Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:04:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Depeche Mode, 'Heaven': The First New Single From Pop Legends Debuts (VIDEO)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Depeche Mode, 'Heaven': The First New Single From Pop Legends Debuts (VIDEO)  (Read 192 times)
Sentihauke

« on: January 31, 2013, 09:18:26 pm »

Depeche Mode, 'Heaven': The First New Single From Pop Legends Debuts (VIDEO)

Posted: 01/30/2013 2:55 pm EST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy7FzXLin7o&feature=player_embedded&list=UU90vR_MFeheV3V6nmjvXIng#t=0s

A Los Angeles radio station debuted Depeche Mode's "Heaven" a day earlier than expected, sending the new single over the airwaves Wednesday morning.

The new track is firmly in the band's wheelhouse, which makes sense given that songwriter Martin Gore said he wanted to return the group to the sound of its best years.

UPDATE: The track's video has been released -- take a look above.

“Writing this album was incredibly daunting as I wanted the sound of this collection to be very modern," Gore said in press materials announcing the band's upcoming album, "Delta Machine." "I want people to feel good about listening to this record, to get some kind of peace. It’s just got something magical about it."

Though a video is set to be released on Friday, the song's audio is currently only available at K-ROQ's website.

“With this release we’ve completely shifted our idea of how to create an album. When we hit a wall where we realize the album is beginning to sound too normal, we'll mess it up and really give it that organic Depeche Mode sound, frontman Dave Gahan said. “'Delta Machine' is no different, and I can't wait for all of our fans to hear it.”

"Delta Machine" will be released March 26 (Columbia) and be accompanied by a 28-page book chock full of photos from the band's longtime friend Anton Corbijn.

Here's the tracklisting for the album (a deluxe addition also includes the b-side to heaven, "All That's Mine," as well as "Happens All the Time," "Long Time Lie" and "Always"):

1. Welcome To My World
2. Angel
3. Heaven
4. Secret To The End
5. My Little Universe
6. Slow
7. Broken
8. The Child Inside
9. Soft Touch/Raw Nerve
10. Should Be Higher
11. Alone
12. Soothe My Soul
13. Goodbye
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sentihauke

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 09:20:02 pm »

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Remastered Video)
© 2006 WMG Personal Jesus (Remastered Video)
Report Spam   Logged
Sentihauke

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:20:48 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Sentihauke

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:21:40 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Sentihauke

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:22:10 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print