Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 09:52:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Twin Peaks, the X-Files & Heroes Returning to TV

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Peaks, the X-Files & Heroes Returning to TV  (Read 5102 times)
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 05:14:23 pm »

Kyle MacLachlan confirmed for Twin Peaks return
By Justin Harp Monday, Jan 12 2015, 6:03pm EST
246Shares
Twin Peaks co-creator David Lynch has confirmed that Kyle MacLachlan will return for the revived third season.

MacLachlan hinted that he would be reprising his role as FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper shortly after Lynch and Mark Frost announced that they will revive the show in 2016.

Welcome back to #TwinPeaks Special Agent Dale Cooper! @Kyle_MacLachlan returns in '16 on @SHO_Network #damnfinecoffee pic.twitter.com/vTphDLvR0y
    — David Lynch (@DAVID_LYNCH) January 12, 2015

Lynch offered solid confirmation of MacLachlan's involvement in the new season of Twin Peaks on Twitter today (January 12).

"Welcome back to #TwinPeaks Special Agent Dale Cooper! @Kyle_MacLachlan returns in '16 on @SHO_Network #damnfinecoffee," Lynch tweeted.

The writer-director also released a picture of MacLachlan in a new version of Dale Cooper's famous black suit.

MacLachlan appeared on stage during Showtime's presentation at the TCA press tour today (January 12) to celebrate Twin Peaks's comeback.

Harry Dean Stanton & Kyle Maclachlan in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

© Rex Features / Moviestore Collection

"I'm very excited to return to the strange and wonderful world of Twin Peaks," he told reporters, adding: "May the forest be with you."

Showtime president David Nevins later promised those in attendance at the TCAs that Twin Peaks will deliver "closure" on lingering plot points.

"From what I've seen, I think this going to live up to expectations - and then some," Nevins teased.

Nevins added that he was "kind of begging" Frost and Lynch to revisit Twin Peaks prior to greenlighting the new season.

#Showtime Networks' president David Nevins & @Kyle_MacLachlan enjoying some #damnfinecoffee #TwinPeaks #TCA15 pic.twitter.com/zxvjxIXcVf
    — Showtime (@SHO_Network) January 12, 2015

"It felt like only way you could do it is to have David committing to directing all of them and that's what I was begging for," the executive admitted.

"[Twin Peaks is] something they've been toying with. And for David, 25 years was the magic number. There's a reference in original, 'I'll see you in 25 years'."

MacLachlan is the first original cast member to be confirmed to return for the Showtime season, although Richard Beymer, Sheryl Lee, Mädchen Amick and Peggy Lipton have all hinted at involvement.

Dale Cooper and Audrey in Twin Peaks

Twin Peaks returns: Everything we know so far about season 3

Joan Chen has also indicated that she would like to revisit her devious Twin Peaks character Josie Packard, although she denied being directly contacted.

Frost will bridge the 25-year gap between the end of Twin Peaks and the third season with an upcoming novel called The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks.

The writer recently hinted that he would like to bring back several viewer-favorite Twin Peaks characters, and has also refused to rule out a potential fourth season.

Twin Peaks revival still moving forward, report suggests
Twin Peaks may not return after all, says David Lynch
Is David Duchovny returning to The X-Files and Twin Peaks?
Twin Peaks: Sheryl Lee, Dana Ashbrook, Sherilyn Fenn in line to return
246Shares
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: