Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:13:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Morocco and Eastern Atlantis

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 99   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morocco and Eastern Atlantis  (Read 79990 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2007, 12:37:28 pm »

Horus quote:

"I'm amazed at just how broad, diverse, and huge this mb is with every aspect of the Cosmos covered in one spot!"

Beware, Horus, this "info-gathering" is very contageous........you've probably already caught it.  LOL...

b
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2007, 01:10:23 pm »

The blue garb is really wonderful, must be indigo?
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2007, 01:41:11 pm »

Rocky,

From the beginning of GUELMIM:

"Guelmim is home to the biggest camel market in Morocco and is held every Saturday at daybreak. The absolute stars are the "Blue Men of the Desert" or Tuareg, so called because they wear an indigo coloured outfit, consisting of robes and a long blue scarf or tagilmust they use to swathe their heads and faces.

These indigo-dyed garments are most prized. Because water is scarce in the desert, the indigo is pounded, instead of boiled, into the cloth. This method of dying the fabric imbues the cloth with a shimmery blue-black patina."

Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2007, 08:08:04 am »

Smiley  Okay, I've corrected my original post to Eastern Atlantis,  Grin  Thanks "B" and Horus.  It probably has been since grade school since I studied geography, LOL.   Roll Eyes

Very interesting researh on these Tuareg people.  So then do you think that when Atlantis sank, (for the last time, some 12,000 to 14,000 years ago), that the very highest peaks became places like the Canary Islands?  So then the blue-haired, blonde-eyed natives of the Islands were perhaps the more rural mountain dwellers of Atlantis.  And perhaps the Tuareg were either survivors of the catastrophe, or decendents of the Canary Island "survivors" who branched off to find new land to cultivate on the shores of Africa. 

What I personally find most interesting in your research, "B" is the magical traditions of the Tuareg, which they cling to despite their conversion to Islam.  I also take note of what you mention as to their tradition of sucesion from the mother's side and not the father's lineage.  This also smacks of Atlantis, does it not?   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2007, 08:34:05 am »

Good morning, Sunshine, oops Sungate!

There is more than one connection between the Guances and this particular tribe of
the Tuaregs.   It's a crying shame that their conquerors decimated the Guanches and
the remnant assimilated.

It's already been established that the Welsh and the Basques have the same DNA.
I wish it were possible to run those tests with the Guanches and this tribe.
The Guanches were supposed to have been a pretty fierce people too, BTW.

I have no idea how the dispersion really took place, but I am sure that Cayce is right, the
main disappearances of Atlantis must have been gradual, although probably the last
cataclysm may have been sudden and final, like Plato says.  So the people may have
migrated and colonized for heaven knows how long before that.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2007, 07:02:15 pm »

THE PEOPLE OF THE CANARY ISLANDS:

A Cro-Magnon race with many affinities to a Sahara version of the Azilian-or Southern Spain cultural complex. Relating this to glyph body art introduced in some cases out of nowhere as well as the Cro Magnons. Introduction-spear or trident as one of their fishing symbols i.e. used usually for smaller fish. As a Hunter and Gatherer stage out of lack of choice in moving from catastrophes.

Fear of Dogs as an irrational blame on the Flood as a Dog indicated as the Harbringer of the tragedy in a celestial implication? As related to many world wide flood myths of a dog or fox gone astray from is position or stage.

And the last criteria, the in terraced walls, and concentric linings a very early stage of neolithic and Mesolithic practices that preclude the advent of pyramids.

We could say that to this day the Canary Islands are still culturally, and possibly linguistically the best visible (above the surface of the Ocean) view of what parts of Atlantis according to Plato were like, especially in a post flood sense of conditions for man. It is also likely that since man does not seem to appear to exist on the Canaries before 15,000 B.C. that these had more common escapees then aristocratic survivors.

But who managed to keep a certain kind of Atlantean like Canton Government (noted by Plato) found in regions of Cro-Magnons of 'a King of the Sun', or 'Twin Celestial Kings' to each provincial canton in the Canaries. Ironically, when the Egyptian-Phoenicians arrived I am sure they were shocked to find a similar government was already in place?

As you all know this only deepens the mystery of Herodotus's maps-

FROM

THE EARLY INHABITANTS OF THE CANARY ISLANDS
By Alf Bajocco

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/board,164.0.html
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 09:56:27 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2007, 03:18:43 pm »

Smiley  You reminded me of a song, "Good Morning Starshine" from the musical "Hair", LOL

So these original residents of the Canaries, were blonde haired, blue eyed? Any descriptions of these, Cro-Magnon people?  Or is this supposed to be like in Cro-Magnon man?

Quote from the above post:

Fear of Dogs as an irrational blame on the Flood as a Dog indicated as the Harbringer of the tragedy in a celestial implication? As related to many world wide flood myths of a dog or fox gone astray from is position or stage.

Facinating!  I never heard that one.  Could that be Sirus, the dog star?  As in "Sirius the largest and most brilliant star in the heavens. Situated in the mouth of the greater dog Canis Major, therefore known as the 'Dog Star'. ...

taken from:
www.crystallotus.com/TheTransition/021.htm - 17k -

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2007, 11:01:54 pm »

Mike,

Got a better link?

The fear of the dogs, I think, is that when animals sense a natural cataclysm approaching,
they flee.  That I think what is meant in the quote.
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2007, 01:17:29 pm »

Shocked  Oops, sorry the last part of that link, (-17k), messes it up.

Try this one:

http://www.crystallotus.com/TheTransition/021.htm

But now I get your drift about the dogs, LOL.  That site is okay.  There's much better stuff on "the Dog Star" in "The Sirius Mystery".  But I'm sure you've read that one "B".  If not let me know.  I have the book, and I'd be happy to post some it.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2007, 09:55:00 pm »

Great site, Sungate. Thanks.

One thing, though, I find problematic:  Where to post it?
Astrology or Egyptian Myth?
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2007, 02:49:29 pm »

Smiley  Well, I haven’t looked, but hasn’t there been a thread here on “The Sirius Mystery”?  If not we should start one.  The significance of Sirius is quite “Egyptian”, but certainly not confined to Egypt alone.  Here’s an excerpt from another site that focuses on this Dogon tribe in Africa:

http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/thalass2.htm

The Sirius Mystery
The Dogon, a tribe in West Africa, are believed to be of Egyptian descent. After living in Libya for a time, they settled in Mali, West Africa, bringing with them astronomy legends dating from before 3200 BCE. In the late 1940s, four of their priests told two French anthropologists of a secret Dogon myths about the star Sirius (8.6 light years from the earth). The priests said that Sirius had a companion star that was invisible to the human eye. They also stated that the star moved in a 50-year elliptical orbit around Sirius, that it was small and incredibly heavy, and that it rotated on its axis.
All these things happen to be true. But what makes this so remarkable is that the companion star of Sirius, called Sirius B, was first photographed in 1970. While people began to suspect its existence around 1844, it was not seen through a telescope until 1862 -- and even then its great density was not known or understood until the early decades of the twentieth century. The Dogon beliefs, on the other hand, were supposedly thousands of years old.

And this really isn’t about Astrology either.  So maybe a new thread?  Count me in if you start one, "B",  LOL.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2007, 03:50:49 pm »

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 03:54:11 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2007, 04:00:10 pm »

Shocked  Wow! Look how close that map puts the Canary Islands to Africa.  That really puts it into perspective!  Good Gosh, it looks like you could almost walk there.  If this was Atlantis, then certainly all of Nothern Africa would have been under their infulence.

If Atlantis came anywhere near as close to South America as the Canaries do to Africa, then in ancient times The Atlantic was little more than a river, separating the two continents, (at least at the northern points).  This would make the pyramid belt in the western hemisphere no more than a string of buildings, LOL.   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2007, 04:16:28 pm »

Gee, Sungate, I thought you'd gone home.....
Got the picture, eh?  There's nothing like having someone think like you do......

I was doing some 'straight' googling, without the editorializing and here's the outcome:

The Dogon are a group of people living in the central plateau region of Mali, south of the Niger bend near the city of Bandiagara in the Mopti region.(also near Timbuktu).

They number just under 800,000.The Dogon are best known for their mythology, their mask dances, wooden sculpture and their architecture. The past century has seen significant changes in the social organization, material culture and beliefs of the Dogon, partly because Dogon country is one of Mali's major tourist attractions.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2007, 02:59:42 pm »

New thread up, Sungate:

THE DOGONS OF MALI

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,3503.msg33366.html#new
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 99   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: