Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:47:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Message to Former Atlantis Rising Member "Ishtar" coming to infect this forum:

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Message to Former Atlantis Rising Member "Ishtar" coming to infect this forum:  (Read 472 times)
Byron
Superhero Member

« on: April 26, 2015, 07:30:13 pm »

(Last week this crazy person registered again for the umpteenth time and started spreading her hateful and crazy messages again (while, of course accusing us of being the hateful ones), then, of course, got banned again and had most of her posts deleted. This time, she went by the name: "Echo.")

GET A LIFE ISHTAR, IT HAS BEEN EIGHT YEARS, DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH YOUR LIFE BESIDES ANNOYING PEOPLE. ALSO, GET YOURSELF SOME THERAPY!

You were not mistreated by anyone, just because you lost every debate you went into with any of us, it does not mean you were abused.  I can only speak for myself, but I doubt many here even think about your crazy a@@ anymore until you pop up here and do something nutty like that. And that goes for most of the other conservatives from there, most of which were complete LOSERS.  I don't even remember half the names anymore. Anyway, see a good shrink.
Report Spam   Logged

Win One for the Lion

Healthcare is a Right, Not a Privilige

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Brigster

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 08:38:15 pm »

Now see here, Byron, I happen to believe that AR is the greatest forum on the internet and that if folks want a website that believes in strong, conservative values, they are better off coming there. Not to mention it has the added benefit of all the latest research by Georgeos Diaz Montexano, for my money, the best Atlantis researcher on the internet.
Report Spam   Logged
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 12:45:15 am »

On the other hand, anyone involved in pure research from there or anywhere else is highly welcomed!  it would be nice if the politics were left at the door, that seems to be the main point of contention for most.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Luke Hodiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 08:54:33 pm »

I always thought that poor woman needed some help, this confirms it. Ishtar, let go of your hate. Hating is not a very Christian thing to do. Find charity and compassion for your fellow man and woman, even if you don't agree with their political viewpoints.

Also, let go of the hatred you feel for Barack and Hillary. Just because they aren't anti-choicers like yourself does not make them bad people.
Report Spam   Logged
Nemesis
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 09:55:18 pm »

Ishtar, let go of the hate, don’t be a hater, consider this an intervention.
Report Spam   Logged

"Behold I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"
Psycho
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 11:04:05 pm »

I remember Ishtar, nutty as a fruitcake!  Where’s she posting from an insane asylum?
Report Spam   Logged
Trevor Proffitt
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 01:42:33 am »

I remember Atlantis Rising. I think what really killed that website was that the mods, all conservatives, were so biased against anyone who didn't share their viewpoint that they alienated anyone who thought differently. Well, the way you have decent debates is when people disagree and come from opposite ends of the political spectrum.  In the end, the website was more about politics than ancient history, always a killer. You can't play favorites when it comes to forum members, which they did quite a bit, even when it came to the Atlantis research done there. As for Ishtar, she seemed comfortable in her little bubble where conservatives controlled all the arguments, couldn't handle it when they couldn't always protect her. The whole thing was a bit sad.
Report Spam   Logged
Elric
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 08:05:47 pm »

Personally, I take no joy in banning people, I believe the forum functions best when a variety of viewpoints are offered. However, that Monday she thought no one was here, she posted some forty-three posts, all hateful, derisive or adding nothing of substance to the topic, would still be posting them if she hadn't been banned. It is clear this person is mentally ill and feels she was slighted somehow, some eight years back. Let her work out her neuroses some other place. Most of the forty-three posts have also been deleted, by the way, the rest posted under the name "Echo."
Report Spam   Logged
Nemesis
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 10:26:29 pm »

Nutty as a fruitcake, the embodiment of the word "hag." A woman who has nothing better to do with her time than live vicariously through postings on the internet, deciding, in a blow, that all conservatives are good and liberals are evil. Hates Hillary seemingly because she is just a woman and hates Obama just because he is black.

Atlantis Rising was like Bizarroworld, where George Bush Jr. was widely popular still at a time when he was down to 22% in the polls with the American public. And nutty old Ishtar was one of his biggest supporters!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"Behold I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"
Ian Nottingham
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 06:46:56 pm »

After a time, the place (Atlantis Rising) really wasn't about Atlantis, but about the Iraq War, whether Iran should be bombed and how great a president George Bush was. And, as I remember it, this particular poster (Ishtar) wasn't even interested in Atlantis at all, but right wing religious zealotry and her pro-lifer agenda. Why would anyone be interested in any of that if they came to the place to discuss Atlantis?  They dug their own grave.
Report Spam   Logged
Tina Walter
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 08:43:18 pm »

There were a couple of good years there in 2004 and 2005. Once Ulf Richter died, I think that the forum there lost much of the Atlantis discussion and it all became about politics. I, for one did not want to be a part of a website where the main topic was the Bush Presidency, especially since the mods there were such ardent supporters of him, and not exactly unbiased. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: