Atlantis Online
June 25, 2019, 07:12:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Narrowing-down where Atlantis is/not

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Narrowing-down where Atlantis is/not  (Read 1041 times)
senator Bam

« on: February 09, 2015, 04:58:50 am »

Not really certain you can ever convince anyone here where Atlantis was. Why? Mostly because everyone seems to have their own set ideas what Atlantis was and where it existed. If it does not exactly fit their pre-configured criteria, you are out of luck! Some set it in the Bronze  Age, some in the Neolithic Period. Some believe they made war with flints and arrows (Plato as Prehistorian) while others believe they had crystals and death rays. Never mind all the people who believe the Indian writings pertain to Atlantis or that it was in the Mediterranean. So, I wish you luck in trying to appease all those many viewpoints. Many have tried while few have succeeded. At least we are still not talking about Thera, in my view that is the worst theory.

It does seem that some people seem to have their own pet ideas/sites (&/or we all want to be the one to find the city ourselves), which seem to be a barrier to people seeing/considering. (It is similar with the 9 battle sites of "(King) Arthur".) Though people have also implied/thought that i have (though i have tried to openly/objectively consider all possible locations around the world, etc (from my first study in '99 to the present)). There must be some positive thing/s though that counter it like say the excitement and/or evidence of the real & amazing site being found.
Even if the thesis/discovery is right, any credit goes to Jim Allen and David Fasold for the Atlantis in Peru/at Tiahuanaco part, and to Posnansky and Sitchin and Alford for the Tiahuanaco/Peru  part.
The "flint and arrows" may be a not entirely/necessarily true criticism of whoever's place/time theory though if i recall correctly. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: