Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:36:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Twin Peaks, the X-Files & Heroes Returning to TV

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Peaks, the X-Files & Heroes Returning to TV  (Read 4878 times)
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« on: March 30, 2015, 04:59:24 pm »

Chris Carter and David Duchovny on the Return of The X-Files
SuperHeroHype Mar 28, 2015

the x-files

“Twin Peaks,” “Coach,” and “The X-Files.” All our favorite shows are coming back, the latter of which always seemed to make the most sense. After all, “The X-Files” affords endless possibilities and unexplainable mysteries for Scully & Mulder to probe. Now that their return is official, just what can viewers and fans expect? Series creator Chris Carter and star David Duchovny have spoken out a bit, teasing heavily but revealing a bit about returning players, where the revival will stand and the nature of the episodes.

Calling it a mix of mythology and standalone episodes, Chris Carter discussed the impending “X-Files” resurrection with X-Files News. Hitting a series of bullets, Carter says the six-episode event will be present-set, explaining, “We’re going to tell X-Files the way that we’ve always told them; we will of course set them in the time and place that they exist. We’re telling contemporary stories about contemporary situations, true to Mulder and Scully’s characters and their relationship and the passage of time.”

Putting the series in the present seems to leave “X-Files” news with questions about 2012 and ‘colonization.’ Carter says, “I’ve thought about that. I don’t know exactly how I’m going to address it, in a big way, a mild way, a modern way, a mention or a plot point. And of course you can’t avoid to deal with the William (arc) in some way or another.”

On the cast and crew tip meanwhile, many will be excited to hear Carter herald the return of Glen Morgan and James Wong, describing Morgan as being in a producing position and saying, “We’ve lured Darin Morgan and Jim Wong, we’re very excited about that and we’re working on the rest.” As for cast, he teases, “I have ideas for everyone.”

Duchovny also talked to the NY Times and was asked whether the new “X-Files” will be serialized or just like a collection of movies of the week. “We’re gonna do both. I’m pretty sure it’s gonna begin and end with the mythology. But I really don’t know,” he said.

Production on “The X-Files” event series is set to begin this summer in Vancouver.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/334975-chris-carter-and-david-duchovny-on-the-return-of-the-x-files
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: