Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 11:36:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Michigan Girl Who Pet Bigfoot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Michigan Girl Who Pet Bigfoot  (Read 104 times)
Paradox
Superhero Member

« on: February 09, 2015, 03:41:25 am »

The Michigan Girl Who Pet Bigfoot
By Cryptozoology News June 3rd, 2014

In the winter of 1981 a remarkable incident occurred in the farmland of Michigan’s Thumb.

33-year-old Cindy Barone and her family claimed that a creature had been following them since September, after destroying their neighbor’s barn door. “I’ve had fences torn down and grain barrels dumped over and eaten,” she told Detroit News.

But the event that made things worse took place by the end of November.

When Barone’s daughters went to the barn to do some work that night, they had a close encounter with the unknown creature.

Tina, 13, and Roxanne, 12, said that something with “fur” was in the barn.

“Roxanne was scared to go into the barn because she’d heard noises before,” Tina told Detroit News. “I said I would go in first, so I reached in for the light,” she explained. “I don’t know what it is but I do know it is something.”

“I felt fur. At first I thought it was a goat or something, so I took my glove off and I touched it again. It let me touch him when I took my glove off. The horses were running around, they were spooked. But it was just curious, whatever it is.”

Reportedly, Tina told her younger sister to run back to the house. Then, the girl said, she also started walking slowly away from the barn, until the creature started following her and she took off running, although she admitted it didn’t try to harm her.

The rolling farmland of the Thumb
    The rolling farmland of the Thumb

She described the mysterious intruder as being “tall with red eyes” and “big and black and furry”, standing on two legs and emitting a “deep growl”.

“It scared me so bad I just had to run. I just can’t put what it looked like into any kind of form,” Tina said.

An older family member, David Barone, tried to spook the animal by brandishing a 16-gauge shotgun. But the beast didn’t move.

“It didn’t know what to do and I didn’t either,” said Barone. “It was about 6 feet; 6 or 7 feet 6. I didn’t shoot to kill, I just shot in the air to scare it away. It ran into the woods, making a funny noise.  It was standing on two feet and had real long arms-between a bear and an ape, that’s what I think. I’ve never seen a Bigfoot, so I have no idea if it was one of those.”

A police report was filed, but according to the family, the local sheriff didn’t take the story seriously and a proper investigation was not conducted. A department spokeswoman suggested that what they saw was probably a raccoon.

http://cryptozoologynews.com/michigan-girl-pet-bigfoot/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Paradox
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:41:47 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: