Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:53:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hypothetically..... What philosophies would govern a new planet?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hypothetically..... What philosophies would govern a new planet?  (Read 8433 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« on: August 21, 2013, 12:16:02 pm »

Smiley

Hypothetically..... What philosophies would govern a new planet?
It's been a long time since I have kicked off a new topic.

It's a question that scientists, thinkers, and dreamers have pondered. Now, let's place ourselves on an interstellar space station..
We are traversing the cosmos at millions of miles an hour to finally arrive in orbit around a new planet.
Now, I won't go in to how our world is here. It's merely a matter of opinion as we have seen in past conversations.
Yet, if I was going to create a fresh start on a new planet. What kind of life could we have by establishing new ideas and systems?

When replying to this, consider the outcome of what you would want.
It's definitely an interesting thing to think about.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:17:24 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 12:26:13 pm »

P.s.... I'm on Facebook too.
Report Spam   Logged

Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 12:29:20 am »

Hiya Harry,

I would start it out like this - no marriage, no religion, no laws of any kind other than one: people can't go around hurting each other! That takes care of war, murder, all that stuff. And no marriage cause then people could screw whoever they want with no guilt!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 01:48:17 pm »

lol

Report Spam   Logged

Rebelitarian

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 02:15:56 pm »

Hiya Harry,

I would start it out like this - no marriage, no religion, no laws of any kind other than one: people can't go around hurting each other! That takes care of war, murder, all that stuff. And no marriage cause then people could screw whoever they want with no guilt!  Wink

Oh that's brilliant !!!!!    Roll Eyes  Soon you have a nation of bastard children that no one will claim responsibility for.... then what.... you'll be repeating what goes on in the ghettos on Earth.... crime, poverty, welfare, and eventually a collapsed civilization.

What would be the name of this planet....  ?   Feministia

No thanks....

I'd bring a Bible and the US Constitition for starters then all the 27 Amendments.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 05:51:50 pm »

One of the fist things I would suggest in a debate like this is having a system in place for all the decision making.
We have seen so many other systems of government and politics become corrupt from democracies, to communism.
I see a future population of a newly colonized planet being relatively small, so ideas brought to public attention could be decided on by the whole population...
A poll would present the idea, and goal behind it. Then people could use a communication device of any style to vote, and even offer an opinion about it.

My personal ideas would be things like;
 No killing, No Raping or abuse, and No damage will be done to the planet/ecology whatsoever.
This in turn would be voted on by the population and if elected, would be the law.
Once these three fundamental things were put into place, think of the outcome.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 05:57:48 pm »

Hiya Harry,

Oh that's brilliant !!!!!    Roll Eyes  Soon you have a nation of bastard children that no one will claim responsibility for.... then what.... you'll be repeating what goes on in the ghettos on Earth.... crime, poverty, welfare, and eventually a collapsed civilization.

What would be the name of this planet....  ?   Feministia

No thanks....

I'd bring a Bible and the US Constitition for starters then all the 27 Amendments.

Rebel, I'm sure Rachel ment no pun brother.... Settle down man. I mean if you really get down to it, the idea has a small amount of real merit here.
Sure there would be an increase of births. However, if the consenting individuals involved understand the consequence of these acts and agree to act responsibly.
The increase of population would certainly help in ensuring the survival of the human race.  Wink  Besides, random partners exist all through nature. Humans are the only species to adopt marriage in to it's social order.

I do like the concept of creating our life philosophies around what the bible and free masons have established here. Yet it's the basis of those things and there outcomes that must be more carefully thought out.
Just saying. May I also add- with no government in place, money might for once be replaced by contribution to building resources that everyone benefits from.....Your social merit is based on what you contribute to the good of all.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 06:16:02 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 06:10:40 pm »

I am seeing tons of hits from guests viewing this topic....
One thought about this is, replying without registation... Give them a number and allow the guests to comment?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 06:11:17 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 03:04:18 pm »

Gee Rebeletarian, I thought we were starting from scratch on the new world, not carrying over the values of the old one.

First off, the reason you refer to illegitimate children as "bastards" is because of religion, which has these 2,000 years of teachings that sexual urges should be repressed and that you are supposed to be married first.

Who cares? Seems to me that people should stick together as long as they are in love, leave when they are not. Also, sex is not wrong, people's sex lives are nobody's business!

Then what is the point of even going to a new world in the first place? We have all the Bible thumpers you could ever want, not to mention more laws than you would know what to do with! You call this freedom..?
Report Spam   Logged
Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 03:07:58 pm »

One thought about this is, replying without registation... Give them a number and allow the guests to comment?

Harry, I don't think you can reply without registration, on the other hand, people can register if they want!

Rachel
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 03:34:19 pm »

Hiya Harry,

What would be the name of this planet....  ?   Feministia

No thanks....

Rebel, I'm sure Rachel ment no pun brother.... Settle down man. I mean if you really get down to it, the idea has a small amount of real merit here.
Sure there would be an increase of births. However, if the consenting individuals involved understand the consequence of these acts and agree to act responsibly.
The increase of population would certainly help in ensuring the survival of the human race.  Wink  Besides, random partners exist all through nature. Humans are the only species to adopt marriage in to it's social order.

I do like the concept of creating our life philosophies around what the bible and free masons have established here. Yet it's the basis of those things and there outcomes that must be more carefully thought out.
Just saying. May I also add- with no government in place, money might for once be replaced by contribution to building resources that everyone benefits from.....Your social merit is based on what you contribute to the good of all.

Rebel is right, just cuz you go to a new planet doesn't mean you forget human history.  There are many planets out there that used to be just like Earth but finding GOD, as a being who sits between the nuosphere and the vacuusphere (out space) and living with his directives in mind has allowed for many a technologically advanced and prosperous civilization.   Stuff like Star Wars and Star Trek is made for people on Earth to show that human behaviors do carry over and the lessons learned from history and science need to be transferred over.  Many ET civilizations are just fine with us staying confined to our planet until we marry spirituality and technological development.  Would you want any Jerry Springer yay-hoo or Globalist sicko in control of a Starship ?  Neither would any other Lyran (human) civilization living on other worlds around Orion, Andromeda, Lyrae Star System, the Pleadies etc.

The reason we don't have a nuclear World War 3 on Earth is cuz Mercury and Mars had civilizations on them that had nuclear wars and made their planet surfaces uninhabitable.  UFOs are sent to this planet to act as a kill switch to all the nuclear nations on Earth to keep a nuclear tragedy from happening here.  No matter how out of control the Russians, Chi-Coms and the Globalists get.

You have to be as spiritual as well as technical before any Lyran shares any info with any Earth being.  Until Earth people adopt a Roddenberry/Adamski mindset we will mire in our own corruption for eons more.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 04:11:36 pm »

Harry, I don't think you can reply without registration, on the other hand, people can register if they want!

Rachel

Smiley Which is my preference as well.... It was more to spur the horse sort of speak.
Please, continue... lol
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 04:17:38 pm »

Zolitzer, hello... Long time Bud.

In regard to what you are expressing. New ideas and well habits could teach us more about being spiritual in nature.
In a sense, we limit our own imaginations by preoccupying this perception of reality.
To experience something out of the popular way to think about everything, we must live outside the box we have collectively invented.
I believe that sums up what we are both saying?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:19:31 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 04:25:39 pm »

Yeah in class taking up airframe and powerplant mechanics.

Finally done being unemployed.     Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 04:32:11 pm »

Nice! That is awesome. Still in NY?

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: