Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:29:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth  (Read 3410 times)
cleasterwood

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 06:22:16 am »

As I always say, does it really matter who wrote the Emerald Tablets?  What matters most is what they convey to people.  And if I remember correctly there is a story about an Egyptian (from pharaonic Egypt) who sought out the "Book of Thoth".  If this is a reference to the Emerald Tablets, it would debunk any thoughts that the tablets are fakes.  Mind you it's just a theory that these are one in the same.

Taken from TourEgypt:

The Tale of Nefrekeptah

There are other tales of magic from Egypt, notably the stories of Prince Setna, son and court scribe of Rameses II, and Setna's young son, Se-Osiris.

While reading ancient texts, Setna discovered the story of Nefrekeptah, who had been a much more powerful magician than he, because he had read the 'Book of Thoth'. Determined to find and read this text, he asked his brother to accompany him to find the tomb of Nefrekeptah, son of Amenhotep. 

When Setna had made his way into the tomb, to the central chamber where Nefrekeptah was laid to rest, he found the body of the prince lying wrapped in its linen bands, still and awful in death. But beside it on the stone sarcophagus sat two ghostly figures, the kas of a beautiful young woman and a boy - and between them, on the dead breast of Nefrekeptah lay the 'Book of Thoth'.

Honouring the kas, Setna begged them to let him take the papyrus. If they would not let him take it, he had the magic power to take it from them by force.
The ka of the woman, Ahura, let it be known to Setna that the papyrus brought nothing but trouble to Nefrekeptah. She knew this, because she had been Nefrekeptah's wife, and the ka of the boy had been Merab, their son. She and her son's bodies were lying at Koptos at the very edge of Eastern Thebes.

She and Nefrekeptah had been children of the pharaoh, and had wed by custom. Soon, their son had been born, yet Nefrekeptah cared more for knowledge. He thirsted after the wisdom of ancient texts and magic spells from ancient tombs. One day, while studying ancient shrines, a priest came and started taunting Nefrekeptah:

"All that you read there is but worthless. I could tell you where lies the 'Book of Thoth', which the god of wisdom wrote with his own hand. When you have read its first page you will be able to enchant the heaven and the earth, the abyss, the mountains and the sea; and you shall know what the birds and the beasts and the reptiles are saying. And when you have read the second page your eyes will behold all the secrets of the gods themselves, and read all that is hidden in the stars."
Nefrekeptah would do anything to get the text. The priest asked for a hundred bars of silver for his funeral and that he would be buried like a pharaoh when he died. Without hesitation, Nefrekeptah did as the priest asked, desperate to find where the ancient wisdom of Thoth was kept.
"The Book of Thoth lies beneath the middle of the Nile at Koptos, in an iron box. In the iron box is a box of bronze; in the bronze box is a sycamore box; in the sycamore box is an ivory and ebony box; in the ivory and ebony box is a silver box; in the silver box is a golden box - and in that lies the Book of Thoth. All around the iron box are twisted snakes and scorpions, and it is guarded by a serpent who cannot be slain."
Hurrying home, Nefrekeptah joyfully told Ahura about his meeting with the priest, and where the 'Book of Thoth' lay. But Ahura feared that evil would come of this. She begged her husband not to search for the papyrus. She felt in her heart that only sorrow would come of this.
 Rather than listening to his wife, Nefrekeptah set off to pharaoh, who approved his mission. Setting up the royal barge, Nefrekeptah took his wife and son to Koptos. Reaching their destination, the priests and priestesses of Isis welcomed the family, and Nefrekeptah made sacrifices to the goddess and her son Horus.

On the fifth day, Nefrekeptah left his family and worked great magic at the river.

First he created a magic cabin that was full of men and tackle. He cast a spell on it, giving life and breath to the men, and he sank the magic cabin into the river. Then he filled the Royal Boat with sand and put out into the middle of the Nile until he came to the place below which the magic cabin lay. And he spoke words of power, and cried, "Workmen, workmen, work for me even where lies the Book of Thoth!" They toiled without ceasing by day and by night, and on the third day they reached the place where the Book lay.
Removing the sand, Nefrekeptah raised the Book till they were at a shoal in the river. And it was as the priest had said - around the iron box, snakes and scorpions twined. They were living, moving beings, ready to kill anyone who dared go near the box. Yet at Nefrekeptah's magic cry, they became quiet and still.
Unharmed, Nefrekeptah went to the iron box, which was guarded by the serpent that could not die. His magic was useless against the reptile, so with his sword, Nefrekeptah lopped off its head. Immediately, the serpent joined together, and made ready to stop the magician from reaching the iron box. Once again, Nefrekeptah beheaded the snake, and tried to toss the head into the river. Yet again, the serpent's head flew to the body and the reptile was alive, protecting the iron box.

Nefrekeptah saw that the serpent could not be slain, but must be overcome by cunning. So once more he struck off its head. But before head and body could come together he put sand on each part so that when they tried to join they could not do so as there was sand between them - and the serpent that could not die lay helpless in two pieces.
Opening the iron box, he found a bronze box. Then a box of sycamore wood. A box of ebony and ivory followed, then a box of silver and finally one of gold, as the priest had said. Opening the gold box, Nefrekeptah found the 'Book of Thoth'.
Reading the first page, Nefrekeptah found that he suddenly had power over the heavens and the earth, the abyss, the mountains and the sea. He understood what the beasts and the fishes were saying. Reading the next spell, he found out the secrets of the sun in the heavens, the moon and the stars. He also could see the gods themselves, who were hidden from the eyes of mortals.

Taking the papyrus, he ordered the workmen to return him to Koptos, where his wife was waiting for him. Offering her the papyrus, Ahura read the first and second spells, and had all of the knowledge that her husband had learned from the Book.

Then Nefrekeptah took a clean piece of papyrus and wrote on it all the spells from the 'Book of Thoth'. He took a cup of beer and washed off the words into it and drank it so that the knowledge of the spells entered into his being.
As they left on the Royal Barge to return home, their son Merab fell into the river and sank out of sight. Using the Book, Nefrekeptah said the correct spell, but the little boy was dead. There was no magic that could bring him back to life. Calling Merab's ka, he asked his son what had caused his death. The parents knew that it was not a normal drowning. 
And the ka of Merab said, "Thoth the great god found that his Book had been taken, and he hastened before Amen-Ra, saying, 'Nefrekeptah, son of Pharaoh Amenhotep, has found my magic box and slain its guards and taken my Book with all the magic that is in it.' And Ra replied to him, 'Deal with Nefrekeptah and all that is his as it seems good to you: I send out my power to work sorrow and bring a punishment upon him and upon his wife and child.' And that power from Ra, passing through the will of Thoth, drew me into the river and drowned me."
Heartbroken, they left Merab's body for embalming at Koptos. Soon, the burial of their son was done, and, though sad, Nefrekeptah said that they should return home. Pharaoh should know of what happened, and though sad at the loss of his grandson, he would rejoice in the fact that they had the 'Book of Thoth'.
As they set out, they came to the place where Merab had drowned. Ahura felt the power of Ra take her, and snatch her off the barge. She fell into the river, and she too was drowned. Calling for her ka Nefrekeptah heard the same story, and returned once more to Koptos for his wife's burial.

Setting out for home once more, the boat reached Memphis. Pharaoh boarded the vessel when it reached port, only to find that Nefrekeptah himself was dead, the 'Book of Thoth' bound on his chest. Pharaoh buried Nefrekeptah with the Book, and the kas of Ahura and Merab came to watch over the man they both loved.

"And now I have told you all the woe that has befallen us because we took and read the Book of Thoth - the book which you ask us to give up. It is not yours, you have no claim to it, indeed for the sake of it we gave up our lives on earth."
Report Spam   Logged

Ra's Warrior & the Talismans of Time!  http://www.talismansoftime.com
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2007, 01:35:46 am »

Thanks, Cleasterwood. You probably don't remember this, but you were one of the first to welcome me to the Atlantis Rising forum when I began posting there, years ago - under a topic of the same name. 

I am honored to welcome you now here.

About the Emerald Talblet, it seems a bit strange to me that one of the world's most important spiritual texts is constantly being asked to prove it's veracity.  Does anyone make such claims of the Bible or the Koran?  No, they don't

Peace,

Veronica
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2007, 02:56:09 am »

Good point Veronica,

It seems to also aply to the Gospel of Thomas that was discovered in Egypt in 1945 at Nag Hammadi.
Report Spam   Logged
cleasterwood

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2007, 06:35:53 am »

Why thank you Veronica, and yes I remember and I think the name of the forum was the same one!  lol  Cheesy  I think my reply was similar in origin as well.  It is funny how the world will take the Bible, Koran, and other religious texts as fact, but when one comes along that contradicts the mainstream thinking of the time it is merely dismissed.  Look at the lost books of Jesus.  They screamed sacrilege.  Humans are good at destroying what they don't want known or they don't understand.  Examples are riddled throughout history.  Witch hunts, Holy War, Nazi's...  But, it's not just religions either.  Even archaeologists and scientists do the same to "controversial texts".  What gets me most is science isn't exact, it's all guessing work until it's proven, and they are constantly updating to fit new discoveries, but they still avoid discoveries that will drastically change their thinking.  Narrow minded.

Ah, and think also about the  scientists who came on Discovery channel saying they found the body of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.  The church automatically interceded and said... Jesus was of Nazareth not Jerusalem.  They don't want to change their religion and they are so blinded by 'faith' that they can't see the trees for the woods.  It's kind of sad.   

I guess that's why I'm a pagan. I take what I need from various religions and what makes sense (because really if you read them all they are almost all the same) and I make my own path to heaven.  Yes, I believe in God, but I don't label him and I certainly don't listen to falliable man to tell me what God wants me to know.  He will lead me and that is all I need. 

Blessed be,
Lynn
Report Spam   Logged

Ra's Warrior & the Talismans of Time!  http://www.talismansoftime.com
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 03:06:38 am »

Thanks, Mark, nice to see that others are broadening their horizons as to what constitutes wisdom and what doesn't.

Lynn, I'm a pagan, too!  In fact, if we took a count, I imagine that most people here would now be considered pagan in their beliefs here, as opposed to AR, whch seemed to be dominated by Christian fundamentalists.

I seem to recall at the old thread at AR, we could never seem to get past whether the tablets were real or not, if they really had emeralds in Egypt, and what the tablets were made of.  Quite sad.

Peace,

Veronica
Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 10:24:36 am »

One would say that " The Book of Thoth "
is a Metaphore for the Orbit Course-reading of the Moon !

Atlantis THREE canal Rings was a Moon- Observatory design.
History tells us that these were watched over by Elephants,
who were  Nightly foddering Animals and once Avatars of the Moon.

Most Atlantologists regard the City- Ring Moats as
a geological feature of Nature despite Plato's explanation
that they were artificially dug and NOT " allready there "

Stonehenge and other MAZE-observatory  Rings
now have dry filled-in moats once filled with water
from an reflection-angle the Full Moon's Course was set out !

Sincerely" BlueHue " dd 9 March 2009
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 10:26:14 am by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Guntis Zep
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2014, 04:48:38 pm »

The Tablets of Thoth are imperishable, resistant to all elements, corrosion and acids. In effect, the atomic and cellular structure is fixed, and no change can take place, thus violating the material law of ionization, according to Bibliotecapleyades.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: