Atlantis Online
August 11, 2022, 07:26:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Changing the World

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing the World  (Read 2104 times)
Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2007, 11:25:00 pm »

Catastrophe
Member # 894

Rate Member   posted 06-12-2005 12:38 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calvin

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and their many other lude and disgusting friends.

What I find lude and disgusting is the perversion thrust into this world by followers of Paul and his distortion of what were, passably, some quite good concepts. by Constantine who caused the decision to be made between a rabble of self-contradictory beliefs into an arbitrary 'faith'. by pompous fools who think they have some 'superior' knowledge. In brief, by you.

--------------------
We think ourselves unhappy when a comet appears, but the misfortune is the comet's
Bernard de Fontenelle
The Plurality of Worlds (Paris 1686)

Report Spam   Logged

"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu
Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2007, 11:25:58 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 06-12-2005 12:42 AM                       
Is that "lude" as in Quaalude?

Or perchance did you mean "lewd"?

--------------------
"Illigitimi non carborundum!"
All knowledge is to be used in the manner that will give help and assistance to others, and the desire is that the laws of the Creator be manifested in the physical world. E.Cayce 254-17

Report Spam   Logged

"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu
Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2007, 11:26:30 pm »

Seekerofknowledge

Member # 2439

Member Rated:
   posted 06-12-2005 04:49 PM                       
Hmm the quaalude could explain a lot of their beliefs  To much of the bible has been edited by man to be a reliable source of spiritual teaching.  It saddens me that a basically loving and kind spiritual path has been corrupted be greedy and small minded men.

--------------------
"the truth cannot be told, only found
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2007, 11:26:51 pm »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 06-12-2005 08:02 PM                       
I stand corrected, Rockessence, it is "lewd" not "lude".

Catastrophe, allow me to correct you, for it seems you mispelled the word as well:

quote:
What I find lude and disgusting is the perversion thrust into this world by followers of Paul and his distortion of what were, passably, some quite good concepts. by Constantine who caused the decision to be made between a rabble of self-contradictory beliefs into an arbitrary 'faith'. by pompous fools who think they have some 'superior' knowledge. In brief, by you.

In the first place, it is the atheist who is the fool.

In the second place, as has been often been pointed out to your good friend Absonite, Christ did not preach immoral behavior. Anyone who suggests he did do so, I would suggest to them to read their Bibles.

--------------------
"An atheist believes in nothing, and so he shall find nothing."

Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2007, 11:27:17 pm »

Melissa MacQuarrie

Member # 2337

Member Rated:
   posted 06-12-2005 08:51 PM                       
Christ also didn't go around looking down on people and telling them they were all going to go to hell either, from what I've heard. 
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2007, 11:27:40 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 06-12-2005 09:46 PM                       
wanna make a bet?

The man in Luke 16:24 cries: ". . .I am tormented in this FLAME."

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."

22 . . . the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. (Luke 16:22-28)

Not that I believe in hell mind you,

--------------------
“Ad initio, alea iacta est.”
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
it's Later Than You Think
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2007, 11:28:14 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 06-12-2005 09:47 PM                       
Some awfully bitter remarks, Calvin. Is something bothering you that you might care to talk about?

--------------------
"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000287;p=7
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2007, 11:30:07 pm »

shedthefear

Member # 2490

posted 06-13-2005 10:48 AM                       

quote:
 The Old Testament of the Bible is what decides what is immoral, Shed, you might try reading it sometime, as opposed to trying to discredit what you don't understand, like many others do here.

As for what are strong moral values, they are the ones that you will also find in the Old Testament, too. They are what this great country was built on before it was taken over by immoral liberal hedonists like Aristotle, Dawn, Veronica, Pagan, and their many other lude and disgusting friends.

Calvin – you assume too much, who is to say I have not read the bible? The reasons I ask you the questions I do is due to your lack of biblical evidence. You are very quick to pass judgment and just incase you missed these passages while reading the bible, here they are again....

1 Samuel 16:7
"Stop judging others, and you will not be judged. For others will treat you as you treat them. Whatever measure you use in judging others, it will be used to measure how you are judged. And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying, `Friend, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log from your own eye, then perhaps you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye."

James 5:9
Don't speak evil against each other, my dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize each other and condemn each other, then you are criticizing and condemning God's law. But you are not a judge who can decide whether the law is right or wrong. Your job is to obey it. God alone, who made the law, can rightly judge among us. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to condemn your neighbor?

2 Corinthians 5:16
Don't grumble about each other, my brothers and sisters, or God will judge you. For look! The great Judge is coming. He is standing at the door!

James 4:11-12
Whenever you speak, or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law of love, the law that set you free. For there will be no mercy for you if you have not been merciful to others. But if you have been merciful, then God's mercy toward you will win out over his judgment against you.

quote:
 I don't deem to be Jesus, I am a man with many flaws, chief among them, I care too much…

You claim to care too much, and yet belittle the people you preach too. Is it not true you can attract more flies with honey than vinegar? Perhaps you should do yourself a favor and think before you speak (type). As I said in a different topic the early Christians used Pagan rituals to convert the “heathens”. You should take a lesson from history and preach kindness, forgiveness, and understanding.

--------------------
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-STF-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: