Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 07:40:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Woman spends thousands to look like Game of Thrones heroine Daenerys Targaryen

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woman spends thousands to look like Game of Thrones heroine Daenerys Targaryen  (Read 893 times)
Watcher of the Skies
Superhero Member

« on: June 14, 2014, 11:40:38 pm »

Woman spends thousands to look like Game of Thrones heroine Daenerys Targaryen
A GAME of Thrones fan who spent thousands dressing up like heroine Daenerys Targaryen today said it helped her overcome bullying she faced as a child.
By: Dion Dassanayake
Published: Thu, June 12, 2014

Game of Thrones, Lucy Hinsley, Khaleesi, Daenerys Targaryen, Emilia Clarke, Sky Atlantic, HBOLucy Hinsley has spent thousands transforming herself into Daenerys Targaryen[LEFT - NEWSDOGMEDIA & RIGHT - HBO]

Lucy Hinsley, 22, described the character otherwise known as Khaleesi as her "inspiration" and said she feels a strong "connection" with her.

The pretty blonde, who has been a Game of Thrones fan since the first season, has been a victim of bullying since she was aged just four.

The student from Brighton said her childhood tormentors made her retreat into herself but since dressing like Daenerys she has come out of her shell.

She now has more than 5,000 Facebook fans after transforming into the character played by Emilia Clarke and is inundated with requests for dates
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Watcher of the Skies
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 11:41:11 pm »

The pretty blonde has been a victim of bullying since she was aged just four [NEWSDOGMEDIA]
Report Spam   Logged
Watcher of the Skies
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 11:41:37 pm »

Miss Hinsley said: "Ever since I can remember, I've been put down and picked on by my classmates. They never thought I would amount to anything.

"I was always made to feel quite small by the people around me.

"If I ever did speak my mind at school, my classmates would tease me and take the mick out of me so I coped by retreating into myself.

"I became awfully quiet and shy.

"I had a tough time as a child - it was hard to deal with the constant bullying. I faded into the background and didn't want to speak to anyone."

Daenerys is a fierce leader of an army of thousands and is nicknamed the "Mother of Dragons" as she commands three large fire breathing dragons.

Report Spam   Logged
Watcher of the Skies
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 11:41:49 pm »

I feel like Daenerys and I have travelled along the same path to finding myself

Lucy Hinsley

Report Spam   Logged
Watcher of the Skies
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 11:42:25 pm »

The student said dressing like Daenerys Targaryen has helped her move on from childhood bullying [NEWSDOGMEDIA]

Miss Hinsley first started dressing like the character in April 2012, after one of her friends said she looked like the Game of Thrones heroine.

She began by dying her hair white and then started to make costumes like those worn on the hit HBO show.

Miss Hinsley explained how she would return from college at 5pm and work until 5am making outfits, surviving on just three hours sleep.

She said: "Whenever I read Daenerys' chapters in the Game of Thrones books, I always thought about how similar we both were.

"I felt an intense connection with her character. I feel like Daenerys and I have travelled along the same path to finding myself.

"We are both fighting for something.

"When I was younger, I was bullied a lot at school. Like Daenerys at the start, throughout my life I felt so small and scared.

"But during the course of the book, Daenerys suddenly finds herself and becomes strong. I wanted to be like her and I believed I could become her."
Report Spam   Logged
Watcher of the Skies
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 11:43:09 pm »

Pretty student has more than 5,000 fans on Facebook [NEWSDOGMEDIA]

Miss Hinsley first showcased her Game of Thrones outfit at the Comic Con exhibition in London in May 2012.

The response from fans was so strong that she continued to dress as the character and started a Facebook page which amassed thousands of likes.

She said: "Everyone at the convention thought my look was amazing, I was so chuffed.

"A few people came up to me and thought I was Emilia Clarke, the actress who plays Daenerys in the TV series. It was an incredible feeling.

"After all that time of being put down by bullies at school, it was so surreal getting admiration and acceptance for being Daenerys by people.

"I was almost scared to believe their complements. I was just elated!"

Each outfit can take up to a month to make and Miss Hinsley spends hours sourcing materials that were used on the set of Game of Thrones.

In total she has spent £2,410 so far on her Game of Thrones costumes and beauty regime.

She added: "Dressing up as Daenerys gives me a newfound confidence and strength. It makes me feel invincible and powerful.

"When people make mean comments to me online, I don't back away anymore and I confront them instead.

"A lot of my friends and fans jump to my defence too! "I can fight back in a way I never could be before, I feel very proud of that."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/482060/Game-of-Thrones-fan-spends-thousands-to-look-like-Daenerys-Targaryen
Report Spam   Logged
acedynamics1

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 07:52:52 am »

I like Daenerys and finding myself like that.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: