Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 12:25:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis Tiahuanaco

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis Tiahuanaco  (Read 6317 times)
Desiree
Superhero Member

« on: January 17, 2015, 03:24:50 am »

I am not fudging the date. It is not off, it is just that it is 900 not 9000 years. Plato's 900(0) years Atlantis = Herodotus' 900 years Moeris. Each detail is in/of itself each has to be dis/proven, not just assuming things "may" similarly not be literal. Do you say Hyperborea's other details could be fudged because Hyperboreans living a 1000 years is really only 100 years? Egyptians are well known for exagerating dates 900(0) years, 100(0) years, (1)1340/1130 years. We assume all details as they are, we only "fudge" ones if there is good evidence/proof.

I have my own reasons for maybe fudging the date. First off, there had to be an established system of measuring time at the time this all occurred and I don't  see any evidence of that. Having said that, you are fudging the date because all the translations measure the date as 9600 BC. That is the truth, no matter what the rationale.

The translations also say Atlantis lay before or in front of the Pillars of Hercules. Taken literally, that would put it in the East Atlantic. I don't take Plato perfectly literally on that (though people like Georgeos Diax Montexano and Jacques Collina Gerard do), for the simple reason that nobody involved with the story had ever been there.

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles;

The orichalc find is not the first tangible proof of the account. We have mentioned/shown others. Their find is only 600s bc.

But you don't have the capital city surrounded by alternating rings of water and land and that is what will identify Atlantis!

Continents can't sink downwards but they can "sink"/shift sideways. (& he didn't necessarily say sink but swallowed-up.) "Probably" doesn't cut it (though i also use similar words (though have reasons)).

He actually does say it sunk into the sea and is very specific about that:

But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.

Tony said how can tiny Athens defeat a continent, while you say a small island can control an empire?

That's an easy one..! Look at Great Britain. That small island managed to have  an empire that controlled the world at one point. I imagine something similar occurred with Atlantis. Remember, the Spartans beat the Persians just because they had bronze weapons and the Persians had wicker.  Smiley

There is no match for the city & plain etc anywhere else in Americas or Atlantic (though there are lesser connections). Atlantis can only be in Americas (incl/excld Antarctica) or Armorica plate, and only one place there matches.

For me, the geographic positions of the plain and the mountain have to be treated with a grain of salt because, again, no one had ever been there. If the story is to be believed at all, well, it happened nine thousand years ago! It would be like somebody alive today trying to describe the Colossus of Rhodes.

There is nothing much in Bahamas from the satellite pics etc. There is just a few things like that Bimini wall, and Cuba city find.

I can't tell you how many researchers have come here saying that the Caribbean has some sort of sunken city in it, and there is a circular anomaly off the shores of Cuba, per Greg Little and Andrew Collins. Of course, we'll know more if the Communists ever get out of power there! That is one of the places I think the sunken capital city might be.

They didn't the Panama canal, but Steven Compton in 'Exodus Lost' shows they had [Tehuapanec?] canal. Some also suggest a canal in the area of that river northwest Andes/Colombia? And there is the Amazon across the continent. But if there was a shift then the 2 Americas may not have been connected before shift, and would have been closer to Africa. "Seas were highways not barriers".

I'll have to look into more of the idea of the canal, but I don't remember Jim Allen having much of an answer for that either when he was here, and I also don't remember that much in his writings either. That is a big stumbling block why I think the city has to be someplace else, the distance.

It is said that the statue of man on horse that was once in Azores used to point (?sout-)westwards and was named or connected with the word/name Cates/cati which means "this way" in Quechuan (Incan/Peruvian).

But the statue no longer exists, so we don't even know what it looked like. You know when the Azores were first discovered, there were also said to be the remains of several stone buildings on Corso. The people of the Azores even believe they were once a part of Atlantis. And, if you take into account that the area has a history of pretty brutal earthquakes like Plato talks about, they have just as good of a case as some others and are much closer to the Med than either the Bahamas or South America.

Anyway, the statue was said to have been lost en route back to Portugal. Some even say it was made by Chinese explorers.
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: