Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:23:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Twin Peaks, the X-Files & Heroes Returning to TV

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Peaks, the X-Files & Heroes Returning to TV  (Read 4874 times)
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 07:26:04 pm »

10. Everett McGill

Everett McGill plays James's uncle Big Ed Hurley, the local gas station owner who's trapped in a troubled marriage with wife Nadine, but deeply in love with high school sweetheart Norma Jennings.

Prior to Twin Peaks, McGill starred in Clint Eastwood's war film Heartbreak Ridge (1986), and played baddie Ed Killifer in Licence to Kill. He also starred in horror flick The People Under The Stairs.

The actor filmed scenes as Ed Hurley for Fire Walk with Me, but they were later deleted.

McGill has since appeared in Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995) with Steven Seagal and, amazingly, a young Katherine Heigl (pictured above with McGill). One of his last on-screen acting roles to date, The Straight Story (1999), saw him reunite with Lynch.

Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 07:27:42 pm »

11. Joan Chen

Joan Chen is the seemingly fragile but secretly manipulative and calculating Josie Packard, who inherits the Packard Sawmill after her husband Andrew dies in a boating accident.

Before being cast in Twin Peaks, Chen starred as Wan Jung in Bernardo Bertolucci's Oscar-winning The Last Emperor (1987).

She is also known for her roles in Steven Seagal's action fight-fest On Deadly Ground (1994), and Sylvester Stallone's action sci-fi Judge Dredd (1995).

The actress also appeared in 2007 romantic thriller Lust, Caution, and currently stars in Singapore-set detective noir series Serangoon Road.

Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 07:28:55 pm »

12. Kimmy Robertson

Kimmy Robertson plays high-pitched and loveable receptionist Lucy Moran, dating the equally endearing deputy sheriff Andy Brennan.

Previously to Robertson's role in Twin Peaks (the star's scenes from the movie prequel were also cut), she starred in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989) and later starred in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead (1991) with Christina Applegate and John Getz.

She went on to provide the voice for the Feather Duster in Disney's Beauty and the Beast (1991).

Robertson most recently appeared in TV series Psych on the USA network - along with a few fellow Twin Peaks co-stars.

Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 07:56:59 pm »

13. Harry Goaz

Harry Goaz plays the sensitive, slightly dim but kind-natured Deputy Andy Brennan, whose weakness is visible at crime scenes where he is known to have a good cry.

Goaz went on to star in cult NBC show Eerie Indiana between 1991 and 1992. He also appeared in Steven Soderbergh's The Underneath (1995), and most recently in 2010 sci-fi movie Earthling.

Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 07:58:06 pm »

14. Eric Da Re

Eric Da Re plays the evil and abusive Leo Johnson - trucker by day, drug smuggler by night.

Da Re reprises his role as Leo Johnson in Fire Walk with Me, and had a bit part in 1997's Starship Troopers.

He also had a small part in 2002's Ted Bundy, a dramatisation of the life of the notorious serial killer.

Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 07:59:06 pm »

15. Ray Wise

Ray Wise plays Leland Palmer, the seemingly loving and later bereft father of Laura Palmer, who suffers manic nervous breakdowns following Laura's murder, during which his hair turns white and he sings nursery rhymes in a crazed manner.

Wise starred as Blair Sullivan in Dallas (1982) and also appeared in the original RoboCop prior to his role in Twin Peaks.

He went on to appear in movies including Jeepers Creepers II (2003) and X-Men First Class (2010) along with further TV roles in primetime success stories such as 24, How I Met Your Mother and Mad Men.

Wise was recently cast as former cult leader Ian Ward in CBS daytime soap The Young and the Restless.

Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 08:00:08 pm »

16. Grace Zabriskie

Grace Zabriskie plays Laura Palmer's heartbroken mother, possessed with paranormal powers which blight further her insatiable mourning following her daughter's death.

Zabriskie also starred in David Lynch's crime drama Wild at Heart with Nicolas Cage, going on to appear in the filmmaker's trippy 2006 mystery movie Inland Empire.

The actress played Mrs Ross in Seinfeld between 1992 and 1998, starred in Armageddon (1998). She later starred as Lois Henrickson in HBO's Mormon drama Big Love.

Zabriskie most recently featured in the US remake of the Danish nordic noir The Killing.

Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 08:01:34 pm »

17. Sheryl Lee

And last but by no means least... Sheryl Lee, as the ill-fated Laura Palmer (who also plays her concerned cousin Maddy Ferguson). Laura's body washes up on shore covered in plastic in the series premiere, and her death serves as the catalyst for the events that follow.

Lee returned for the prequel movie Fire Walk With Me in 1992, and went on to star in John Carpenter's bloodthirsty Vampires in 1998.

She also played Ellie Harp in TV high school drama One Tree Hill, and also starred with Jennifer Lawrence in the critically-acclaimed and Oscar-nominated drama Winter's Bone.

The actress also featured in thriller Texas Killing Fields alongside Jessica Chastain and Sam Worthington.

Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 08:01:49 pm »

Twin Peaks revival still moving forward, report suggests
Twin Peaks may not return after all, says David Lynch
Is David Duchovny returning to The X-Files and Twin Peaks?
Twin Peaks: Sheryl Lee, Dana Ashbrook, Sherilyn Fenn in line to return

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s260/twin-peaks/feature/a584814/twin-peaks-see-the-cast-of-cult-mystery-series-then-and-now.html#ixzz3Vv9LxWOH
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
Report Spam   Logged
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 12:19:49 am »

Great news, thanks for posting.
Report Spam   Logged
Goddess of Love, Hate & Fury
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 12:31:08 am »

Great news!  Love them both, and Heroes, too.
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2015, 12:35:52 am »

David Duchovny Announces Skinner, Smoking Man X-Files Return
Sam Zimmerman Apr 01, 2015

the x-files

Now that the “X-Files” revival is real-deal, its momentum has not let up. On the heels of Chris Carter’s comments that he’d like to bring everyone possible back, star David Duchovny revealed on David Letterman that intent just might come to fruition.

Appearing on “The Late Show,” Duchovny spoke to “The X-Files'” six-episode event return. Asked if original cast will be back, he says, “There’s Gillian and I, we’re original. Mitch Pileggi will come back, and the cigarette-smoking man — if that means anything to anyone — will be coming back.” Pileggi, of course, essayed FBI Assistant Director Walter Skinner throughout the series’ nine-season run, while The Smoking Man was portrayed by William B. Davis, who was a villainous, rivalrous presence from the beginning.

Less official is TV Wise’s report that both Annabeth Gish and Robert Patrick are slated to return. Both actors were introduced as main characters in “The X-Files'” eighth season, playing special agents Monica Reyes and John Doggett, respectively. The site stresses no deals are in place.

“The X-Files” shoots this summer in Vancouver. Carter has teased the new iteration will be a mix of standalone cases and mythology episodes.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/335451-david-duchovny-announces-skinner-smoking-man-x-files-return
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2015, 01:11:52 am »

David Lynch Says He’s Left Twin Peaks, Showtime Still Hopeful
david lynch showtime Twin Peaks   
By Samuel Zimmerman ON
April 5, 2015

Twin Peaks

Following weeks of rumors many hoped were unfounded, Easter Sunday brought breaking news that filmmaker and co-creator David Lynch has left the highly-anticipated “Twin Peaks” revival, scheduled to premiere on Showtime in 2016.

Early on Sunday, Twin Peaks Festival broke the rumor that Showtime had altogether cancelled the impending third season, written by co-creators Lynch and Mark Frost, and to be directed by Lynch. Later, Lynch himself clarified the goings on in a message his Twitter and Facebook accounts. It reads: “Dear Facebook Friends, Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks. After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done. This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing. Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime. I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently.”

Showtime has since responded with the following: “We were saddened to read David Lynch’s statement today since we believed we were working towards solutions with David and his reps on the few remaining deal points. SHOWTIME also loves the world of Twin Peaks and we continue to hold out hope that we can bring it back in all its glory with both of its extraordinary creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, at its helm.”

Apparently scripts for the third season have been written by Frost and Lynch, but if the series does move forward, many would certainly feel it lacking without the filmmaker’s iconic touch – which was supposed to unfold over nine episodes, shot on 35mm no less. Surely, we all hope some sort of agreement can be reached and Lynch returns.

“Twin Peaks” is the seminal, short-lived 1990-91 series by Frost and Lynch which chronicled the titular town and its inhabitants, as well as FBI Agent Dale Cooper, in the wake of the murder of Laura Palmer. “Peaks” was a massively influential cult series, telling a grim yet humorous, supernatural and distinctly Lynch-ian tale that had much of the world asking “Who killed Laura Palmer?” The show’s popularity swiftly declined after said question was answered and the second season seemed to drift aimlessly, before concluding in stunning manner. It was followed by Lynch’s undervalued Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me in 1992.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/426817-david-lynch-says-hes-left-twin-peaks-showtime-still-hopeful
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2015, 01:12:34 am »

Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2015, 06:23:22 pm »

Twin Peaks Cast In Support Of David Lynch, Fans Follow Suit To #SaveTwinPeaks (Video)

by Twin Pie on Apr 7, 2015 • 10:42 PM • 30 Comments

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like...

A dozen Twin Peaks cast members today recorded an emotional video montage to voice support for their beloved director David Lynch in his presumably still ongoing negotiations with Showtime. Without further ado…
“Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like…” #SaveTwinPeaks

UPDATE: Watch all #SaveTwinPeaks fan videos uploaded so far.

Recognize everyone?

Chronologically, here are the cast members who contributed to the support video along with their quotes.

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a girl without a secret.
    —Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a dog without a bark.
    —Dana Ashbrook (Bobby Briggs)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like eyes without the brows.
    —Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey Horne)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a waitress without a uniform.
    —Mädchen Amick (Shelly Johnson)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a pie without cherries.
    —Peggy Lipton (Norma Jennings)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a motorcycle without its rider.
    —James Marshall (James Hurley)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a sheriff’s station without donuts.
    —Kimmy Robertson (Lucy Moran)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a letterman’s jacket without the letter.
    —Gary Hershberger (Mike Nelson)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch would be like the log without its bark.
    —Catherine E. Coulson (Margaret Lanterman aka The Log Lady)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like drape runners without cotton balls.
    —Wendy Robie (Nadine Hurley)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like the fire without the heat.
    —Al Strobel (Philip Michael Gerard aka The One Armed Man aka MIKE)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a hole with no doughnut. No Twin Peaks with no David Lynch.
    —Jennifer Lynch

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like sad without funny… or funny without sad.
    —Grace Zabriskie (Sarah Palmer)

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like Abbott without Costello, Bela without Lugosi… Franken without stein.
    —Charlotte Stewart (Betty Briggs)

Ray Wise (Leland Palmer) later added his support via Twitter:

We joined the actors in asking Twin Peaks fans to follow suit and here are some of the first #SaveTwinPeaks videos uploaded to Instagram! And if you haven’t done so, please sign the #SaveTwinPeaks petition.

Many more fan videos here.
Tags: al strobel, catherine e. coulson, charlotte stewart, dana ashbrook, grace zabriskie, jennifer lynch, kimmy robertson, mädchen amick, peggy lipton, savetwinpeaks, sherilyn fenn, sheryl lee, wendy robie

Showtime President David Nevins Is Still Trying To Save David Lynch-Directed Twin Peaks [UPDATED]
Michael Horse Talks David Lynch, Twin Peaks And Encourages Fans To Talk To Showtime (Video)
30 comments

Seeks says:

Apr 7, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like David Truman without Lucy.

Becky Plant says:

Apr 8, 2015

Has Showtime seen this yet?
        Twin Pie    

Twin Pie says:

Apr 8, 2015

You bet!

Grasshopper says:

Apr 8, 2015

Slightly off topic… but I would just like to reiterate the fact that the TP ladies are STILL stone cold foxes – even after 25 long years.

The guys have aged pretty well, too.

gordon says:

Apr 8, 2015

I believe Sherilyn Fenn’s was eyes without the brows
        Twin Pie    

Twin Pie says:

Apr 8, 2015

You’re right, Gordon!

Dani says:

Apr 8, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like The Man From Another Place without MIKE. #SaveTwinPeaks

Wylde Bill says:

Apr 8, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like The Jimi Hendrix Experience without Jimi Hendrix.

mira says:

Apr 8, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a percolator without a fish

m1KKa3L says:

Apr 8, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like Columbia River without White Tail Falls…

Billy Hough says:

Apr 8, 2015

The first season of “Twin Peaks” was a Lynch/Frost collaboration. “Fire Walk With Me” was Lynch without Frost. The second season of “Twin Peaks” was Frost, after Lynch walked away–returning to direct the finale. We know what “Twin Peaks” with all Frost and no Lynch will look like, because that’s what we got in Season 2. Though “Fire…” was also not without its detractors, between the film and the second season of the show, I’d take the movie ten times over. However the genius of the first season, with both Lynch and Frost fully engaged, seems to be everyone’s idea of “Twin Peaks” apex. I suppose with Lynch theoretically having already written the scripts, it will be better than, say, JJ Abrams take on it, but with such a unique opportunity to do something wonderful–why **** it up Showtime?

ShamanX says:

Apr 8, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a forest. . . without . . . owls.

Neil says:

Apr 8, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like Showtime without viewers.

Agent X says:

Apr 9, 2015

Best reply yet.

sal says:

Apr 8, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch? It’s like the Double R Diner without the coffee & cherry pie!

jash bliven says:

Apr 9, 2015

This is incredible we have to keep spreading this story and keep the pressure on showtime to make sure they get lynch back to direct all 9 episodes!! So proud of the greatest cast on television history for voicing their support!

JordinGoff says:

Apr 9, 2015

Thanks for including me! I’m not much of a social media-er, but I made a twitter and instagram just for this! Smiley I read your site everyday, thank you for everything you do to keep the fire burning! <3 We can do this.

Echa says:

Apr 9, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like Special Agent Dale Cooper without his coffee…*sob*

Albert Rosenfeld says:

Apr 9, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like Hicksville without the yokels. I love you.

Arjan Hut says:

Apr 9, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like Fire Walk With Me without deleted scenes.

Rollo Tamassi says:

Apr 9, 2015

Love that one about the grape in the desert. It could be a lake full of fish! hahaha

PeteParsley says:

Apr 9, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like…Solar System without Jupiter and Saturn. Imagine in the film and scientific meaning.

the log says:

Apr 9, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a town without a welcome sign

xxxx says:

Apr 10, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like Bob without his killing istinct!

xxxx says:

Apr 10, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like One Eye Jack without girls!

Mila says:

Apr 10, 2015

Twin peaks without David Lynch is like Ben Horne without a cigar.

Willem Wesseling says:

Apr 12, 2015

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like a wood without sycamore trees

Paula Silvennoinen says:

Apr 13, 2015

I’m not signing the petition.

Of course, it is difficult to say what has really happened. But according to some web sources Lynch got all creative freedom and resources to make season three. I understand that his decision to walk out his own project is purely personal.

Maybe he wanted to give his reward to his meditation center, and that money wasn’t enough, or whatever. As a matter of fact, Lynch has left his associates, business partners, Twin Peaks cast and fans in a very confusing situation. Think about how it must feel to be in Mark Frost’s or Kyle MacLachlan’s position at this very moment. And I bet that those who ever shook hands with Lynch at Showtime are regretting it. Did they want (or deserve) this bad publicity – think again!

Ding! Ding! Ding! It’s time to wake up.

I’m sorry I sound so negative but there’s every reason to. I’ve been waiting for season three as long as you have – since the early 90’s. And it seems it’s going to be a long, long wait…

Rickey says:

Apr 16, 2015

I’m sorry, but you are mistaken about a few things. Lynch said straight up that showtime did not want to give him enough money to make the show the quality that he envisioned. He wanted to do right by the loyal fans who have waited 25 years.

By saying that he flat walked out on Frost and the returning cast is a total assumption on your part. Frost has made no comment that he left on bad terms. In truth, the fact that he personally called each of them to say that he would no longer be a part of something he didn’t think was being done right, shows that he does care. And that the cast is behind him and speaking out about shows this even further.

And this long, long wait you are talking about… it will be in 2016, regardless of Lynch’s involvement. Showtime has already stated that with or without Lynch, they have the scripts, and will be moving forward.

Frost and Lynch were the heart, soul, and vision of Twin Peaks (Great cast as well). Large companies buy projects, and then do not treat them correctly, usually ending in reboot after reboot and putting projects on the bottom shelf. I don’t want to see this ruined. But it very much looks that way.

But at least some people will get what they need for closure.

Green_Butt_Skunk says:

Apr 18, 2015

Twin peaks with David Lynch is like a wank without an orgasm.

Does your log have something to say about that?

Name required

Email required

Website

Twin Peaks and David Lynch t-shirts, hoodies, pillows and more
#SaveTwinPeaks
Save Twin Peaks: David Lynch & Mark Frost + Showtime
Population 51,201 (and growing)
Twin Peaks on Twitter
Tweets by @ThatsOurWaldo
Dale Cooper’s Tape Recorder Case
Diane, Dale Cooper's Tape Recorder iPhone Twin Peaks Samsung Case
Twin Peaks Cast In 2016
No official announcements have been made, but according to various sources the following actors will be shooting Twin Peaks in 2015:
* OFFICIAL: Kyle MacLachlan (Dale Cooper)
* Catherine E. Coulson (Log Lady)
* Ray Wise (Leland Palmer)
* Mädchen Amick (Shelly Johnson)
* Richard Beymer (Ben Horne)
* Michael Ontkean (Sheriff Truman)
* Peggy Lipton (Norma Jennings)
* Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer)
* Dana Ashbrook (Bobby Briggs)
* Grace Zabriskie (Sarah Palmer)
* Michael Horse (Tommy 'Hawk' Hill)
I’ve got good newsletter

Enter your e-mail to receive damn good news!

Visit http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-without-david-lynch-savetwinpeaks/#ixzz3Xngq2mBH
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: