Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 09:14:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Samuel L. Jackson on ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,’ ‘Avengers,’ and Elizabeth Olsen

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Samuel L. Jackson on ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,’ ‘Avengers,’ and Elizabeth Olsen  (Read 123 times)
Kristina
Superhero Member

« on: October 05, 2013, 11:35:54 pm »

Samuel L. Jackson on ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,’ ‘Avengers,’ and Elizabeth Olsen

By
    Alexandra Cheney
    CONNECT

Zade Rosenthal/Columbia Pictures/Everett Collection
    Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury in “The Avengers” (2012)

Coming off a debut that saw 11.9 million viewers — the highest-rated network drama in four years — ABC’s “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” attempted to excite fans Tuesday night with a cameo by “The Avengers” Nick Fury.

“I’m still playing the same guy, it’s the same process,” Samuel L Jackson, who plays Fury, told the Journal Tuesday morning. “I just show up and they turn the cameras on and we do it.”

“S.H.I.E.L.D.” delivered 8.4 million viewers, impressive for 8 p.m., but down 34 percent from last week’s record-setting arrival.

In the scene, Fury chastised his underling Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) for severely damaging the agency’s aircraft, including but not limited to blowing a life raft sized hole into its hull.

After only six days, that seemed quite an accomplishment. “You know I have the authority to downgrade your a– to a Winnebago,” Fury shouted in the scene.

ABC hinted at the possibility of a Fury cameo, posting a promo on their FacebookFB +3.78% page Saturday suggesting viewers tune in through the closing credits of “S.H.I.E.L.D.,” a strategy used by Marvel Entertainment for their feature films, where post-credit scenes are common.

“I don’t think we begin shooting before March of next year,” Jackson said of “The Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the next film to begin shooting in the Marvel universe.  ”I know we’re shooting in London, that James Spader is Ultron and going to be the bad guy, and that we added Ms. [Elizabeth] Olsen [who will play the Scarlet Witch], but I don’t know what she’s doing, if she’s on the inside or the outside. I haven’t seen a script.”

“S.H.I.E.L.D.” signals Marvel Entertainment’s first live-action series since it was acquired by Walt Disney Co., and co-creator and executive producer Joss Whedon had previously told the Journal that he’s looking to incorporate the Marvel and “Avengers” big screen universe into the small screen show. The caveat for Whedon, however, is to ensure that any cameos avoid overshadowing the series’ core cast.

“We may see some people and more people from the Marvel Universe that are not cinematic. The most important people are these people [the cast],” Whedon said during the San Diego Comic-Con “S.H.I.E.L.D.” panel in July.

For more film and entertainment news, follow @alexandracheney on Twitter.

[The headline of this story has been changed.]
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:36:31 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 11:36:55 pm »

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/10/02/samuel-l-jackson-on-his-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-cameo-as-nick-fury/?_r=true
Report Spam   Logged

Thomas Jefferson
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 03:32:34 pm »

Hmmmm more 3rd tier stuff.

At least they are doing more the the DC Universe as of late.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: