Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:26:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Godzilla? Huge shark eaten by mystery sea monster, according to scientists

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Godzilla? Huge shark eaten by mystery sea monster, according to scientists  (Read 204 times)
DecoNoir

« on: May 31, 2015, 07:44:43 pm »

Godzilla? Huge shark eaten by mystery sea monster, according to scientists

12 months ago June 09, 2014 8:34AM

A Great White Shark is believed to have been eaten by a ‘sea monster’.

A Great White Shark is believed to have been eaten by a ‘sea monster’. Source: ThinkStock

A HUGE 2.7-metre-long great white shark was eaten by an even bigger “mystery sea monster”, according to scientists.

Researchers had tagged the healthy shark to track its movements as part of a study, but were shocked when the tracking device washed up on a beach in Australia four months later, just four kilometres away.

More news...

IDIOT: Foolish swimmer provokes and is attacked by stingray

HOWZAT: Aussie cricket takes unbelievable catch

HOW MUCH? Michael Jackson’s kids get an enormous allowance

Data captured on the device showed there was a rapid temperature rise along with a sudden, sharp 580-metres plunge.

The researchers believe the data proves it was eaten by something much bigger, saying the temperatures recorded indicate it went inside another animal’s digestive system.

The only theory they have so far was that it was gobbled up by a “colossal cannibal great white shark”.

The case is detailed in an upcoming documentary by the Smithsonian Institute, called the Hunt for the Super Predator, which draws from an earlier ABC documentary The Search for the Ocean’s Super Predator.

“When I was first told about the data that came back from the tag that was on the shark, I was absolutely blown away,” filmmaker Dave Riggs says in the documentary.

“The question that not only came to my mind but everyone’s mind who was involved was, ‘what did that?’ It was obviously eaten. What’s gonna eat a shark that big? What could kill a [9-foot] great white?”

The documentary will air in the US on June 25.

Shark eaten

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/godzilla-huge-shark-eaten-by-mystery-sea-monster-according-to-scientists/story-fnjwkt0b-1226947396017

Take a closer look a sharks
Report Spam   Logged

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DecoNoir

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 07:54:44 pm »

Short clip - Something Ate This Shark...But What?

3 min.
Report Spam   Logged

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: