Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:05:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

10 Things Never to Say to a Single Girl

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Things Never to Say to a Single Girl  (Read 257 times)
Lisa Wolfe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: July 13, 2013, 02:52:23 am »

by Stefanie Favicchio Monday at 4:00 PM
Email

single girlQuestion for you: What's worse than being single when all your friends are in committed relationships? Answer: NOTHING. That was me about a year ago, and let me tell you, it was an experience. Don't get me wrong, I did actually enjoy being single at times. Hell, I was an independent woman, Beyonce-style. But it was those incredibly rude comments I got from others for not having a "plus one" that really got to me. Yeah, that's when being the cheese standing alone started to suck.

Check out the 10 things you should never, ever say to a single girl.

1. Are you sure you're looking in the right places? Hmm, well it is possible there was a typo in my Single Man Map that I was given.

2. If you just put yourself out there ... Ah yes, thank you for the most vague piece of advice. I will make sure to start putting myself out there, whatever that means, and get back to you with my results.

3. How are you still single? I know this one is supposed to be a compliment (my current boyfriend actually asked me this on our first date). However, it just makes us start to dig a little deeper into why we may be single and, uh, you don't want to open that can of worms.

4. Guys are probably too intimidated to talk to you. Good point, I'll take off my single man shield before going out from now on.

5. You could have any guy you want. I know, RIGHT? I'm sooooo awesome. Can somebody please page Bradley Cooper for me?

6. Don't worry, he's out there. OH HAPPY DAY! I thought I was doomed for all eternity.

7. It's going to be all couples -- are you sure you want to come? It's crazy, I know, but even though I'm single, I'm still pretty sure I can co-exist with other humans regardless of their marital status.

8. You're being a little picky. And you're being a little annoying.

9. I'd give anything to have my single years back. Cry me a diamond ring river.

10. It'll happen when you least expect it. Well, what if I'm not expecting it right now? Will it happen? How about NOW?

http://thestir.cafemom.com/love_sex/158015/10_things_never_to_say
Report Spam   Logged

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lisa Wolfe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 02:53:44 am »

A Single Girl’s Open Letter to All Future Mr. Wrongs
by Stefanie Favicchio August 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I don’t think I ask for too much in a significant other. I’d say I’m pretty average when it comes to what I’d like to see in the opposite sex ... hilarious, successful, sweet, frequently does yard work with his shirt off, same old. But what I don’t want ... well, that’s a different story. Unfortunately, a lot of that story comes from personal experiences -- and some have made me seriously revise my checklist of what I look for in a guy. So I’ve decided to write an open letter to all the men who will eventually cross my path. Here it goes ...

Hey Future Date,

First of all, I’d like to say good luck. Dating me is no easy feat. In fact, a former beau once compared my complexity to a Rubik's cube, so you’re in for a real treat. But this isn't about me, it's about you. And since this is just round one, let’s start off with a few basic ground rules ...

Please don’t be married. This is one of those things that should kind of go without saying. But sadly, it has to be mentioned. Now if you can't fight the uncontrollable urge to lie about your marital status, you should probably Google your own name to make sure your wedding registry isn't the first thing that pops up on the search. It's just not a good look for you. Or your marriage. Or men in general. God, I hate dating.

Now I know you’re a fan of the booze -- and sometimes vodka tends to get the best of you. But when this happens, please don’t bark at strangers on the street. Sometimes even vodka can’t excuse you for getting on all fours in the middle of Manhattan. It’s just -- no. I can’t divulge any further on this topic. Just don’t. Moving on.

Since you've successfully scored my number, I’m assuming we’ll be texting a bit before we decide to meet up again. Texting is a great way to keep in touch, we can totally do that. But please don’t accidentally send me a video of a random girl doing a striptease in your hotel room. Thanks for the gesture, but I’m totally good without it and don't need to know that ever existed.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, please don't get ahead of yourself. We are not instantly married. Relationships take time to develop. Refrain from uttering brilliant one-liners like "we could have our last first kiss." Save the Noah from The Notebook act for later on. Too much too soon is creepy. It's overkill. And honestly, it makes me feel like I'm smothered in a corner. Nobody puts baby in the corner.

Aaaaaaand that about sums it up. Now, if by any means you think any of my requests are out of line, please feel free to turn the other way and never speak to me again. Otherwise, we should be in good shape. So tell me about yourself, do you frequently do yard work with your shirt off?

Love always,

Stefanie

http://thestir.cafemom.com/love_sex/142457/a_single_girls_open_letter
Report Spam   Logged

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.
Rebelitarian

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 06:55:25 am »

author=Lisa Wolfe link=topic=32696.msg252391#msg252391 date=1373701943]

by Stefanie Favicchio Monday at 4:00 PM

single girl Question for you: What's worse than being single when all your friends are in committed relationships? Answer: NOTHING.

There may be something seriously wrong with you !!!

That was me about a year ago, and let me tell you, it was an experience. Don't get me wrong, I did actually enjoy being single at times. Hell, I was an independent woman, Beyonce-style. But it was those incredibly rude comments I got from others for not having a "plus one" that really got to me. Yeah, that's when being the cheese standing alone started to suck.

Check out the 10 things you should never, ever say to a single girl.

1. Are you sure you're looking in the right places? Hmm, well it is possible there was a typo in my Single Man Map that I was given.

e-Harmony.com, christian-mingle, plentyoffish.com etc.  Not hard to put yourself out there.

2. If you just put yourself out there ... Ah yes, thank you for the most vague piece of advice. I will make sure to start putting myself out there, whatever that means, and get back to you with my results.

See #1...

3. How are you still single? I know this one is supposed to be a compliment (my current boyfriend actually asked me this on our first date). However, it just makes us start to dig a little deeper into why we may be single and, uh, you don't want to open that can of worms.

Simple... American women just don't have the obligation to grow up and act like an adult like foreign women do. So it is a surprise they stay single as long ?  Men need capeable partners not selfish 20 and 30 somethings acting like pre-teens.

4. Guys are probably too intimidated to talk to you. Good point, I'll take off my single man shield before going out from now on.

No chances are you have a repuatation and other guys aren't willing to make the same mistake unless you are really hot.  You'd be surprised how fast a woman can get black-listed.

5. You could have any guy you want. I know, RIGHT? I'm sooooo awesome. Can somebody please page Bradley Cooper for me?

Looks will only get you so far.  If you have the maturity of a pre-teen which a lot of women do then your relationship is doomed to fail.

6. Don't worry, he's out there. OH HAPPY DAY! I thought I was doomed for all eternity.

Grow and become the best woman you can be in your 20s.  After 30 women are like used cars, their dating value depreicates dramatically every year after.

7. It's going to be all couples -- are you sure you want to come? It's crazy, I know, but even though I'm single, I'm still pretty sure I can co-exist with other humans regardless of their marital status.

Ahh yes....  dating advice from another clueless single woman.  Oh joy !!!!!!!!    Roll Eyes   

8. You're being a little picky. And you're being a little annoying.

Nothing wrong with having standards in life...  Kudos !!!

9. I'd give anything to have my single years back. Cry me a diamond ring river.

Again if they lacked standards, you made a quick decision and now you regret it.  People were warning you for a reason.

10. It'll happen when you least expect it. Well, what if I'm not expecting it right now? Will it happen? How about NOW?

Go online to a dating site where real people are seriously looking and avoid the bar scene.  Try churches as well.  If they are dedicated to God they'll be dedicated to you. 

http://thestir.cafemom.com/love_sex/158015/10_things_never_to_say
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: