Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:47:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis Tiahuanaco

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis Tiahuanaco  (Read 6316 times)
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 12:03:05 am »

This topic has only been read 50 times so i am wasting my time anyway.

Only 50 times..?  I have 64 times. Anyway, who cares how many times its been read, the truth is the truth. right?

Looks like i will just have to post alot of the date chapter from my paper here. He doesn't say 9600 bc. He says "9000 years".

No, he doesn't: the 9600 is arrive at Plato writing the tale at about 360 BC. Well, Solon visited Egypt at about 600 BC, they reference the Atlantis tale at about 9000 years before then (the biggest number known to the Greeks at that time), and that is how we get the 9600 BC date arrived at. They could have just as easily said it happened a long time ago, but it it is what it is, and, if you want to take Plato literally, that is the date you have to set it in.
There is also dispute exactly were the pillars were.

I have heard that argument before. I am pretty sure that the Pillars of Hercules were pretty well established as the Straits of Gibraltar by that time, and even if they were still up for debate, well, we have that whole geographic description of the Med and its relationship to the ocean:
and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together, and was the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounded the true ocean; for this sea which is within the Straits of Heracles is only a harbour, having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea, and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent.

That sure sounds like the Atlantic to me.

There is nothing in the Atlantic except Americas (or Armorica plate). There is only one place in Americas that fits the city and plain and mountains etc.

There is nothing in the Atlantic that we have confirmed. I've seen reports of sunken ruins in the Atlantic for years. It is expensive to do underwater archaeology in the ocean, though, so no one ever investigates. Maybe Atlantis is out there, just waiting to be found.

He says in your translation "disappered into the depths of the sea" not "sank/sunk". As i have alrady said there are a number of possibilities all of which people have to consider. Literal sinking/sank; submergence/rising sea levels; continental shift; crust displacment; vlocanic eruption/explosion; tidal bulge; figurative; etc. We have shown that the "sinking" can/"must" fit either shift or displacement.
There is no large sunken landmasses in the Atlantic (or other oceans). (The only ones there are are too small or nothing there or etc.)

He does say:

But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.

Your Atlantis is still above the sea and not vanished from the earth, right..? That is why you may have found the flat plain, other features, but the capital city has to be elsewhere, if you take Plato literally.

How can you say the distance (now/post-shift not necessarily then/pre-shift) is too hard to believe yet you don't think a small island ruling an empire is hard to believe?

If you had better boats than the reed boats, I might be more apt to believe you. Reed boats cannot control an empire that spans the ocean. The reason Great Britain had such an extensive empire is because they had such a powerful navy. I don't buy into the high tech Atlantis empire like Edgar Cayce talks of, there is no evidence of that. But they must have had something better than everyone else or they wouldn't have been an empire at all.

Like I said, yours/Jim Allen's/Morrison's theory has some definite possibilities. You have the ancient civilization, the high population centers and maybe the flat plain. I would like to know more about the picture found at Cuzco, was it..? On the other hand, your capital city did not vanish in the same manner that Plato writes about, the time period is off, and I don't see any evidence of the great calamity happening in the time you set your Atlantis in.

By the way, I always figured that Atlantis and the two armies were destroyed in the same calamity, that seems to be the way Plato describes it.

Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: