Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:37:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Avengers 3 & Captain America: Civil War Updates

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avengers 3 & Captain America: Civil War Updates  (Read 225 times)
Red Rain
Superhero Member

« on: May 19, 2015, 11:57:34 pm »

Chris Evans Calls Captain America: Civil War ‘Set Up’ for Avengers: Infinity War

Spencer Perry May 04, 2015

Robert Downey Jr. Talks Captain America: Civil War, Teases Spider-Man

Though Avengers: Age of Ultron is still taking the world by storm, the attention is already on next year’s Captain America: Civil War, which will draw a line in the sand and divide the Marvel cinematic universe. Speaking with MTV, Captain America himself, Chris Evans, opened up about the movie calling it a set-up for the “real battle” in 2018 and 2019’s Avengers: Infinity War.

“It’s to jump off into the next Avengers, Infinity War,” Evans said. “So Cap 3 is going to be the set-up of the real battle, so there are a lot of people.”

In addition, Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson revealed that they know whose “side” they’ll be on for the conflict, but they wouldn’t divulge.

Feeling left out, Mark Ruffalo pointed out that he won’t be in the film which prompted Johansson to respond: “Well you never know, there’s always time…I’ll talk to the Russos about it.”

Check out the full video in the player below.

The cast for Captain America: Civil War continues to grow, in what Anthony Mackie calls “Avengers 3.8.” In addition to Evans, Renner, and Johansson “Civil War” will feature Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Anthony Mackie as The Falcon, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Chadwick Boseman in his MCU debut as Black Panther, Daniel Bruhl as Baron Helmut Zemo, Frank Grillo as Crossbones, and the brand-new Spider-Man.

Set to be directed once again by the Russo Brothers, who will also helm the upcoming two-part Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War will debut in theaters on May 6, 2016.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/338737-chris-evans-reveals-shooting-plans-for-avengers-infinity-war
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Red Rain
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:58:53 pm »

Avengers: Infinity War to be Filmed Entirely with Brand-New IMAX Cameras

Spencer Perry May 07, 2015

Avengers: Infinity War to be Filmed Entirely with Brand-New IMAX Cameras

On the heels of the reveal of its nine-month production schedule, Marvel Studios, the Russo brothers and IMAX today announced that Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War – Parts 1 & 2 will be shot in their entirety using IMAX and ARRI’s next generation revolutionary 2D digital camera – a joint customized digital version of ARRI’s new large format camera, the Alexa 65. The two-part “Avengers” saga marks the first time a Hollywood feature film will have been shot completely using IMAX cameras and will feature IMAX’s exclusive aspect ratio, providing moviegoers a uniquely immersive experience.

Prior to filming Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War – Parts 1 & 2, Joe and Anthony Russo, who also directed Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, will use the IMAX/ARRI 2D digital camera for select action sequences on the forthcoming Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War, which will release in IMAX theaters in May of 2016.

“The intent with the Infinity War films is to bring ten years of accumulative storytelling to an incredible climax,” Joe and Anthony Russo stated. “We felt that the best way to exploit the scale and scope required to close out the final chapter of these three phases, was to be the first films shot entirely on the IMAX/ARRI Digital camera.”

“Over the years, IMAX has had the incredible good fortune to work with some of the world’s finest, most talented filmmakers, who continue to push the envelope both technically and creatively,” said Greg Foster, Senior Executive Vice President, IMAX Corp. and CEO of IMAX Entertainment. “We could not be more excited to deepen our partnership with Joe and Anthony Russo, a pair of filmmakers we believe are next-generation trailblazers. Marvel’s Avengers franchise has become a global phenomenon and to have it pay off in this epic way using the IMAX/ARRI digital camera is the very definition of event movie-going.”

The next-generation 2D digital camera – co-developed by IMAX and ARRI – is meant for use by today’s leading filmmakers working in the IMAX format. The joint solution is designed as a complementary tool to IMAX’s high-resolution capture technologies – including its 3D digital and 15perf / 65mm film cameras. Moreover, IMAX worked with ARRI to achieve the highest level of digital image capture for playback on IMAX’s xenon and new laser projection systems.

Set to be directed by the Russo brothers and featuring a script by Marvel favorites Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 is slated for release in IMAX theaters on May 4, 2018; Part 2 will open on May 3, 2019.
Report Spam   Logged
Red Rain
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 12:00:15 am »

Chris Evans Reveals Shooting Plans for Avengers: Infinity War

Spencer Perry Apr 27, 2015

Chris Evans Reveals Shooting Plans for Avengers: Infinity War

Though today marked the first day of filming for the upcoming Captain America: Civil War, Marvel Studios already has their eyes set on the future beyond it with Avengers: Infinity War. Speaking with Esquire, Steve Rogers himself, Chris Evans, spoke about how long he’ll be filming “Civil War” and when he expects to star the two-part Avengers epic.

“We start [Captain America: Civil War] in a couple weeks, and then that shoots until August or something like that. August or September. Then I’ve got some downtime and I can do with it as I please. I don’t know if I want to take time off or go pursue another directing job or find a movie to act in or, you know, do whatever I’m creatively inclined to pursue or wait, relax, enjoy my life. And then we start the Infinity War, I think, some time in the third quarter. Fall or winter of 2016. That’s going to be like nine months to shoot both movies back to back.”

Captain America: The Winter Soldier and “Civil War” directors Anthony and Joe Russo are set to helm the two-parter, which will feature a script by Marvel favorites Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn previously chimed in on the idea of the Guardians meeting the Avengers in saying: “When I’m asked about the Guardians and their future, and whether they’ll meet up with the Avengers I really don’t have all that much to say, because some of it isn’t decided yet, and I don’t want to give away what is decided.”

Though the full cast is unconfirmed, Avengers: Infinity War Part I will see release on May 4, 2018, with Part II set to follow one year later on May 3, 2019.
Report Spam   Logged
Red Rain
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 12:01:28 am »

Spencer Perry Apr 24, 2015

As the press circuit for Avengers: Age of Ultron continues, Robert Downey Jr. appeared on “The Late Show with David Letterman” last night where inevitably the topic of his next Marvel film came up, next year’s Captain America: Civil War. With Letterman being clueless to the matter, Downey explained the concept of the film to Letterman and even teased the inclusion of Spider-Man.

“There was a strain of comics where Captain America and Iron Man, they went on different sides and they fought each other,” Downey says.

“Do you win? You must win,” Letterman replied.

Check out the full video in the player below.

The cast for Captain America: Civil War continues to grow, in what Anthony Mackie calls “Avengers 3.8.” In addition to Downey, “Civil War” will feature Chris Evans as Captain America, Mackie as The Falcon, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Chadwick Boseman in his MCU debut as Black Panther, Daniel Bruhl in a mystery role, Frank Grillo as Crossbones, and the brand-new Spider-Man.

Set to be directed once again by the Russo Brothers, who will also helm the upcoming two-part Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War will debut in theaters on May 6, 2016.
Report Spam   Logged
Red Rain
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 12:02:54 am »

http://www.superherohype.com/news/338413-robert-downey-jr-talks-captain-america-civil-war-teases-spider-man
Report Spam   Logged
Red Rain
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 12:07:02 am »

Joss Whedon Describes Battles with Marvel Over Avengers: Age of Ultron

Max Evry May 05, 2015

ZZ1ED9F125

If you thought that scene in Avengers: Age of Ultron with Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Erik Selvig (Stellan Skarsgard) in the cave felt tacked on, you have a pal who agrees with you and his name is… Joss Whedon? Yep, apparently the mastermind had other masters to mind at Marvel while making the movie, which he discussed candidly with the Empire Film Podcast (via Heat Vision, The Playlist). Needless to say, spoilers ahead.

“The dreams were not an executive favorite — the dreams, the farmhouse, these were things I fought to keep,” Whedon said of the horrific visions induced by Scarlet Witch and the rural sequence with Hawkeye’s family. “With the cave, it really turned into: they pointed a gun at the farm’s head and said, ‘Give us the cave, or we’ll take out the farm,’ — in a civilized way. I respect these guys, they’re artists, but that’s when it got really, really unpleasant.”

Ironically, after the scene was shot and integrated into the film, test audiences didn’t respond well to it — as most regular audiences experienced this weekend as well — and Disney execs wanted it excised entirely, with Thor’s absence referenced verbally but not visually.

Whedon admits, “I was so beaten down at that point that I was like, ‘Sure, OK — what movie is this?’ And the editors were like, ‘No. You have to show the [events in the cave]. You can’t just say it… I do feel they threw out the baby with the pond water.”

Marvel demanded a drastically-reduced version of Thor’s cave bath included so as to allude to the Infinity Stones that will play a critical role in the franchise’s future but do not have much bearing on the events of Age of Ultron. Whedon also wanted to include Captain Marvel and Spider-Man, but studio politics prevented that from happening in time, so Captain America has to make do with a new Avengers roster that includes Black Widow, The Falcon, War Machine, The Vision and Scarlet Witch.

“I wanted all those people, but I said, ‘It would be great if we could add a few more [characters], if we could have a Captain Marvel there, now that you’ve made a deal,’ and they talked about it,” Whedon said. “And I was like, ‘And Spider-Man, we could do that too, ’cause Sony had approached us during the first movie about a little integration. So I would have put both of [those characters] in, but neither of the deals were made.”

Later in post-production Marvel told Whedon, “‘We’re making a Captain Marvel movie and we’ve got Spider-Man as a property,’ and I’m like, ‘I’ve already locked my film you f**kers! Thanks for nothing.”

Earlier this week, Whedon also made reference to a scene he shot with Tom Hiddleston as Loki walking Thor through his dream that was excised, saying,  “I really wanted to have Loki in it but I understood the decision.” That language makes it sound like it was not his decision to make, which apparently it wasn’t.

“He’s so important to the mythos, and they’re like, ‘We can’t get Tom. We can’t make a deal,” Whedon recounts. “‘You can have Idris!’ I was like, ‘Oh, I love Idris! This is great!’ And then I talked to Tom and said… ‘I would never pressure you, but I really feel like it would be great if you could do this, and he was like, ‘Sure.’ And they’re like, ‘But we already have Idris!’ And again, I had no problem there. Everybody’s in! We had Loki in the second part of [Thor’s] dream and [Marvel] was like, ‘Well that doesn’t work and we don’t want to introduce Loki’ this late.’”

Whedon goes on to describe the scene fully: “We even had a little reference to the fact that he’s taken the throne, which was Tom doing his Anthony Hopkins impression when Thor says, ‘Oh, what would father say?’ Then Tom does his Hopkins impression, and Thor’s like, ‘That is uncanny!’ It’s sort of like his subconscious is telling him that Loki was imitating his father. But he would never make that connection.”

Lest you think poor, beleaguered Joss Whedon did not get his way on anything, he fought the good fight to have Quicksilver die and got his wish in the final cut, although scenes that depicted Aaron Johnson’s speedy Pietro Maximoff as a fast operator with the ladies were lost, possibly due to time constraints.

“It’s disingenuous to make, as I refer to it, a war movie and say there is no price,” Whedon stated. “In this movie we’re saying, ‘prove to me that you guys are heroes.’ And [Quicksilver] is the guy who is the least… the most arrogant, the most annoying — if you watch the DVD extras, an incredible p**sy hound — and Hawkeye genuinely hates him and that’s the guy who saves him. I knew that it would be resonant and it would make everything work and matter more. I said [to Johnson], ‘The only thing that would keep you alive is if the Disney executives say, ‘Idiot, it’s a franchise and we need all these people and you’re not allowed to kill them.’”

Preposterous as it sounds, those scenes WERE shot, though.

“We did actually shoot him in the last scene, in an outfit with his sister,” Whedon admits. “And we did shoot him waking up from his, ‘Ahh! I didn’t really die from these 47 bullet wounds!’ but the intent was always that we were going to earn this and then you have to stand by it.”

Joss also recently abandoned his Twitter account, which some speculate was due to rampant hate Tweets (and moronic death threats) from a sub-movement online of those disgruntled at Black Widow’s portrayal as a “damsel-in-distress” in the movie.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/339793-joss-whedon-describes-battles-with-marvel-over-avengers-age-of-ultron#/slide/1
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: