Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:56:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

David Duchovny Urges 'X Files' Fans to Start Letter-Writing Campaign for 3rd Mov

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Duchovny Urges 'X Files' Fans to Start Letter-Writing Campaign for 3rd Mov  (Read 202 times)
Catwoman
Superhero Member

« on: March 02, 2013, 02:07:02 am »

David Duchovny Urges 'X Files' Fans to Start Letter-Writing Campaign for 3rd Movie (Video)
9:20 PM PST 2/27/2013 by Kimberly Nordyke

David Duchovny
Kevin Winter/Getty Images
David Duchovny
"I'll play Fox Mulder forever," the actor says on Wednesday's "Tonight Show."

Good news, X-Files fans: David Duchovny isn't ready to say goodbye to Fox Mulder.
our editor recommends
MIPCOM VIDEO BLOG: Gillian Anderson On Returning to TV Crime Post-‘X Files’
Gillian Anderson Ready for a Third 'X Files' Film
David Duchovny, Vera Farmiga, Christopher Neil 'Goats'

The actor, who now stars on Showtime's Californication, says he continues to hold out hope of making a third movie.

"We always want to," he told Jay Leno in an interview on Wednesday's The Tonight Show. "[Creator] Chris Carter and [co-star] Gillian Anderson and I, we're always on board."

Duchovny, who has previously expressed interest in doing a third film, then encouraged fans to start a letter-writing campaign to the studio to make it happen.

"You want to write Fox and get 'em going…," he told the audience, adding: "You could wheel me [out]. I'll play Fox Mulder forever."

The sci-fi series aired on Fox for nine seasons, from 1993-2002, spawning two movies. 1998's The X-Files: Fight the Future grossed about $189 million at the worldwide box office, but the 2008 sequel, subtitled I Want to Believe, earned only $68 million, according to Box Office Mojo. Still, the show continues to have a huge cult following.

Later on The Tonight Show, J.B. Smoove lobbied Duchovny for a role in the potential third film by revealing that he once saw an unidentified flying object.

"I have seen a UFO before, so I could be a great sidekick," he says. "And I had a witness too. That's the best thing. You got somebody next to you to say you ain't drunk."

Watch both clips below.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/david-duchovny-urges-x-files-425048?_r=true
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Catwoman
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 02:08:21 am »

Gillian Anderson Ready for a Third 'X Files' Film
4:04 AM PDT 9/6/2011 by Pip Bulbeck

Gillian Anderson
Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
She would also love to do a spoof feature of the TV and film franchise.

SYDNEY -- Gillian Anderson is ready to reprise her iconic role as Dana Scully in a third X Files film.
our editor recommends
Gillian Anderson film on deck for Cinequest
Gillian Anderson gives birth to a son

Speaking after the world premiere in Sydney of Universal’s Johnny English Reborn, in which she plays the head of fictional MI7 opposite Rowan Atkinson, Anderson said that there is definite talk of X Files 3.

“I hope it will happen, there’s talk of it,” she told Australian breakfast TV program Sunrise. 

“I don’t know who’s writing it but I hear there’s something going on,” she said. 

And she indicated that there could be more life in the franchise, saying she wants to do a film spoof of the hit Fox TV series.

“I’ve always wanted to do a spoof of the X Files as a film,” she said.

“We talked about that for a long time but maybe after three features we could get to do a spoof feature.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gillian-anderson-ready-a-third-231536
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: