Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:11:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS ONLINE NEWS: SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE # 337

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS ONLINE NEWS: SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE # 337  (Read 35 times)
Victoria Liss
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: November 26, 2014, 12:40:30 am »

SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS ONLINE NEWS:

SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE   # 337

November 25, 2014

The Official "Dark Shadows" Published Newsletters

The Official Dark Shadows Online News Updates

Marcy Robin's Cyberspace "Dark Shadows" News Updates

An Official Internet Publication of SHADOWGRAM

Each of these SG News Updates is initially posted through the ShadowGram Yahoo Group.  Joining the Group is free.

To receive a Yahoo Group invitation, or to learn more about the ShadowGram Official Dark Shadows Published Newsletters by postal mail subscription, or if you have any questions, please directly contact Marcy Robin at the following email address: ShadowGram@aol.com

You also can join the SG Group directly at: http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/

Update Number 337

November 25, 2014

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following key breaking news in this Official DS News Online Update "bulletin."

**** KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT: “AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.” & HER NEW NOVEL

**** BIG FINISH PRODUCTIONS – “BLOODLUST” NEW DS AUDIO DRAMA SERIES

------------

KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT TELLS SG ABOUT

“S.H.I.E.L.D” EPISODE & HER “BEVERLY HEELS” SEQUEL

SG Update # 336 (11-23) announced Kathryn (Maggie, Josette, Kitty, Rachel) is in an upcoming episode of TV’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” She now adds the following.

“I filmed several scenes in a new episode of ‘Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ The show is so secretive that I was never given a script, only my dialogue! I am going to respect their desire to keep the story a surprise. Besides, I can't provide a synopsis because I have no idea what the story is. My episode will air mid-season and I will supply more information as I get it.

“I'd also like to announce my sequel to ‘Down and Out in Beverly Heels,’ (titled) ‘Jinxed.’ It is available on Amazon for preorder and will be published 2-7-15.”

Kathryn here shares the “Jinxed” synopsis with SG:

“JINXED – A Jinx Fogarty Mystery

Back on the comeback trail, actress Meg Barnes, beloved for her role as amateur sleuth Jinx Fogarty in a renowned detective show, assumes she’ll star as Jinx in the revamped TV series, only to discover that a young ingénue has been cast instead. Meg swallows her pride for a paycheck to coach Chelsea Horne—until temperamental Chelsea goes missing before filming begins. Meg ignores the warnings from Jack, her FBI-agent boyfriend, not to do her “Jinx thing.” But when a threatening secret exposes a dark chapter in Meg’s past, it’s clear her life—and more—is in jeopardy.”

**** NEW AUDIO DRAMA SERIES WITH LARGE ENSEMBLE CAST DUE IN JANUARY, 2015

At the August 2006 Brooklyn, NY, DS Festival, Big Finish Productions (BFP) of England launched its first of its 40+ DS audio dramas. These new stories are based on the original show and star many original DS cast members re-creating their TV characters or portraying new ones. They are joined by talented actors from England and America, with music and sound effects. Each professionally-recorded drama presents its own original story set within the established DS time periods as well as in the decades between.

“Bloodlust” is a major new audio drama in 13 episodes, to be available as a series of downloads and then on CD in boxed sets, starting in January.

SG greatly thanks Joe Lidster and David Darlington of BFP for sharing the Official Press Release and the Cast List.

BLOODLUST – A Multi-Chapter Original Dark Shadows Audio Drama

“Some describe it as the town at the edge of the world.

“When Melody and Michael Devereux come to Collinsport on their honeymoon, they don't know the secrets that are hidden behind closed doors. But those secrets will be unearthed when an innocent is viciously murdered.

“Collinsport will be a town divided. One woman's rise to power will lead to further death and destruction. Families will be ripped apart. Blood will be spilt.

“And the dark forces that wait in the shadows will wait no more. For in Collinsport, death is never the end…,”

Jerry Lacy, Lara Parker, Kathryn Leigh Scott, David Selby and Marie Wallace star in the new audio series from Big Finish Productions. A 13-episode serial, Bloodlust sees the town of Collinsport ripped apart by a brutal murder. The series will be launched in January 2015 both as a series of downloads and in two CD boxsets.

“Big Finish has been producing Dark Shadows audios since 2006,” says writer and series co-producer Joseph Lidster. “Over the years, we've brought back most of the original cast and told stories featuring so many of those fantastic characters Dan Curtis created but we knew, with Bloodlust, we wanted to go even bigger.”

“For me, the appeal of Dark Shadows is the soap opera format,” continues co-producer David Darlington. “It's hard to re-create that in a series of audio dramas but, over the last couple of years, we've experimented with ongoing storylines and character arcs. And now, with Bloodlust, we're really going for it.”

“We want the listener to be able to close their eyes and see Collinsport,” says Lidster. “These are absolutely 13 episodes of Dark Shadows and, although the murder mystery has a beginning, middle and end, there's so much more going on. Relationships develop across the series and there are a few surprises along the way.”

Fans of the audio dramas will know that 2010's Kingdom of the Dead ended on a cliffhanger. Bloodlust will continue on from that but will also act as a perfect jumping-on point for new listeners. As well as original series actors, the series also features Alec Newman (the 2004 Dark Shadows pilot) and Matthew Waterhouse (Doctor Who).

“We're really very proud of Bloodlust,” continues Lidster. “We're huge fans of the original television series and it's a genuine honour to be continuing the legacy of Dan Curtis.”

BLOODLUST CAST LIST:

Julius Bishop - Ross McNamara
Angelique Bouchard - Lara Parker
Barnabas Collins - Andrew Collins
David Collins - Alec Newman (“Barnabas” - 2004 WB DS pilot)
Quentin Collins - David Selby
Amy Cunningham - Stephanie Ellyne
Andrew Cunningham - Matthew Waterhouse
Harry Cunningham - Scott Haran
Melody Devereux - Daisy Tormé
Michael Devereux - Jeff Harding
Maggie Evans - Kathryn Leigh Scott
Benjamin Franklin - Roger Carvalho
Ed Griffin - Jamison Selby
Jessica Griffin - Marie Wallace
Eric Hanley - Daniel Collard
Cody Hill - Walles Hamonde
Edgar McBride - Wallace McBride
Kate Ripperton - Asta Parry
Jacqueline Tate - Alexandra Donnachie
Rhonda Tate - Lachele Carl
Isaiah Trask  - Jerry Lacy

The “Bloodlust” audio drama series now is available to pre-order at http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/v/dark-shadows---bloodlust.

You can hear the various townsfolk – including Quentin, Maggie and Angelique –introducing themselves, for free, at https://soundcloud.com/darkshadowsbfp/sets/dark-shadows-bloodlust.

For further information, visit the Big Finish website or follow us on Twitter @darkshadowsbfp.

---- PLEASE NOTE: Pre-orders are for downloads only, or for a Bundle of all 13 episodes in two CD boxed sets, which will be sent after the finish of the series.

The boxed sets also will be available separately via the BFP website. They cannot be pre-ordered at this time. Orders for boxed sets placed via the BFP website will be shipped from BFP’s location in England. This will require additional postage and longer shipping time.

The ShadowGram Official DS News Online Updates will announce when the actual boxed sets are available for purchase. Exact mail-order prices are being finalized. SG will announce those details as they are confirmed.

The DS Festival/Official DS Fan Club will be the only American-based source for the “Bloodlust” audio drama series boxed sets, as of their release in early 2015.

To be notified when the boxed sets are available for purchase, please email pansyfaye@darkshadowsfestival.com  Please include your full name and postal-mail address.

---- Also: previous DS Big Finish audio drama CDs are currently for sale directly from the DS Festival/Official Fan Club. These include some that are autographed by the DS stars.  For more information, please go to www.darkshadowsfestival.com

After the “Bloodlust” boxed sets are released, they also will be available via the BFP website. Those orders will be shipped from BFP’s location in England. This will require additional postage and longer shipping / delivery time.

**** SHADOWGRAM NOTES

These breaking-news Official DS Online News Update "bulletins" are officially posted through the ShadowGram Yahoo Group. These brief email Updates are * NOT * the actual Official DS Newsletter. The full published SG print issues provide and report in depth, with details, photos, quotes, publicity and media materials, and more.

To receive each SG Online Update directly to you as an email, please join the free SG Yahoo Group. You do not need to be a SG postal-mail subscriber to join the Group.

To become a member of the ShadowGram YahooGroup, go to http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/

To receive an invitation – which makes it even easier to join the Group – please directly email Marcy Robin at ShadowGram@aol.com

You can read past SG Online Updates once you're a member of the Group by clicking on the "Messages" tab.

If you'd like more information on how to become a SG Yahoo Group member, or if you have any questions, please e-mail Marcy Robin at ShadowGram@aol.com

This Update is posted to the ShadowGram Yahoo Group and is dispersed by interested people to various lists, boards, websites, groups, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LiveJournal, Tumblr, in personal emails and other online / print communications.

PLEASE include ShadowGram's complete e- and postal- mail addresses and subscription information in all of your online sharing.

Each published SG newsletter features confirmed news and information direct from the DS cast / crew about their projects and activities, Dan Curtis Productions, the DS Festival, MPI, Big Finish Productions, Hermes Press, and others involved in DS today. There are photos, announcements, reports, publicity materials, media coverage, and updates for DS guest/fan gatherings, plus all the definite DS news and plans.

To subscribe / renew to the complete ShadowGram Official Dark Shadows Newsletters:

--- US & Canadian First Class subscriptions:

$12.00 for 4 issues, $24.00 for 8 issues.

---Overseas Air Mail subscriptions:

US $20.00 for 4 issues, US $40.00 for 8 issues.

Please send subscription/renewal payment by check or money order, made payable to:

Marcy Robin

P.O. Box 1766

Temple City, CA 91780-7766

Email: ShadowGram@aol.com

Subscription/renewal payments also can be made via PayPal to:  ShadowGram@aol.com

After your subscription/renewal arrives, I will send you the current Double SG #122-#123 and future SG issues as they are published.

---- Fans attending personal appearances by the DS actors always are encouraged and welcome to please share with SG their reports, photos, video footage, program books, local publicity, media articles, interviews, reviews, etc.  Each experience and perspective is unique and helps let SG readers who can’t attend “be there with you.”

SG also invites fans to please share any DS-related materials you find at any time. These can be on-air, in print, and online, international, nationwide, or local, including media publicity, references, articles, reviews, interviews, commentaries, etc.

Such items can be hard copies (photographs, newspapers, magazines, program books, flyers). You can email photos and articles at high resolution or send materials via postal-mail. Please always include your full name and the source name and date.

Please send all items to ShadowGram’s postal- and e- mail addresses above.

You will be named as a Contributor in the published SG newsletter. You also may receive a complementary Contributor's Copy for major donations of photos, information, funds, postage stamps, supplies, publicity, assistance, etc. Thank you in advance for your support and sharing.

All such information is important to ShadowGram, the Official DS Newsletter Publication. Subscribers of all ages are across the US and worldwide. I send complimentary copies of every issue directly to many of the DS cast and crew. They share their news with me for SG, and they enjoy learning about their DS colleagues in SG's pages.

The release of each SG published newsletter is announced in an SG Online Update via the SG Yahoo Group and other social media.

SHADOWGRAM (SG) is the * Official * "Dark Shadows" Newsletter. Much of its news is directly provided by the show's personnel and those involved in the 1966-71 TV series and the 1991 TV series. Established 35+ years ago in April, 1979, SG always works directly with the cast /crew and related individuals, companies, and others involved in DS' creation, distribution, promotion, merchandise, etc. SG print issues usually are published 2-3 times during a year.

See subscription information and contact addresses above.

For more newsletter information or if you have any questions, please email or send a SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope) to the postal-mail address:

Thank you.

Marcy Robin

ShadowGram Editor / Publisher

P.O. Box 1766

Temple City, CA 91780-7766

E-mail: ShadowGram@aol.com
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: