Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:03:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

''Platos Atlantis & Saint Johns Revelation are the Same Story''

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ''Platos Atlantis & Saint Johns Revelation are the Same Story''  (Read 11948 times)
pLANeT@LANTis

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2014, 02:33:29 am »

QUOTE from Arcturus:

"Also, remember that neither Plato or Solon were historians, Solon was a lawmaker, Plato, a philosopher, which was similar in those days."
 [/quote]

Again you confirm a point I'm trying to make! If Plato or Solon were not historians and yet were claiming to write about 'historical fact' like Atlantis, why do we take them so seriously and devote entire websites like this one to them?

-dp-
Report Spam   Logged
pLANeT@LANTis

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 05:32:20 am »

Anyways I lost a big post early this morning  Huh 
Put my phone down for a few minutes, came back and everything was gone!!! Nowhere to be found.
This has happened before and it is so discouraging!

Unless I'm missing something I haven't found a Save or Draft thingy anywhere? Someone please enlightenment me what to do, if one wants to takes a break in the middle of composing?

So after sleeping all day [a Xmas present to myself] I'm well rested, but still struggling to remember what I was writing under the covers in those wee hours of Christmas morning.

Well here I go with a new revised version for my next post, and probably not as lengthy.    Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 10:21:54 pm by pLANeT@LANTis » Report Spam   Logged
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2014, 12:41:30 am »

Maybe save it on Word and then copy and paste it..? Yes, that is awfully frustrating, I had that happen to me many times when I first started posing on forums.

Well, not everyone does take Plato seriously, the classical majors are all convinced that Atlantis was a metaphor. I say differently..!

A late Happy Holidays to you, too!
Report Spam   Logged
pLANeT@LANTis

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2014, 01:01:59 am »

Well on Christmas morning I wanted to get back to my original thoughts on why I started this thread. It all started when I backpacked thru Greece for the first time as a student. On my second trip backpacking thru Greece after graduating from art school I arrived at the southeastern island called Rhodos coming from Cyprus where I had been studying the ancient marble sculptures of Aphrodite. I proceeded to go through the group of islands called the Dodecanese that follows the Turkish coast and in Greek means '12 Islands'. From Rhodos I went to the island of Symi just north of Rhodos, as this was the roots of  my family homeland and I found myself inspired to walk from the southern tip of Symi to the northern port. This took me the entire day and one very hot afternoon with my backpack. From here I proceeded to the islands of Kos and Kalymnos and eventually ended up on Patmos which was the final leg of the string of jewels called the Dodecanese.
       It was here that I started reading Revelation for the first time, where it had been written by St. John in a cave at the beginning of the first millennium. Of course as anyone who has visited the Greek islands in the summertime will tell you this is not the time for intellectual pursuits. Summers in Greece are all about fun in the Sun by day and wine, women and song by night. Anyways I did manage to start reading Revelation as I was sunbathing  on the hot rocks in the hot afternoons, from my St. James Version Bible that had been given to me by my old Sunday school teacher as a Christmas present.
       After Patmos I moved on to the central Aegean Sea to a group of islands called the Cyclades which means 'Circle Islands'. But it wasn't until years later that I found a new copy of Plato by Jowett left at a youth hostel in Athens [on Victor Hugo St.] and then spent many afternoons reading Plato in the heavenly pine forest mountain called Mount Lycabettos which overlooks the Acropolis to the south. It was around this time when I was reading Platos' version of Atlantis that I started putting two and two together and started comparing the writings of St John and Plato. What I noticed was that these two writers were heavily into geometry. Plato was talking about circles [Cyclades?] and Ten Kingdoms. St. John was talking about the mystical number 7 and towards the end of Revelation he brought in the number 12 [Dodecanese?] which was the square base of his New Jerusalem plan, what he called the Celestial City which had three gates on each side meaning there were a total of 12 gates. In other words Twelve Kingdoms.
    But Plato was also obsessed with the Rectangular Plain of the approximate dimensions of 360 by 240 miles, and then St John on the second last page of Revelation mentions the dimensions of the New Jerusalem Square Base as approximately 1500 by 1500 miles. What intrigued me about these vast dimensions was how did Plato and particularly St. John even conceive of such a huge scale of measurement, or even measure something that could only be visible from outer space. Something told me that they were given inside information and were using these key measurements as "Units of Measure" that had been passed on to them relating to a lost Global Grid which they didn't really understand but these measurements were so Profound that they incorporated them into the writings and their storytelling.

©-dp-1978
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 03:46:42 am by pLANeT@LANTis » Report Spam   Logged
pLANeT@LANTis

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2014, 02:19:07 am »

QUOTE from Arcturus:

"Maybe save it on Word and then copy and paste it..? Yes, that is awfully frustrating, I had that happen to me many times when I first started posting on forums."

Thanks for the info, but is Word available on cell phones and where would I find it?
    You said when you first started posting, so what are doing now to remedy that problem?
Report Spam   Logged
pLANeT@LANTis

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2014, 09:29:43 pm »

It was this idea of 'Units of Measure' that really got me interested and triggered a new direction in my research. I couldn't help asking myself; What if these vast dimensions that Plato and Saint John described were actually the basic 'Units of Measure' for some kind of lost physics for the earth that had manifested itself as this grand design of a Geometric Global Grid, that in itself is still partially visible?
    In whatever way Plato and St. John had acquired this knowledge doesn't really matter. Whether it was from the priests of Egypt or from the Library of Alexandria or from an Angel in the back of a cave on the island of Patmos, we know that there were many sources for such information,  such as the Ancient Mystery Schools of Greece, the Oracle of Delphi and from the likes of great mechanical and mathematical minds like Archimedes, Pythagoras and Euclid etc.

An important question to ask is why was Plato and St John so emphatic in giving us the details of such dimensions, which from their earthly perspective would have been incomprehensible to them and impossible to visualize? 

©-dp-1978

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:45:44 pm by pLANeT@LANTis » Report Spam   Logged
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2014, 10:40:46 pm »

Maybe they got the units of measurement wrong..? I heard, somewhere amidst all the arguments against Atlantis' measurements that the Greek stade is quite a bit longer than the Egyptian one.
Report Spam   Logged
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2014, 10:44:34 pm »

Thanks for the info, but is Word available on cell phones and where would I find it?
    You said when you first started posting, so what are doing now to remedy that problem?

I would never try to type a long post on a cell phone, too unreliable. Personally, if I was typing one on the computer though, I would select all and copy before I hit post. That way you can just paste it if it screws up the first time.
Report Spam   Logged
pLANeT@LANTis

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2014, 11:08:01 pm »

Here are some old notes of mine I just found, I'm not sure how I arrived at these numbers, but I believe them to be quite accurate according to the data that was available to me at that time; B.C. [Before Computers].
    If this is usefull information for anyone here [or if one of the moderators can], please feel free to post this to the appropriate section(s) of this Forum.

Platos' Unit of Measure for the Rectangular Plain, according to my calculations from 4 different methods   
                of  conversion:
                                                                                   *  345 x 230 miles
                                                                                   *  360 x 240 miles
                                                                                   *  375 x 250 miles
                                                                                   *  387 x 258 miles

Therefore a Average for Platos' Plain = 366.75 x 244.5 miles

This is what I've been trying to do; is to determine the average mean of these measurements such as Platos' Plain
         and  the New Jerusalem Plan and their Relationship to each other! This is an ongoing process and all feedback is
         encouraged.       ©-dp-1978
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 09:19:08 pm by pLANeT@LANTis » Report Spam   Logged
pLANeT@LANTis

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2014, 11:51:30 pm »

QUOTE from Arcturus:

"I would never try to type a long post on a cell phone, too unreliable."
[/quote]

Ho! ho! ho! you are so right about that.
    What I love tho is the Tap n Talk feature, where we don't have to type anymore. One can just ramble into their phone in bed and pages are typed out immediately. You just have to go back and edit, put in the dots, commas and caps!
Report Spam   Logged
pLANeT@LANTis

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2014, 03:05:27 am »

I want to get back to my first posts where I talked about the Aegean Sea and the 165 miles distance separating these two writers, writing on opposite sides of the Aegean Sea approximately at the same latitude and about 400 years apart. Now  I want to make the case and this may take some time, why I believe this is very crucial data in connecting these two stories, Platos' Atlantis and St. Johns' Revelation.
    We know a fair amount about Platos' background and history, but we know very little about Saint John except that he was exiled to the island of Patmos and lived in a cave and presumably wrote Revelation when he was in his nineties. One could assume he was a scholarly man and was well read and most likely had visited Athens and seen the Parthenon in its less glorious years. One might also assume that upon being exiled and to live in a cave, he may have had the opportunity to acquire some good reading material and plenty of suma or raki. I mean what else would one do if exiled and restricted to the living conditions of a cave. I suspect one would be preoccupied with reading, drinking and writing and in no particular order.

Suma or raki, are Greek and Turkish versions of the same thing, essentially an elixir of the Gods made from grapes, better known as high octane wine and up to 80% or more alcohol content. In other words good stuff and very pure. This drink may not be considered hallucinatory but can elevate one into the realm of divine thoughts and heavenly visitations. Anyways these have been some of my memorable experiences when indulging during the best of times.

Now you may see where I'm going with this, and it is pure speculation on my part, but may I suggest that Saint John may have read or was reading Platos' Atlantis story and was drinking heavily at the same time he was writing Revelation. This may sound like a crazy bit of conjecture on my part; but I believe this type of creative scenario to produce such a bizarre work of art was necessary as the inspiration for the writing of Revelation and this may not be so far from the truth.

©-dp-1978
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 04:56:44 am by pLANeT@LANTis » Report Spam   Logged
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 01:38:07 am »

Well, the problem with that is that the Greeks were all pagans and St. John was obviously a Christian. For what reason would he want to pass on a pagan myth or history? Greek ideas of the world were in stark contrast to Christianity, one of the reasons they tried to destroy the Library of Alexandria.
Report Spam   Logged
pLANeT@LANTis

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2014, 10:51:30 pm »

www.wcmu.org

Seems like tonight is Woodstock Night.

In tribute to Joe Cocker who just passed away.
    Some great interviews from people that were there 45+ years ago.

Live Now!   Enjoy Peace and Love

Report Spam   Logged
pLANeT@LANTis

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2014, 11:23:41 pm »

Well, the problem with that is that the Greeks were all pagans and St. John was obviously a Christian. For what reason would he want to pass on a pagan myth or history? Greek ideas of the world were in stark contrast to Christianity, one of the reasons they tried to destroy the Library of Alexandria.

Woah!!!!!!!  I'm lost! You are bringing up a lot of issues here. I don't know where to start?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 03:23:22 am by pLANeT@LANTis » Report Spam   Logged
pLANeT@LANTis

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2014, 11:36:33 pm »

Shocked    First of all are you saying your so called "Pagan Greeks" who had just developed a great culture, civilization and democracy tried to destroy the Library of Alexandria HuhHuh?      Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: