Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 01:59:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ben Affleck Talks Differences in His Batman, Fan Reaction to Casting

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben Affleck Talks Differences in His Batman, Fan Reaction to Casting  (Read 87 times)
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« on: January 29, 2014, 12:12:11 am »

Ben Affleck Talks Differences in His Batman, Fan Reaction to Casting
Spencer Perry Jan 28, 2014

Ben Affleck Talks Differences in His Batman, Fan Reaction to CastingEver since his casting back in August, we've heard Ben Affleck and countless others speak about Warner Bros.' upcoming Batman vs. Superman film. Now in a recent interview with Playboy, Affleck elaborates even further about the process of his casting and his initial reluctance to accept the role.

"When they asked if I would be Batman, I told them I didn't see myself in the role and I was going to have to beg off. They said I'd fit well into how they were going to approach the character and asked me to look at what the writer-director, Zack Snyder, was doing. The stuff was incredible…..It was a unique take on Batman that was still consistent with the mythology. It made me excited. All of a sudden I had a reading of the character. When people see it, it will make more sense than it does now or even than it did to me initially."

Affleck also reiterated how his character will be an "older/wiser" version of Batman, but says it won't compete with the most recent version played by Christian Bale.

"I don't want to give away too much, but the idea for the new Batman is to redefine him in a way that doesn't compete with the Bale and Chris Nolan Batman but still exists within the Batman canon. It will be an older and wiser version, particularly as he relates to Henry Cavill's Superman character."

He also spoke about the fan reaction to his casting, but provides reassurance to those willing to take it.

"I understand I'm at a disadvantage with the internet. If I thought the result would be another Daredevil, I'd be out there picketing myself. [laughs] Why would I make the movie if I didn't think it was going to be good and that I could be good in it?"

Set to star Affleck and Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman, production on the film is expected to begin in the coming months at the Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac.The film will also reunite Man of Steel stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince. Directed once again by Zack Snyder, Batman vs. Superman is set for release on May 6, 2016.
Go Behind the Scenes of Marvel Universe LIVE! in a New Video   Josh Gad Up for Ben Grimm/The Thing in The Fantastic Four?   

SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. © 2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "d254514d58fda348db17b12227af3867"
http://www.superherohype.com/news/288997-ben-affleck-talks-differences-in-his-batman-fan-reaction-to-casting
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rebelitarian

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 05:31:30 pm »

DC really needs to do a good movie, the Batman franchise has pretty much supported them.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: