'm certain that some ISIS members would actually enjoy conversing with you about it, and they, in turn, will relate their version of the Koran to you, and will be apt to have you talk your head off! You do know that the Muslims hold Plato in high regard? So tell them where he got the Atlantis story.
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2015, 12:04:24 am »

eranvej is the middle danube basin. too many syrians.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

eranvej is the middle danube basin. too many syrians.

It's getting to the point
Where I'm no fun anymore
I am sorry
Sometimes it hurts so badly
I must cry out loud
I am lonely
I am yours, you are mine
You are what you are
And you make it hard
Remember what we've said and done and felt
About each other
Oh babe, have mercy
Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now
I am not dreaming.
I am yours, you are mine
You are what you are
And you make it hard
Tearing yourself away from me now
You are free and I am crying
This does not mean I don't love you
I do, that's forever, yes and for always
I am yours, you are mine
You are what you are
And you make it hard
Something inside is telling me that
I've got your secret. Are you still listening?
Fear is the lock, and laughter the key to your heart
And I love you.
I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are
And you make it hard,
And you make it hard
Friday evening, Sunday in the afternoon
What have you got to lose?
Tuesday mornin', please be gone I'm tired of you.
Can I tell it like it is? Help me I'm sufferin'
Listen to me baby-Help me I'm dyin'
It's my heart that's a sufferin', it's a dyin'
That's what I have to lose
I've got an answer
I'm going to fly away
What have I got to lose?
Will you come see me
Thursdays and Saturdays?
Chestnut brown canary
Ruby throated sparrow
Sing a song don't be long
Thrill me to the marrow
Voices of the angels ring around the moonlight
Asking me, said she so free
How can you catch the sparrow?
Lacy, lilting, lady, losing love, lamenting
Change my life, make it right
Be my lady.
Doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2015, 08:48:30 pm »

anyone interested in a 300 pound baldass crazy crossdresser? sounds like ones looking for a date.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2015, 02:10:51 pm »

anyone interested in a 300 pound baldass crazy crossdresser? sounds like ones looking for a date.

What we have here is a failure to communicate! It is only you that I want, and no one else. You are the lost sheep that God asked me to rescue from your total ignorance and incapacity to generate higher and noble thoughts. Currently, you are only just pasturing on weeds and winter grass in the Floridian terrain, always with your head facing down, gorging yourself on terrestrial pleasures. And God wants to make amends for His error in creating you as you are now; king of fools. Therefore, God told me that if I wanted to earn my wings--being an angel without any at this time--I would have to perform this Herculean task on His behalf. Now, I have not been waiting long to get my wings, still, I'm very determined to get them in record time. Therefore I will succeed at any cost, even if I have to come down to hell to get you; you have one "wing" already there.  And don't confuse Angel wings with bird-brain wings, as they are totally different. Angel wings will get one into a higher plain in heaven, while bird-brain wings will get you deeper in "debt," and in lower circles of hell! You are in trouble-deep already. Because when Minos raps his tail around your soul, he will run out of tail before he measures all your stupidity (sins). And therefore, God does not want to dig another lower circle just for you, as He deemed the ninth as low enough for the Devil. Are you boasting to be able to debate and triumph over Lucifer himself? Such arrogance coming from a mere bird-brain; you'd better plead insanity before the court of Minos, as that is your only chance.  And for heaven's sake, don't try to bribe the judge! Otherwise you are going to make my job even harder, and, besides Heracles, I will also need Sampson's help to rescue you. But I cannot promise that we will succeed with all your bird-brain heads, therefore you should shed a few now, before you get there.
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2015, 02:16:05 pm »

i understand your bitterness. you thought it would always be this

but now its mostly this

thats what happens when you fly too high or go batshit crazy.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2015, 03:27:15 pm »

i understand your bitterness. you thought it would always be this

but now its mostly this

thats what happens when you fly too high or go bat**** crazy.

Well!, although I did not want to spoil your fun just yet, we have gone far enough with this farce, and I do have serious work to do!

Therefore, as I have prompted you all along, why don't you just wash your dirty laundry in this public forum, and come clean?

Tell them that you have gotten all your nonsense from a particular site; plagiarizing some other idiot again. And that is why you cannot provide any correct answers, or for that matter, in actuality, none. Even those silly old Google images come from that silly site under (mapss); The last King of Atlantis. Prince Eugene my foot! It should be titled, "The Last Fool to have reigned Atlantis- the reason for the submergence of the Island Continent." That idiot master of yours does not even know that, "map," is singular, and that, "maps," is plural. And to designate more than one, pluralizes, with an additional "s" the already plural.

https://shebtiw.wordpress.com/the-sea/the-pillars-of-hercules/ 

So just bugger off, you idiot, as I have already made you out to be! 

In Etruscan, Atlas is written as Malta, only if NIKAS in Etruscan means, IMBECILE: Since you are also dyslectic;  !TOIDI UOY, SAKIN FFO REGGUB TSUJ OS
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2015, 03:43:59 pm »

exactly what piece of text have i plagiarized? all the pictures i've showed come from picassa or originated there. if you check the dates you will find the dates on picassa predate that wordpress site.

who plagiarizes here? continuously? all these songs and any idea you try to pass off as your own? who didn't know the first thing? who spends sooo much time trying to convince themselves that what they don't know doesn't matter... like a true clinical psychotic.

the national geological institute of romania made the atlantis announcement not your wordpress individual. i do not recall prince eugene being mentioned by the ngir at all. so who what is the point of what very clearly your hugest discovery ever.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: