Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:09:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Bizarre ‘alien’ sea creature caught off Singapore By Chris Perez

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bizarre ‘alien’ sea creature caught off Singapore By Chris Perez  (Read 189 times)
Marissa

« on: January 24, 2015, 10:47:13 pm »

Bizarre ‘alien’ sea creature caught off Singapore

By Chris Perez

October 14, 2014 | 9:45am

A fisherman in Singapore reeled in a mystery creature straight out of a science fiction movie.

When Ong Han Boon spotted his line going up and down at his favorite fishing spot on the island of Sentosa, the 54-year-old had a feeling he was about to snag himself something special for lunch, Central European News reports.

But when the sea dweller broke the surface, the fisherman was confused by the strange animal.

“When I pulled it out of the water, I was completely flummoxed by what I was looking at,” he told a local radio station. “I’ve had quite a few odd things come out of the ocean, but I have never seen anything like this before in my life. It had all these arms waving around.”

Twisting and curling its alien-like body, the creature looks like some sort of mutant starfish. Boon captured its bizarre and freakish movements in remarkable video, which he posted online in hopes that someone could identify the animal.

“I’ve asked all my friends and none of them know and all my Internet searches have not turned up anything that looks like this,” he said.

Even though our oceans cover a whopping 71 percent of the Earth’s surface, more than 95 percent of the underwater universe has yet to be explored, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

“So, if no one can’t identify it, then I guess I’m right,” Boon said. “It’s either an alien or I’ve discovered a new species of mutant sea creature, which would not surprise me with all the pollution they put in the water nowadays.”

http://nypost.com/2014/10/14/bizarre-alien-sea-creature-caught-off-singapore/?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Marissa

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 10:48:03 pm »

Bizarre ‘alien’ sea creature caught off Singapore
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: