Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:05:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Aurora UFO crash remains a Texas alien mystery

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurora UFO crash remains a Texas alien mystery  (Read 349 times)
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« on: February 28, 2015, 12:48:09 am »

The single line seems about as interested as Aurora is in becoming famous from the supposed crash.

On the 110th anniversary of the crash, former Houston Chronicle writer Eyder Peralta (now with NPR) visited Aurora, 30 miles north of Fort Worth and found the townsfolk mostly apathetic about the alien visitor then, or the scores of new human visitors who have come to visit the infamous crash site.

The visitors had been fun at first, but when they began trampling the cemetery and stealing headstones and other artifacts from the city museum, the town's notoriety became a nuisance.

In the 1970s, a group from the International UFO Bureau showed up to exhume the body – media in tow – but were turned away by angry residents.

"There was quite a mess," one resident, Karen Tedrow, told Peralta. "The residents had guns and everything, because they didn't want them to do it. And I understand, because my parents are buried there, and I don't want them digging around. Earthly body or not, they ought to let it rest in peace."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: