Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:25:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Obama says Planned Parenthood is ‘not going anywhere’

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama says Planned Parenthood is ‘not going anywhere’  (Read 981 times)
Monique Faulkner
Superhero Member

« on: April 27, 2013, 09:22:55 pm »

Obama says Planned Parenthood is ‘not going anywhere’
By Rachel Rose Hartman, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – Fri, Apr 26, 2013

President Barack Obama on Friday defended Planned Parenthood—the largest source of reproductive health care for women, as well as an abortion provider—against its opponents, and warned critics that the organization remains steadfast.

"Planned Parenthood is not going anywhere," Obama told the 1,000 people at the group's annual national conference in Washington. "It’s not going anywhere today. It’s not going anywhere tomorrow." He is the first president to address Planned Parenthood.

The organization has long been a target of abortion opponents, who in recent years have fought to cut off its federal funding—despite the fact that that money, by law, is not applicable toward abortions. (Abortions make up an estimated 3 percent of the organization's budget.)

The president on Friday lauded Planned Parenthood's work “providing quality health care to women all across America."

Obama added, "We are truly grateful to you.”

He noted that 1 in 5 women in America have sought services from Planned Parenthood, which is the primary source for health care for many women. When politicians attempt to turn it into "a punching bag," Obama said, they are shutting out women who need health care and communities that may need health care services the most.

"When it comes to a women's health, no politician should get to decide what's best for you," Obama said. "The only person who should get to make decisions about your health is you."

Obama used his appearance to champion his health care law, which he said promotes many of the same principles as Planned Parenthood. Obama said his law supports health care for women by allowing young women, for example, to be covered by their parents' health care insurance plans, and by preventing women with pre-existing conditions from being denied coverage.

The president did not say the word "abortion" during his remarks, but did reference a woman's "right to choose."

He took aim at states that have introduced laws that would limit abortion rights, affect contraceptive care, and end access to certain cancer screenings and education programs related to teen pregnancy, specifically calling out North Dakota and Mississippi for abortion restriction laws.

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus recently targeted the organization with a scathing op-ed for conservative news site Red State accusing Planned Parenthood and Democrats of supporting infanticide. Priebus wrote that testimony from a Planned Parenthood lobbyist in Florida indicated the organization supports the killing of infants.

Planned Parenthood later released a statement on the lobbyist's testimony, saying, "As a trusted health care provider, Planned Parenthood strongly condemns any physician who does not follow the law or endangers a woman's or child's health. And while HB 1129 addresses a situation that is extremely unlikely and highly unusual, if the scenario presented by the legislation should happen, of course a Planned Parenthood doctor would provide appropriate care to both the woman and the infant."

The president's appearance at the conference comes at a time when infanticide has been in the national news due to the murder trial of former abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell. Gosnell, of Philadelphia, is charged with murder in the death of a woman in 2009 during an abortion procedure and in the deaths of four babies.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-address-planned-parenthood-145150867.html;_ylt=AgvjoKse5mIrDm3HM0J2BQ3zWed_;_ylu=X3oDMTVxdjlvZmczBGNjb2RlA2dtcHRvcDEwMDBwb29sd2lraXVwcmVzdARtaXQDQXJ0aWNsZSBNaXhlZCBMaXN0IE5ld3MgZm9yIFlvdSB3aXRoIE1vcmUgTGluawRwa2cDODhiYTRkOWMtNGY2ZC0zOTlkLWI1YmQtYzQ1Yzg5ODVlODAwBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNuZXdzX2Zvcl95b3UEdmVyAzE5OTFjYWUxLWFlYTgtMTFlMi1iNzU3LTM3M2M0NTI1Mjc3Yg--;_ylg=X3oDMTJtb3QyNG81BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNDJlZTRlMDktZWM4Ny0zNjRiLWE5NTItZGQ5ZWY5MTc1NDkxBHBzdGNhdAN1LXMEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 01:57:40 pm »

Keeping the you in eugenics.

Yay Obama !!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 01:11:28 am »

It isn't eugenics, we women have the right to control our own bodes! If men could get pregnant, abortion would be considered a holy sacrament! 
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:08:55 pm »

It isn't eugenics, we women have the right to control our own bodes! If men could get pregnant, abortion would be considered a holy sacrament! 

After a baby is conceived it is no longer just "your body" anymore.

Now if you want to use birth control and condoms then have at it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:42:18 pm by Volitzer » Report Spam   Logged
Moondragon

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 12:07:51 am »

Wrong, it is always a woman's body, and women will always have a choice whether they want to carry a child to term or not, regardless of what the law says. A woman's body does not belong to the state, it belongs to herself!

When they start passing laws regulating men's private parts, maybe then you can make the moral argument.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 04:15:34 pm »

When a woman has a fetus it is no longer just her body anymore.  It is the life of a child.

Abortion is just self-inflicted eugenics against youth.  Women should have the babies and give them up for adoption and get paid for it.

The adoption industry has huge demands and short supply, unless a woman's life is threatened, **** or incest involved there is no real reason to have an abortion.

Planned Parenthood is a eugnics front leftover from the days of the N-A-Z-I-S.
Report Spam   Logged
Moondragon

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 10:53:12 pm »

When a woman has a fetus it is no longer just her body anymore.  It is the life of a child.

The **** it is. It is a woman's body from day one, into the ninth month and unless the fetus can stand on its own its not a child yet, its a fetus!

Love your compassion for children! Hate your intolerance for women. When you are able to get pregnant, then you'll be in a position to lecture me on women's rights.

unless a woman's life is threatened, **** or incest involved there is no real reason to have an abortion.

That's your opinion, luckily it doesn't happen to be the current law. That's why conservatives like you got creamed in the last election, no tolerance for other people's rights.

Planned Parenthood is a eugnics front leftover from the days of the N-A-Z-I-S.

Planned Parenthood allows women to plan their pregnancies so they aren't doomed to a life of poverty. Maybe learn something before you go spouting off at the mouth about it.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 02:52:16 pm »

quote author=Moondragon link=topic=

The **** it is. It is a woman's body from day one, into the ninth month and unless the fetus can stand on its own its not a child yet, its a fetus!

Life begins at conception, read a biology book !!!

Love your compassion for children!

Thank You !!! 

Hate your intolerance for women. When you are able to get pregnant, then you'll be in a position to lecture me on women's rights.

I am not intolerant of women, I am just pro-life, if women don't want to get pregnant they have condoms and birth control.  However once a child is concieved then it is no longer her body but the body of a child's.  How about the rights of the un-born ? 

That's your opinion, luckily it doesn't happen to be the current law. That's why conservatives like you got creamed in the last election, no tolerance for other people's rights.

1st off I am a liberal-libertarian, yes there is a difference.   www.politicalcompass.org/test  Wink  What about the rights of the un-born ?  True liberalism protects, not helps the Globalists engage in more eugenics. 

Planned Parenthood allows women to plan their pregnancies so they aren't doomed to a life of poverty.

If a woman does have a child as a single mother there are food stamps and job training programs to help them both live well. 

Maybe learn something before you go spouting off at the mouth about it.

Learn something, hell I've seen it for the last 40 years and help raised 4 nieces myself.  Believe me parents are not teaching their daughters a damned thing about life which is why so many women are on the government dole for being so irresponsible.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:48:22 pm by Volitzer » Report Spam   Logged
Moondragon

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 04:10:31 pm »

Life begins at conception, read a biology book !!!

Life begins when the fetus is viable, which is never under six months. Anything else is religious bs, which, thankfully has no place in our Constitution. You know what the Constitution is, don't you? Thankfully, it does not extend to zygotes!

Love your compassion for children!

Thank You !!!

I was being sarcastic, I'm guessing that you could give a crap about children. You are probably one of those guys that wants every woman who gets pregnant to carry it to term, then want to call her a leech to society because she has to go on welfare to support it!

I am not intolerant of women, I am just pro-life, if women don't want to get pregnant they have condoms and birth control.

Right, and  every birth control method is infallible, right?   Roll Eyes

However once a child is concieved then it is no longer her body but the body of a child's.  How about the rights of the un-born ?

When they are viable then they have their rights! A zygote has no rights, it can't even feel pain, it isn't even as big as your thumb! You basically want to give the same rights to cells in a petri dish that you would give to everyone else: stupid religious fundamentalists! People like you are what is holding this country back from true progress in anything!
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 04:47:29 pm »

quote author=Moondragon link=topic=

Life begins when the fetus is viable, which is never under six months. Anything else is religious bs, which, thankfully has no place in our Constitution. You know what the Constitution is, don't you? Thankfully, it does not extend to zygotes!

In the Constitution it says the right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  A zygote is a life.  It is biology not religious BS.

I was being sarcastic, I'm guessing that you could give a crap about children. You are probably one of those guys that wants every woman who gets pregnant to carry it to term, then want to call her a leech to society because she has to go on welfare to support it!

Actually it is quite difficult to find a woman that actually wants to get married and have kids.  If a woman does get pregnant, not by **** or incest,  she should carry it to term and put the kid up for adoption and get paid cuz the demand is so high.  Actually I raised 4 nieces and am looking to start a family soon myself cuz I finally met a worthwhile woman who finally acts her age and not some mentally stuck teen-tard.

Right, and  every birth control method is infallible, right?   Roll Eyes

No, but I take you back to the adoption option.

When they are viable then they have their rights! A zygote has no rights, it can't even feel pain, it isn't even as big as your thumb! You basically want to give the same rights to cells in a petri dish that you would give to everyone else: stupid religious fundamentalists! People like you are what is holding this country back from true progress in anything!

Again... LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  It is thinking like yours that allows people like Hitler and Pol-Pot to consider some humans "inferior" and ease your conscience about murdering them.
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 02:28:07 am »

In the Constitution it says the right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  A zygote is a life.  It is biology not religious BS.

A zyogote is not the same as a human being, moron, it's not even as big as your thumb. What is next, we grant your sperm sacred status?

Oh, and until men can start having babies, you have no right to lecture we women on our biology!
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 12:03:35 pm »

Hi Krista,

I can't understand why Republicans want to meddle with women's bodies.  It seems so perverse, doesn't it?
Report Spam   Logged
Misty Allen
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 06:55:26 pm »

Personally, I think they are just threatened by women's independence, want things to be like the 1950s again. Dinosaurs.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 12:59:08 pm »

Well Constitutionalists just want to protect life no matter what form it is in.

Too bad Democrats have lost sight of that.  It was a Democrat party that declared war on the N*A*Z*I*S when they engaged in eugenics.
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 12:18:55 pm »

Bull ****, do you know what a zygote is? It looks like little bitty circle, with a tail, like sperm under a microscope! And you really want to give that the same rights as a person? Come on!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: