Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 12:48:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Is this a FAIRY in the woods? Dog-walker snapped picture

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a FAIRY in the woods? Dog-walker snapped picture  (Read 196 times)
Danielle Gorree
Superhero Member

« on: June 04, 2015, 02:23:17 am »

Is this a FAIRY in the woods? Dog-walker snapped picture - and was stunned to see winged figure following her pet

Sarah Hembry was strolling with her pet when she took the startling image
    Ms Hembry said she was stunned when she looked back at the picture
    But experts say the picture is actually the flash reflecting off a mayfly

By Amanda Williams for MailOnline

Published: 06:04 EST, 28 May 2015 | Updated: 11:17 EST, 28 May 2015

A woman has been left baffled after snapping what appears to be a fairy calmly following her dog as they walk through the woods.

Sarah Hembry was out on a stroll with her pet Stink - a 14-year-old Irish wolf hound mixed lurcher - when she took the image in Radstock, Somerset.

Ms Hembry said she was stunned when she looked back at the picture only for it to look like a magical sprite is floating behind the animal in the woodland.

Scroll down for video
A woman has been left baffled after snapping what appears to be a fairy calmly following her dog as they walk through the woods in Somerset

A woman has been left baffled after snapping what appears to be a fairy calmly following her dog as they walk through the woods in Somerset

She said she did not digitally alter the image, and added: 'I've never seen anything like this before.

'It's made a beautiful picture.'

Ms Hembry was walking her dog through the Waterside Valley when she captured the creature on camera.
RELATED ARTICLES

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3100664/Is-FAIRY-woods-Dog-walker-snapped-picture-stunned-winged-figure-following-pet.html#ixzz3bRjIxTdS

Gardening expert, Sam Ross, the author of website Get Seedy, said the photograph was likely a Mayfly in flight.

Mayflies have very short lives with some species living for less than five minutes, while others survive for just a couple of days.

There are about 2,500 species of Mayfly across the world, with the most species in North America.

Ms Hembry said: 'I was just puzzled as to what it could be in the picture when I saw it. It brought a smile to my face. I think it's very interesting.'

Ms Hembry was walking her dog through the Waterside Valley when she captured the creature on camera and said it is not digitally altered

Ms Hembry was walking her dog through the Waterside Valley when she captured the creature on camera and said it is not digitally altered

Magical: Another 'fairy spottter' Lisa Wildgoose captured this image which appears to show a tiny winged creature (bottom left) hovering close to a drooping bluebell

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3100664/Is-FAIRY-woods-Dog-walker-snapped-picture-stunned-winged-figure-following-pet.html#ixzz3c4kr3qgz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: