Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:55:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ancient Maps

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient Maps  (Read 13270 times)
Mark of Australia

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 02:39:00 am »

Here's a pic of that map finally : East coast of Australia

Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 07:35:06 pm »

Dear Morrison:
In Nicolo Zeno `s map what is this Island on west of the iceland??
http://www.civilization.ca/hist/frobisher/frsub03e.html
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007, 07:42:19 pm »

We can see in the Google Earth some island like thing north of the ireland and west of thefaroe islands..Was that an island in 1500 s??
Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2007, 12:40:34 am »

Julia,

The Zeno map is dated 1558, so I am guessing that the large island would still be Greenland (although it's contours are still quite off). 

Also in 1558 Nicolo Zeno produced an influential map of the North Atlantic, supposedly based on ocean voyages by members of the family in the 1380s, although we have no other evidence of such travels. It placed most features at too northerly a latitude, causing later cartographic confusion and leading Frobisher to think he had visited the island of "Friesland", when in fact it was Greenland.
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 04:33:32 pm »

Ni, the one that it says AISLAND or MISLAND or something.It is south of the ISLANDA
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 10:23:06 pm »

In case you didn't know, 'Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings' is where you can find that map and more like it . I never shut up about that book ...,but Forbidden Archaeology is just as good.  Tongue ok ok I'm going. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007, 02:53:19 pm »

DEAR   MARK,

Grin  As I was saying earlier The World-or-Atlantic-OCEAN that Plato spoke of was supposedly HORIZONTAL on a Map with NORTH-on-Top !

During the 17-th Century more Maps were drawn with WEST on Top so that the ATLANTIC looked HORIZONTAL TOO

When later in the 18-th Cent. Maps were with NORTH on top again everybody forgot about Plato's HORIZONTAL- OCEAN

My discovery is that this was the Present GULF-of-ADEN  ( See my POST at"Plato's Statistics"

See ? How simple Life can be Huh

Hé Mark,  what is keeping, your reply to my Post on: "Plato's Statistics"??

Sincerely Cry "BlueHueCry
Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
julia

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2007, 07:10:24 pm »

This was a simple question nobody wanted to answer..Mark, That island Is that fakeor is it a sunken island??
there is an island like sunken land there in the google earth..In the same place(where the todays Rockall is, There is aTwo part of sunken land looks exactly like Atlantis.. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2007, 01:34:53 am »

Well Julia,  .I have not really studied the northern regions.Do you have Hapgood's book Julia?? If not ,I strongly suggest you obtain a copy.That Zeno map is in Hapgood's book. So I expect the map to be authentic.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 01:38:11 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 01:48:59 am »

DEAR   MARK,

...During the 17-th Century more Maps were drawn with WEST on Top so that the ATLANTIC looked HORIZONTAL TOO...

Hi BlueHue ,

That is very interesting about the maps being drawn with 'WEST on top' during the 17th century. I think I understand you correctly.

What can you tell us about that ?? What is the reason for that practice?

Oh,and if you mentioned it earlier I must have not read it because it was probably in one of your really long posts that I didn't read. Grin

One point at a time is best I think ,it's hard to keep the attention of us fickle Atlantis researchers in a subject known for whacked-out,crazy ideas.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:03:14 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2007, 10:58:37 am »

Hi Blue Hue
I'm not sure I even understand yet, what point you're making.
You say:
1. Georgeos created a hoax to get funding for exploration off Portugal. 
2. You say Georgeos has been telling everyone the interpretations have been wrong.

If he created a hoax - that makes him dishonest - so why should we believe him about the interpretations then?

You've said this before, that the Atlantans were part of Egypt.  Plato says the Atlanteans were going to attack Egypt.  Why would they attack themselves?  Plato also says the Atlanteans had control of parts of Europe to Italy and Africa to Libya.  How did this "third" part of Egypt have more control and power, that the capitol of Egypt, that was closer to the Med?  Even if the maps were drawn horizontally, Plato knew in real life, that the sun set in the west.  So did Solon.  They knew their directions.  They didn't write their stories based on a drawing of a map.

What makes you think the earth tipple toppled when you say it did? 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2007, 03:02:59 pm »

MR. "BLUE HUE":

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SENDING LONG E-MAILS OF YOUR SO-CALLED THEORIES TO

INDIVIDUALS WHO WANT     N O T H I N G    TO DO WITH THEM.

IT IS NOT THE FIRST TIME YOU HAVE DONE SO, OR STOMPED INTO A

SECTION THAT HAD     N O T H I N G    TO DO WITH THEM WHILE I WAS

POSTING SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU WERE WRITING:

[ SEE :  PHILOSOPHY >  NEW AGE  >  THE ATLANTEANS ].

THESE ARE THE ACTIONS OF A     T R O L L   ! ! !    AND OF A CHILD THROWING

A TANTRUM..........

I HAVE BOUGHT ALMOST ALL THE BOOKS THAT HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDED BY OUR

MEMBERS.  BECAUSE  OF    Y O U R    D I S R U P T I V E    M E T H O D S , I WOULD

NOT READ THE BOOK YOU  SO VALUE -  somebody called volinovski, or something.....-,

IF SOMEBODY GAVE IT TO ME FOR FREE.  NOR DO I BOTHER READING YOUR CHAOTIC,

CONVOLUTED AND DISJOINTED POSTS.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 03:04:45 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
julia

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2007, 05:16:27 pm »

Dear Bianca;
I know Mr.Bluehue from Atlan.org forum.He is a gentleman and a sensitive human being.(Not rude like some others in the AR forum)
but, Mr Bluehue has a metabolic disease (Phenylketonuria)which makes him "Subtle attention and performance deficits in organization and planning persist in treated patients. These deficits are related to phenylalanine levels and may interfere with academic achievement."so, Plays with his mind as well because it does some effects in the brain.thats why you sould not pay attention where he writes, but pay attention what he writes.because It could be the truth..
I expalin him to you because I know himsince coupleofyears and I know him, he means well, But he cant follow the rules because of his conditiojn.
SO, Lets behave well to this beautiful human being.And be his friends.
With Love and Peace-julia
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2007, 05:58:42 pm »

"LET'S BEHAVE WELL", Miss Julia?"  I don't think I have done anything but, with anyone on this
board, or other places.  Maybe you should speak for yourself, I still occasionally visit Atlantis
Rising and you are not the most polite person in the world, nor do you show any RESPECT for
your ELDERS.  Mr. Brig (to you) was a young man int the 1940's, so YOU do the math............
His wife is younger, but at that age it makes little difference.

Besides, what you said to him is not what a mature person would say to anyone, especially a
stranger.  Oh, yes COO COO BANANAS, is not very mature either.  You say you did that because
you have to be blunt in your profession, well, Miss Julia, that kind of stuff is RUDE and CHILDISH.

Brig is probably the only person that is never really "picked on" by any one.  I personally have
never had any problems with him. 

May I ask, since you say you are a doctor (medical?), have YOU, yourself examined this per-
son, Blue Hue?  Or are you just going by what he says?

It seems to me Mr. Blue Hue knows EXACTLY  what he is doing, including dropping hints about
his health - I noticed that, almost from his first post.  He also has an anger problem, maybe you
should help him with it. 

It has nothing to do with his "academic achievement", nor am I attacking his theories, like he
attacks everyone else's.

I SIMPLY WANT HIM TO LEAVE ME ALONE.  If you think I am being harsh, so be it!

You do whatever you want, as for myself, I'll make my own DIAGNOSIS, thank you. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2007, 06:22:48 pm »

ACTUALLY, MISS JULIA, THIS IS WHAT I REALLY THINK:

Re: the Egotistical Atlantis
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 04:43:27 pm » Quote Modify 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know,   I hate to point out what I am about to say.  I am
sure other members are TOO POLITE  to do so.  But I can do it, because I am one of them:

EUROPEANS  believe that we Americans (I have DUAL citizenship) are a lot
of IGNORAMUS(es?).  Well, to be truthful, the "ugly American" picture is true, to a
certain extent.  But ignorant?  In the literal sense of the word - ILLITERATE - well, we are
just as educated as they are.  The countries in Europe are small.  By population count, one
may find that there is no difference between the two continents, by ratio, in formal learn-
ing or self-education.

Plus, I personally would much rather be considered well-mannered, courteous and
pleasant than a GENIUS, if those do exist in everyday life...........

Then, there are the British who still tend to think of the USA and CANADA as
"THE COLONIES"........

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 06:25:51 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: