Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 08:58:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Hyksos

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hyksos  (Read 1143 times)
Chessica Silva

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 01:24:25 am »

khenaten himself is a controversial figure that biblical historians try to relate with exodus too though. Anyways, the Amarna letters are mostly written in Akkadian cuneiform.

Eusebius used the now lost works by Cephalion for his "useless" Assyrian kings list. I don't think the list is useless. For example:

Quote:
During his reign the fleet of the Argonauts and Heracles appeared.

24 Sosarmus 19 years
25 Mithraeus 27 years
26 Teutamus 32 years
During his reign Ilium was captured.

27 Teutaeus 40 years
28 Theneus 30 years
29 Derusus 40 years
30 Eupalmes 38 years
These are obviously all Greek names but the two I've bolded are Egyptian. There were several kings name Thutmose in Egypt. Like this one for example:

Quote:
"Tutimaeus.16 In his reign, for what cause I know not, a blast of God smote us; and unexpectedly, from the regions of the East, invaders of obscure race marched in confidence of victory against our land. By main force they easily seized it without striking a blow;17 76 and having overpowered the rulers of the land, they then burned our cities ruthlessly, razed to the ground the temples of the gods, and treated all the natives with a cruel hostility, massacring some and leading into slavery the wives and children of others. 77 Finally, they appointed as king one of their number whose name was p81Salitis.18 He had his seat at Memphis, levying tribute from Upper and Lower Egypt, and always leaving garrisons behind in the most advantageous positions. Above all, he fortified the district to the east, foreseeing that the Assyrians,19 as they grew stronger, would one day covet and attack his kingdom.
This is Josephus quoting Manetho on Hyksos. He also says another Thutmose expels the Hyksos later on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossi_of_Memnon

Staute that "spoke" supposedly built by Amenhotep III, the son of another Thutmose (Thutmose III). Akhenaten is his son (and was Amenhotep IV). Manetho says Amenhotep III was Memnon. Memnon is a Trojan War figure, a king from "Ethiopia" and the son of Trojan Tithonus. Notice the similarity to Teutamus and Teutaeus in the Assyrian kings list (which itself is Tithon without the Greek us, and he was a Titan) when Ilium (Troy) was captured.

At various times, Egypt had vassals in the Levant and relationships/influence with Assyria (and vice versa) but historians don't acknowledge what I'm suggesting. And I could be wrong, but something is fishy during this specific time period. I'm suggesting that somewhere around the period from the 14-12 century or so BC, there was a massive "Egyptian/Assyrian" empire and the dates are probably off too (Hyksos most likely related somehow). Akhenaten's dynasty ruled closer to upper Egypt (closer to "Ethiopia").
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: