Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:27:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hypothetically..... What philosophies would govern a new planet?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hypothetically..... What philosophies would govern a new planet?  (Read 8423 times)
Amon Ra
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2013, 01:42:10 am »

I think one would need to start with a few scientists, botanists and general laborers to get the ball rolling. We wouldn't need any military people, police or politicians, they can stay at home.
Report Spam   Logged
Ascendent Angel

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2013, 03:42:16 am »

We need to build something different than we have here, not the emphasis on money, for one thing, which would mean no debt.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2013, 11:52:21 am »

I think one would need to start with a few scientists, botanists and general laborers to get the ball rolling. We wouldn't need any military people, police or politicians, they can stay at home.
Agreed.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2013, 11:52:44 am »

We need to build something different than we have here, not the emphasis on money, for one thing, which would mean no debt.

The Exodus....
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,2564.165.html

I have detailed thoughts posted all through this thread, however it's difficult to follow unless you are willing to put some time into reading through it.
So, to sum up the idea;
 we establish a complete sat/com system
 Launched a robotic mining system to mine asteroids for resources
 build a death star sized space station (The Exodus)
 And finally detect an Earth like planet and set sail.

I know a lot of people say NOPE it will never happen.
But, if anyone will spend the time to read in to what I've discovered about our current level of technology and how it is all put together.
I know it can be done. And just like you Ascendant Angel, I also know that the only way we can progress is to just put our best foot forward and do it because it should be done.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:09:12 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2013, 12:19:04 pm »

Our collective thoughts here, may in some way mold a future yet to come.
If we are ever going to grow beyond what we've become. We need to begin to work together.
There are NO borders, No ethic differences. We are human beings.

The only thing preventing us from moving forward are those individuals who would lose out if we all woke up and decided we aren't going to play this game any more.
Here is were we need some external help from those who aren't from here.  Smiley
And that will be happening sooner then most are prepared for.
Steven Greer, is the next to expose the banking system as the real enemy.
Report Spam   Logged

Vernon Guilley

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2013, 04:30:49 pm »

No military?? What are you going to do if guys from Venus or Jupiter come to attack us, like Volitzer always says, whatcha going to fight them off with, harsh language?
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2013, 05:50:26 pm »

If the event we were attacked... We would be weaponized already...
We all agree though that a military is a bad Idea, because they are unable to think for themselves...
Slaves are like that.
 When fighting for something like the preservation of humanity against a more evasive species.
That is something I'm willing to do. When fighting for the profit of another human being so that they can live like kings?
NO! I just won't support it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:03:40 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2013, 02:06:41 pm »

Smiley However, I sincerely believe that if we could change what we are in our emotional nature enough to accept life from another planet.
They would embrace us and show us how a more universal culture thrives.
Which is actually the point of this thread.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2013, 06:45:35 pm »

Today is a good day to smile...  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2013, 04:34:24 pm »

Smiley However, I sincerely believe that if we could change what we are in our emotional nature enough to accept life from another planet.

On the other hand, Harry, I have seen too many nasty alien movies to think they would all want to help us, Harry.  Remember that show V? They started off nice and were secretly nasty!
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2013, 07:37:33 pm »

On the other hand, Harry, I have seen too many nasty alien movies to think they would all want to help us, Harry.  Remember that show V? They started off nice and were secretly nasty!

Well?   Smiley As much as I dislike war... If something was going to attack, Defending ourselves is a part of colonizing a new world. Once we knew what their intentions were for sure.
I can't imagine that, it would be the popular choice to attack without probable cause or definitive evidence that they want us dead. However, if I went all those light years from Earth for a new and hopeful beginning just to be attacked by an alien civilization. I would fight to the death to defend the innocent men, women and children who colonized this world with me. Without killing any unarmed member of their race.
Report Spam   Logged

Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2013, 12:23:06 am »

I think we should get back to philosophies, no marriages and lots of free love!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2013, 10:17:44 am »

Smiley FREE-love... Yes I'm in.

In addition I would also vote for NO WAR, No Killing, No abuse, or No ****.
Any found guilty would be Exiled off the planet and sent somewhere they would not like to be.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2013, 07:14:03 pm »

Grin

An Exodus class space station maybe?
Report Spam   Logged

Rebelitarian

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2013, 02:56:57 pm »

I think we should get back to philosophies, no marriages and lots of free love!  Cheesy

What happens when the women get pregnant ?

They still honor marriages in Starfleet !!!    Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: