Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 12:57:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

HOUDINI (Harry Weiss)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOUDINI (Harry Weiss)  (Read 1567 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: February 20, 2007, 01:13:59 pm »

Fletcher's method was to announce a word as he got it, no matter what else
he happened to be talking about, and then apparently to wait until he was
sure of another word and make another opportunity.  One night he announced,
"The first word is ROSABELLE and it is going to unlock the rest."  A fortnight
later a second word was added - NOW.  At a third sitting Fletcher said, "Here is a
lady I've been working with for a long time but the only word I get from her to-
night is LOOK.  This is the sixth word in the code."  The sitters presumed that the lady to whom he referred was Houdini's mother.  Still later Fletcher asked that
four new words be added - ROSABELLE, ANSWER, PRAY and TELL.

At the next to last sitting, Fletcher said, "Let me give you the words from the
beginning, because I have to work hard to get them."  His last comment was.
"This man tells me now that he has put the next five words, which explain these,
in French.  I have not got them yet.  I want to give you the other words because, working on the French words, I may forget the others."

At the final sitting Fletcher said, "This man who is communicating tells me it has
taken him three months working out of the confusion to get these words through,
and that at no time has he been able to do anything without his mother's help.
TELL- that is the last word!  You now have ten words.  Go over them carefullly.  It has been a hard job getting them through, "But I tell you," he says, fairly
shouting, "they are right!"  Now he wants to dictate the exact message you are now to take to his wife.  This is to be written down in longhand, no notes."

Fletcher then asked the time, which was 9:23 P.M.  He said this was to be noted.
Also that the medium was in deep trance, that the medium's pulse was at that moment sixty-three, which he asked to be verified; he also wanted the names of
those present set down.  Fletcher then continued with great exactness, "A man who says he is Harry Houdini, but whose real name was Ehrich Weiss, is here and
wishes to send to his wife, Beatrice Houdini, the ten-word code which he agreed
to do if it were possible for him to communicate.  He says you are to take this
message to her and upon acceptance of it, he wishes her to follow out the plan they agreed upon before his passing.   This is the code:

ROSABELLE**ANSWER*TELL**PRAY**ANSWER**LOOK**TELL**ANSWER
ANSWER**TELL.

He wants this message signed in ink by each one present.  He says the code is known only to him and to his wife, and that no one on earth but those two know it.  He says there is no danger on that score, and that she must make it public.
Announcement must come from her.  You are nothing more than agents.  He says
that when this comes through there will be a veritable storm, that many will seek
to destroy her and she will be accused of everything that is not good, but she is
honest enough to keep the pact which they repeated over and over before his death.  He says, "I know that she will be happy, because neither of us believed it would be possible."

Fletcher then added, "Her husband says that on receipt of this message she must
set a time, as soon as possible, when she will sit with this instrument (the medium
-my insert) while I, Fletcher, speak to her, and after he has repeated this message to her, she is to return a code to him which will be understood by her and by him
alone.  The code that will be returned by her will be a supplement to this code, and the two together will spell a word which sums it all up, and that word will be the
message which he wants to send back.  He refuses to give that word until he gives
it to her."
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: