Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:34:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Twin Peaks, the X-Files & Heroes Returning to TV

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Peaks, the X-Files & Heroes Returning to TV  (Read 4897 times)
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2015, 09:07:31 pm »

Dana Ashbrook at Antwerp Convention 2015 with Welcome to Twin Peaks reader, Marco Aarts.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:09:31 pm by Deanna Witmer » Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2015, 12:06:46 am »

Heroes Reborn Set for Thursday Nights This Fall on NBC
Spencer Perry May 10, 2015

Heroes Reborn Set for Thursday Nights This Fall on NBC

NBC has released their 2015-2016 Primetime Schedule and among the new shows is the upcoming “Heroes Reborn,” which will air on Thursdays at 8 p.m. EST.

From original creator Tim Kring, the supernatural phenomenon begins again with a fresh crop of inspiring heroes who take on the ultimate struggle between those with extraordinary abilities and those with nefarious motives to hunt and harness their powers. Epic adventures await these newly empowered allies as they cross paths with some of the original characters, unlocking the mysterious fate of the universe and their place within it.

Original cast member Jack Coleman will reprise his role as H.R.G., Jimmy Jean-Louis returns as The Haitian, and Masi Oka will be back as Hiro Nakamura. Also joining the cast are Zachary Levi (of NBC’s “Chuck” and Thor: The Dark World), Ryan Guzman (The Boy Next Door), Robbie Kay (“Once Upon a Time”), Danika Yarosh (“Shameless”), Judith Shekoni (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2), Kiki Sukezane (Death Yankee 3), Henry Zebrowski (NBC’s “A to Z”) and Gatlin Green (“Criminal Minds”).

With the return of “Heroes Reborn,” NBC will launch a digital series prior to the premiere that will introduce new characters and storylines that will take the “Heroes” phenomenon to new places. NBC’s digital platforms, as well as Hulu and video-on-demand, will debut the online prequel to the series prior to the show’s premiere.

Tim Kring serves as writer and executive producer. Peter Elkoff and James Middleton also executive produce. “Heroes Reborn” is produced by Universal Television, Imperative Entertainment and Tailwind Productions.

You can read NBC’s full 2015-2016 primetime schedule by clicking here.
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/438853-nbc-announces-its-2015-2016-primetime-schedule
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2015, 10:11:46 pm »

David Lynch To Direct 18 (!) New Episodes Of Twin Peaks, Scored By Angelo Badalamenti, Shot In Washington State
by Twin Pie on May 23, 2015 • 9:26 PM • 26 Comments

I will tell you three things. If I tell them to you and they come true, then will you believe me?
    —The Giant

David Lynch will direct 18 new episodes of Twin Peaks.
Angelo Badalamenti is composing brand new music for the series.
Twede’s Cafe in North Bend, WA, will be restored as the original Double R Diner set.

I’ll let that sink in for a minute.

Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer) and Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey Horne) at Crypticon

These three revelations were made this afternoon by Sherilyn Fenn and Sheryl Lee during a Twin Peaks panel at Crypticon in Seattle. “Yes. Those were the major reveals,” someone close to the organization of the convention confirmed in a message to Welcome to Twin Peaks. “They didn’t seem to know much past that,” he added.

Seriously, that’s about all the mind-blowing Twin Peaks news we can deal with at once. We’ll see twice the number of new episodes than originally expected. Even more beautiful music by maestro Badalamenti will be added to the already enormous soundtrack archive. And the backdrop for the new series will be the beautiful Pacific Northwest again, including North Bend and Snoqualmie, WA. And we will all be able to enjoy a slice of cherry pie and damn good coffee at the original Double R Diner again!

Double R Diner - Norma Jennings

Visit http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/18-new-twin-peaks-episodes-angelo-badalamenti-washington-state/#ixzz3cFR4gcJi
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2015, 10:13:02 pm »

Whoever thought recent budget woes were about someone’s personal paycheck, you couldn’t be more wrong. Thank you, Showtime! You’re definitely spoiling us!

Oh yeah, and shooting is now said to start in September. Start planning your pilgrimage!
Twin Peaks Panel with Sheryl Lee and Sherilyn Fenn on May 23, 2015 (Video)

Visit http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/18-new-twin-peaks-episodes-angelo-badalamenti-washington-state/#ixzz3cFRTQjbH
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2015, 10:16:21 pm »

Kyle MacLachlan “Really, Really Excited” To Get Back Into The World Of Twin Peaks After Hearing David Lynch And Mark Frost’s Plans For Dale Cooper

by Twin Pie on Jun 2, 2015 • 9:55 AM • 4 Comments

Kyle MacLachlan and David Lynch behind the scenes of Twin Peaks

Kyle MacLachlan hasn’t read David Lynch and Mark Frost’s new scripts yet —he’s heading to Los Angeles in a few days to sit down with the masterminds and “move through it”— but he just told The Wall Street Journal that what he knows is enough to get excited.

“David and I have spoken a little bit. He’s asked me to be pretty tight-lipped about what we discussed. He hasn’t talked in great detail about relationships, or who or what or who with, those kinds of questions, but what he said specifically about [Dale Cooper] has made me really, really excited to get back into that world.”

But what the actor is most excited about, is working with David Lynch again. “It’s been such a long time since I’ve actually worked with David Lynch,” he said. “Our friendship is strong, and our working relationship is something I’m really excited to get back into.”

Showtime hasn’t set a production start date yet, but Kyle told WSJ he heard that they could start filming the new Twin Peaks in September or October. A pleasant and beautiful time to be shooting in the Pacific Northwest, right?

“We’ve always harbored a dream that we might be able to get back to [Dale Cooper] somehow. Never really thought it would happen, but here you go.”

There's no production start date yet, but Kyle MacLachlan heard they could start filming Twin Peaks in September or…
Click To Tweet

Hat tip to Michael Calia.
Bonus: Kyle MacLachlan about his favorite role

We expected it to be a one-off and then that was gonna be it.
    —Kyle MacLachlan

Visit http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/kyle-maclachlan-is-really-really-excited-to-return-to-twin-peaks/#ixzz3cFSDMLu3
Report Spam   Logged
Jenna Bluehut
Superhero Member

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2015, 09:54:07 pm »

UPDATED The New X-Files Trailer is Now HD!

Silas Lesnick Sep 29, 2015

We want to believe in the new X-Files trailer for the upcoming revival.
A new X-Files trailer is now online, offering a tease of the upcoming revival

Last night, during both “Gotham” and “Minority Report,” FOX aired two halves of the first official X-Files trailer for their upcoming revival series. We’ve now updated yesterday’s fan-provided captures and are pleased to present, in the player below, the full quality X-Files trailer!

The X-Files returns to FOX with a special two-night event beginning Sunday, Jan. 24 (10:00-11:00 PM ET/7:00-8:00 PM PT), following the NFC Championship Game, and continuing with its time period premiere on Monday, Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise their iconic roles as Agent Fox Mulder and Agent Dana Scully in the upcoming event series which will encompass a mixture of stand-alone investigative episodes and those that further the original show’s seminal mythology. In the opening episode, Mulder and Scully take on a case of a possible alien abductee. The all-new episodes will feature appearances by guest stars, including Joel McHale (“Community”), Robbie Amell (“The Flash”), Lauren Ambrose (“Dig,” “Six Feet Under”), Annabeth Gish (“The Bridge”), Annet Mahendru (“The Americans”), Rhys Darby (“Flight of the Conchords”), Kumail Nanjiani (“Silicon Valley”) and William B. Davis, who reprises his role as “Cigarette Smoking Man.” Three of the episodes are written and directed by Chris Carter, with the remaining new episodes written and directed by original series veterans Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan and James Wong.

The X-Files originally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit, and became one of the most successful television dramas of all time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully (Anderson) and Mulder (Duchovny), as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/354049-watch-the-the-new-x-files-trailer#/slide/1
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2015, 07:52:44 pm »

Actor Michael Ontkean Will Not Pick Up Harry S. Truman’s Sheriff Badge For The New Twin Peaks
by TWIN PIE on Oct 8, 2015 • 2:00 PM • 35 Comments

For unnamed reasons, Michael Ontkean will not be coming out of retirement as an actor in Hawaii to reprise his role as (Sheriff) Harry S. Truman in the new Twin Peaks.

The 69-year-old actor, last seen on screen as cousin Milo in Alexander Payne’s The Descendants in 2011, mentioned this as early as August during a phone call with Reflections author, Brad Dukes, who today tweeted the following regarding Ontkean’s absence from the third season:

So, I have a few things to say about the news of Michael Ontkean not returning to Twin Peaks: I spoke with Michael a handful of times this year on the phone. He was really excited to return as Truman, and even spent hundreds of hours in search of his old jacket, and finally reached out to me to help find it. We found a suitable replica. I bought it and sent it to him. We last spoke in August and he informed me he wasn’t going to Washington after all. I told him I was heartbroken to hear that.

Aside from being heartbroken, I am puzzled. Twin Peaks is not Twin Peaks without Michael Ontkean as Sheriff Harry S. Truman.

Michael was the very last actor to join the cast of the Twin Peaks pilot back in 1989, after Robert Forster had to pass on the role due to another commitment. From Brad Dukes’ book, his account of his meeting with David Lynch:
It was winter when [David Lynch and I] first met. I had on a coat that Mitsuhiro Matsuda made for me to resemble and replace the worn-out biker jacket I’d been wearing since 1961 as a teenage ember of The Black Diamond Riders motorcycle gang in Canada. David’s birthday is only two days before mine so there was some sort of immediate affinity, but he offered me the part of Sheriff Harry S. Truman just to be able to see more of that motorcycle jacket.
–Michael Ontkean
The on-screen brotherhood between Harry and Kyle MacLachlan‘s Coop was one of the numerous strengths of the original series, so while it’s likely that the character will return, it will be hard for fans to see someone else filling the man’s shoes. Even if he’s being recast with —as rumored— the original Sheriff, Robert Forster.

Visit http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/michael-ontkean-not-new-twin-peaks/#ixzz3sw4X18Fu
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2015, 07:53:26 pm »

Robert Forster in David Lynch’s Mulholland Drive.
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2015, 07:53:59 pm »

The one and only Harry S. Truman. ‪#‎25YearsLater‬
Edit by Rinaldo Zoontjes.
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2015, 07:56:04 pm »

David Lynch begs ‘Twin Peaks’ fans to stop leaking plot details on Twitter

by Larry Carroll at 02:09 PM on Sep 12, 2015

Fans of “Twin Peaks” are as fiercely loyal to the show as Jerry Horne is to his Parisian brie sandwiches — and that loyalty paid off in a major way when it was announced that the groundbreaking drama would be rebooting itself some 25 years after it went off the air. Now, as the show has begun filming its long-awaited Season 3, the self-professed “Twin Peaks Freaks” are being asked by David Lynch to stop posting pictures of the set or they might ruin some surprises that aim to be as sweet as the Double R Diner’s cherry pie.

RELATED: Zap2it Quiz: How well do you remember ‘Twin Peaks’?

The@TwinPeaksArchve account on Twitter has become a de facto destination-hub for all “Twin Peaks” news as cameras have begun rolling on the Showtime series. From small stuff (set designers painting bricks, fencing being erected at the Hurley house) to reappearances of familiar faces (Everett McGill as Big Ed Hurley, Wendy Robie as drapery-obsessed Nadine) to full-on spoilers (which we’ll try to avoid here), the buzz on social media has become quite loud among would-be sleuths hanging around the set. But amid all the fun pictures from fans who’ve seen base camp or commented on David Lynch’s choice of headwear, the creators of the show have begun to fear that everything is getting a bit too transparent.
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2015, 07:58:13 pm »

Twin Peaks @TwinPeaksArchve
Word has just reached me that David Lynch is not pleased with spoilers coming from the set. To respect David and Mark, we will stop at once.

In a tweet, the administrator of the popular Twin Peaks destination says that Lynch and series producer Mark Frost have asked that spoilers stop being posted from the set. Shortly thereafter, Frost himself tweeted a message of thanks to everyone for politely backing off a bit.

Mark Frost ✔@mfrost11
All will be revealed in due time. In the meantime, thanks to all for helping us #KeepTheMysteryAlive !!
12:31 PM - 12 Sep 2015

Now, instead of blurry photos of Big Ed’s butt, the new marching orders seem to be best reflected in Frost’s hashtag: #KeepTheMysteryAlive. It’s enough to make you wonder how different things would have been watching “Twin Peaks” in 1990, when it enjoyed its highest ratings, if social media had existed. Instead of set designer Frank Silva accidentally walking into a shot and having Lynch decide he’d be perfect to portray Laura Palmer’s killer, perhaps Silva would’ve tweeted about his mistake and never been lured into acting. If there were crude, behind-the-scenes camera phone pics of the red room online, would it have been nearly as haunting?

RELATED: ‘Twin Peaks’ promises ‘satisfying’ answers about Agent Cooper and the Black Lodge

Almost universally, fans reacted to the request from Lynch and Frost not with anger or disappointment, but with refreshing understanding. For now, it seems, the world of “Twin Peaks” can continue to develop its new voice without fear of premature dissection. And accounts like @TwinPeaksArchve will attempt to walk the fine line between excitement and over-indulgence.

Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2015, 08:00:34 pm »

35 Photos from the Set of the Twin Peaks Revival

DAVID LYNCH TV NEWS TV PREMIERE DATES TV SHOW NEWS TWIN PEAKS
BY SPENCER PERRY ON OCTOBER 2, 2015

First photos from the set of the Twin Peaks revival

Production is underway on the Twin Peaks revival, and we’ve got 35 photos from the set of the series! In the images below you’ll see a number of the locations currently being used for filming, including the infamous “Welcome to Twin Peaks” sign, a Twin Peaks Sheriff’s Department car, and even director David Lynch in action! Check them out below.

Kyle MacLachlan is set to return as Dale Cooper, with a number of other characters from the original series also expected to appear. He’s joined by series newcomers Amanda Seyfried (“Big Love,” Ted 2) and Balthazar Getty (“Brothers & Sisters,” The Judge).

Lynch and co-creator Mark Frost wrote the new set of episodes as one extended movie, which will be cut into episodes once they’ve reached the editing phase. Plans originally called for nine installments, but that number was doubled to eighteen. The new episodes are slated to air on Showtime in 2016.

Airing from April 1990 to June 1991, the ABC era of Twin Peaks (as well as the 1992 prequel film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me) followed the inhabitants of a quaint northwestern town who were stunned after their homecoming queen Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee) is shockingly murdered. The town’s sheriff welcomed the help of FBI agent Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan), who came to town to investigate the case. As Cooper conducted his search for Laura’s killer, the town’s secrets were gradually exposed. The mystery that ensued set off an eerie chain of events that plunged the inhabitants of Twin Peaks into a darker examination of their very existence. Twenty-five years later, the story continues…

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/618959-35-photos-from-the-set-of-the-twin-peaks-revival#disqus_thread
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: