Atlantis Online
March 18, 2024, 10:30:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Science will never find Atlantis

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Science will never find Atlantis  (Read 2917 times)
Hermocrates

« on: September 11, 2015, 02:07:13 pm »

You asked; "what is the first text that mentions the pillars of heracles and where are they placed? can i hear from the experts?"

I do not know about him being an expert that many here will accept, but I will provide you with a reference of one with not a mean reputation, Aristotle. Although there were many other previous mention as to the location of the Pillars of Heracles, but for the purpose at hand, Plato's Atlantis, here is what I can offer you.

The Pillars of Heracles were know to the Greeks, and therefore also to Plato, as the modern day location of Gibraltar. Aristotle, one of Plato's intimate disciples, and a pupil of the Academy for 20 years during Plato's lifetime, clearly, and without a doubt indicates, in his Meteorologica, that the pillars were this very location, the narrow mouth dividing the Med from the Atlantic. And in this work of Aristotle, one also can see the knowledge of geography that the Greeks of those times had, which also, clearly shows their specific knowledge of the outer ocean, the Atlantic.

But do me a favor, do not tell a certain "Nikas" on this site about it, as he will tell you that the Pillars of Heracles in the "Etruscan" dialect means "Pantelleria."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: