Atlantis Online
October 17, 2019, 08:01:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hypothetically..... What philosophies would govern a new planet?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hypothetically..... What philosophies would govern a new planet?  (Read 2919 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« on: August 22, 2013, 05:51:50 pm »

One of the fist things I would suggest in a debate like this is having a system in place for all the decision making.
We have seen so many other systems of government and politics become corrupt from democracies, to communism.
I see a future population of a newly colonized planet being relatively small, so ideas brought to public attention could be decided on by the whole population...
A poll would present the idea, and goal behind it. Then people could use a communication device of any style to vote, and even offer an opinion about it.

My personal ideas would be things like;
 No killing, No Raping or abuse, and No damage will be done to the planet/ecology whatsoever.
This in turn would be voted on by the population and if elected, would be the law.
Once these three fundamental things were put into place, think of the outcome.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: