Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 09:06:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'Veronica Mars' Cast Grows: Daran Norris, Amanda Noret And Sam Huntington Join

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Veronica Mars' Cast Grows: Daran Norris, Amanda Noret And Sam Huntington Join  (Read 219 times)
Justin Garrow
Superhero Member

« on: June 12, 2013, 09:43:05 pm »

'Veronica Mars' Cast Grows: Daran Norris, Amanda Noret And Sam Huntington Join Movie (VIDEO)

Posted: 06/12/2013 7:09 pm EDT  |  Updated: 06/12/2013 7:09 pm EDT

The cast of the "Veronica Mars" movie is growing by the day. Three more returning stars have confirmed they'll be back for the upcoming film: Daran Norris (Cliff McCormack), Amanda Noret (Madison Sinclair) and Sam Huntington (Luke Haldeman).

Norris, who played lovable public defender and Mars family friend Cliff, has known "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas since he was three. The actor made an adorable video (below) announcing his return for the movie in a full white wig and beard. Norris delivered the inaccurate information that the show would be set 40 years after the series ended and then went on to spew a series of incorrect plot points -- Cliff marries Veronica, Cliff becomes president, Cliff undergoes sexual reassignment surgery and is now Clara McCormack -- before getting real with the fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpxCoUB1jCo&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

"We are really excited to be able to make this movie, and it could not have been done without your help or support," Norris said. "I'm just over the moon and overjoyed to come back as Cliff McCormack."

Noret, who has been a stay-at-home mom for the past four years, played Veronica’s nemesis and Neptune High's Queen Bee throughout the series. "I'm SO excited for the chance to be Madison again," Noret wrote to backers of the "Veronica Mars" movie. "I love my kids more than anything, but now that I've been a mom, there's something even MORE exciting about getting to play Madison, who is just so super-focused only on herself. (Plus, you just KNOW she's been waiting for this reunion, right?)"

Sam Huntington played Luke in two Season 1 episodes of "Veronica Mars" and his central storyline focused on steroid use. “I can honestly say that 'Veronica Mars' changed my life. Not only did I make friends that have become some of my dearest, but it helped me discover my true passion: drug running ... Just running steroids to and from Mexico," Huntington added. "In all seriousness, I'm flattered and humbled to have been asked to reprise my role ... Not only is it going to be amazing to work and reconnect with such talented and beautiful friends, but it's beyond exciting to be a part of such a revolutionary filmmaking experiment."

Norris, Noret, and Huntington join Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring, Chris Lowell, Percy Daggs III, Francis Capra, Christine Lakin and Enrico Colantoni, who have already signed on for the "Veronica Mars" movie.

And fans can expect more "Veronica Mars" casting announcements in the next week. "We have a bunch of cast deals done, but we're trying to parse them out now that we have them," Thomas said at the ATX Television Festival in Austin, Texas last weekend. "They've all come together in the last week, but we want to give everyone their own moment, so you will be getting a lot of notices over the next nine to 10 days about cast members."

The "Veronica Mars" movie is set to debut in early 2014.
Report Spam   Logged

"Some men see things the way they are and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not." - Robert F. Kennedy

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Justin Garrow
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 09:45:20 pm »

Jason Dohring Officially Joins 'Veronica Mars' Movie

By Chris Harnick   Posted: 04/03/2013 8:17 am EDT

Jason Dohring is heading back to Neptune for the "Veronica Mars" movie.

"Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas announced Dohring's official involvement in an email to the backers of the "Veronica Mars" movie Kickstarter. Despite appearing in the Kickstarter video announcement, Dohring, Enrico Colantoni and Ryan Hansen were not officially signed.

"We now have three actors officially cast," Thomas wrote in the email. "Veronica. Logan and the waiter who says, 'Your check, sir.'"

The last actor Thomas is referring to is the Kickstarter backer who donated $10,000 for a role in the flick. As of now, fans will at least have Logan and Veronica back on screen together.

"Don't worry. We're busily working on bringing your favorites into the fold," Thomas wrote. The Huffington Post recently spoke to Thomas about which cast would be part of the "Veronica Mars" movie.

"I reached out to all of them before we launched. Four of them were in the video, but before we launched, I talked to Francis Capra [Eli "Weevil" Navarro], Percy Daggs, Tina Majorino and Chris Lowell [Stosh "Piz" Piznarski] and told them what we're doing and that I hoped they would be available and excited about it," Thomas said. "They certainly all are, but we don't have them in deals yet. We've tried to be very careful on the website not to promise anything we can't deliver, but I have said I want them in there, it's just I can't promise it because contractually no one else is officially in besides Kristen. But I have a lot of confidence that we're going to get them, we're just not there yet.

Series star Kristen Bell recently gave birth to a baby girl, Lincoln Bell Shepherd. The "Veronica Mars" movie is scheduled to film during the summer of 2013 with an early 2014 release.
Report Spam   Logged

"Some men see things the way they are and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not." - Robert F. Kennedy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: