Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 04:42:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Atlantis Organization and Bahamas Research

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Atlantis Organization and Bahamas Research  (Read 2911 times)
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 09:45:56 pm »

Hi Paul,

Yes = Dr. Masaaki Kimura, a marine geologist and his colleagues.  He was interviewed by Graham Hancock in Underworld, and he has been at the forefront of every news article on Yonaguni.   Here's the latest video clip of him and the ruins:
http://www.reuters.com/news/video/videoStory?videoId=64604

Thanks for the clip, I will look him up and see if I can find any of his reports.

If you have The Mysteries of Atlantis Revisited you'll notice that it is co-written by Dr. Doug Richards, and the section on Bimini describes some of the activites of Gaea Project led by Dr. Joan Hanley. Dr. Richards also wrote a chapter in the Littles' 2003 book The A.R.E.'s Search for Atlantis   and he dove with Dr. David Zink in the Poseidia expeditions as early as 1976.  Some of this work was in the TV documentary series "In Search Of" hosted by Leonard Nimoy such as "In Search of Atlantis" and "In Search of the Bimini Wall", and a number of other documentaries in the 80s and 90s. 

Unfortunately, the website for Gaea Project went down years ago and Joan never put it back up.  She did very expensive and intense exploration work near Bimini in 1998 and no one knows what the results were.  She didn't share with TAO/APEX, and her reports could not be located at the A.R.E. though she claims to have submitted them.  It's very strange.  Sometimes people don't want their finds to "get away from them."

Thanks, is the Hanley stuff anywhere else on the web?

The story does have suspicious details, but I also can't find a motive for deception.  Where's the payoff?  And why in interviews was he confident that it would be found soon and willing to point out the area on a map?  Nearly everyone thinks that the Berry's region is a likely place to find ruins for a settlement.  However, it's also where AUTEC has had their test ranges, and I used to think that they might be squatting on the ruins (Brown's site) there especially after this report:
http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue18/18bermuda.html

Well, where is the motive for other deceptions, like Aaron Duvall?  Check this guy out:

I'VE FOUND ATLANTIS !!
THIS IS NO JOKE!
I HAVE FOUND ATLANTIS AND AM WILLINGTO SHOW THE LOCATION
OF THE "CITY OF ATLANTIS" TO THEFIRST PERSON OR PERSONS
THAT PRODUCE A FREE GRANT OF
$8,000,000. U.S.
FOR A GUIDED THREE DAY AND THREE NIGHTS ROYAL TOUR OF THE
CITY OF ATLANTIS!
FOR THIS YOU GET T O SEE THE ONCE LOSTCITY WITH ALL
OF IT'S GLORY AND IT'S TEMPLE.
THIS IS THE SAME ATLANTIS THAT PLATOTHE GREEK PHILOSOPHER
SPOKE OF IN 400 B.C.
OVER 24,000 BOOKS HAVE BEEN WRITTENON THE SUBJECT, SCHOLARS
HAVE ARGUED ABOUT THIS TOPIC EVER SINCE,MANY HAVE SEARCHED AND NOW
I OFFER TO YOU A SITE NOT SEEN BY ANYMODERN DAY MAN,
EXCEPT ME. ; RESEARCHER, EXPLORER,AND DISCOVERER OF
THE ONCE "LOST CITY OF ATLANTIS,"
Mr. JERRY D. QUERRARD.

There are a lot of people out to make money off of all this out there.

Desiree
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Horus

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 03:59:46 pm »

Thanks, is the Hanley stuff anywhere else on the web?

Hi Desiree,

No, unfortunately not.  All we have are Dr. Doug Richard's reports published in the Littles' book and Mysteries of Atlantis because Doug was with Joan on many of her expeditions.  I'm not sure if Doug was with the 1998 one, but Bill D. was there for part of it and his account is below. I also still have a record of the basic description of her GAEA PROJECT from their long-lost website:

"GAEA Project, Inc., was founded by Dr. Joan Hanley in 1988. GAEA, the Greek word for "our mother, Earth", is also an acronym for Global Approach to Earth Antiquity, the fundamental purpose of the group,which first came together on the island of Bimini in the Bahamas a decade ago. Representing many professions and callings, most of the participants were also members of the Association for Research and Enlightenment and were familiar with the readings of Edgar Cayce, the great American Christian psychic, who has a high documentation of accuracy in his readings. Cayce had much to say about antiquity and man's origin, some of it pointing to Bimini. Cayce talked about a great high civilization he called Atlantis that he placed in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, as had Plato in about 300 B.C. and Ignatious Donnelly in the late 1800's. In 1926, Cayce, however, went a step further and was the first person ever to designate Bimini as the site of existing remnants of that civilization, giving locations and possible discovery dates (in addition to the Canary Islands and the West Indies.)  Investigations by A.R.E. members in the 30's to 60's had found little.  Things changed in 1968, when Dr. Manson Valentine discovered a huge underwater anomaly later called the Bimini Road. Investigators from all over the world then converged and debated about the "road's" structure.  Was it a natural formation, or man-made? In 1988, the jury was still out.

Global in interest, but self-funded for the most part, the GAEA Project originator decided to focus attention on a worthy and doable facet of the big picture by concentrating on all of the Bimini and western Bahamas area, using every means available, involving scientitific oversight: research into the available literature, information from prior investigators and residents of the area, and aerial, land-based and underwater investigation, and the clues in the Cayce readings.

Reports were to be explicit about identifying factual data from unproven conjecture. All sites were to be left uncontaminated for future researchers.

Every year since 1989, missions of exploration and later, scientific research with the approval of the Bahamian government have been conducted. In our first aerial survey, the enigmatic "effigy" shark, rectangle and cat mounds on Eastern North Bimini were noted, followed by surveys, ground-penetrating radar investigation, corings and excavation.  Investigators tramped the islands seeking out sources of the "fresh, healing water," Edgar Cayce talked about. Many dives all around the islands, and a coring on the Bimini Road added to our information about that site. Aerial investigations were made of the geometric shapes on the shallow sand banks to the east, between Bimini and Andros Island.

The Edgar Cayce readings had talked about ancient ruins still existing along the Bimini dropoff bordering the Gulf Stream, in 200 to 300 feet of water. In 1989, exploring these clues was virtually impossible, in both cost and practical terms. In 1996, however, noting that remote sensing technology was now finally affordable to the public, a GAEA Project team explored miles of sea bottom with the use of side-scan sonar, and used the newly available hand-held global satellite positioner to fix the locations of the likliest spots, (those with unnatural shapes), returning to dive on them. (Returning accurately to a desired dive site had been very difficult until then.)

The team soon realized that recreational divers faced severe obstacles in attempting to investigate efficiently the deepwater sites. Drift dives at the 140 foot depth required to get to the top of the Bimini dropoff, where we particularly wanted to look, could only be 8 minutes long, and would be limited to one or two per day. "Bottom time" was too limited for our purposes.

In 1998, with funding from the Law of One Foundation, a group of technical divers, Technical Diving Solutions, was hired to carry out deep diving missions. These divers, using mixed gases, were able to do difficult and risky dives to depths of 300 feet, for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the depth reached. They brought back videos of several fascinating anomalies, including projections which extended from the Bimini dropoff, unsupported, out into the Gulf Stream; apparent roadways
from ancient times, and cave openings.

In order to increase bottom-time for the GAEA Project investigators, and get accurate "fixes" on prime sites, a three-man submersible, Clelia, with support vessel, Sea Diver, was chartered from Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute in Ft. Pierce, Florida, the summer of 1999. In addition to accomplishing the mission goals, and securing closeup videos, several new sites were discovered.

The next step is for an expanded team of technical divers, led by a marine geologist, to dive the most important sites on the Bimini vertical dropoff. They plan to determine the nature of the "roadways" and the projections, and other formations, and look for large caves, where uncontaminated artifacts may be located. The Cayce readings said to look for evidence of Atlantis under the "...slime of ages of seawater--near what is known as Bimini, off the coast of Florida." Reading 440-5, 12/20/33. He recommended that if a geological survey were to be made "in expecially, or notably, in Bimini and in the Gulf Stream through this vicinity, these may even yet be determined." Reading 364-3, 2/16/32.

Edgar Cayce offered 1998 as a date in which discoveries might be made.  While underwater findings were made in that year, will they may be proven to be man-made or natural formations?. Certainly the depth at which they were found, around 200 feet, was dry land in the 10,000 to 8,000 B.C. time period. Or will investigation of these enigmas open the Pandora's box of more irresistable questions to be answered and vistas to be explored? The GAEA Project mission of looking in the ocean where Edgar Cayce said to look, within his time-frame has been attempted, and to the best of our ability, carried out. The search for new information will continue, wherever the evidence may lead. The goal of GAEA Project continues to be to assist in the uncovering of man's place in antiquity, a great and potentially helpful story."

Bill Donato was part of  Gaea Project's August 1998 expedition two months after his own Project: Alta  foray in June.  Here is his account of it from the Atlantis Organization's newsletter:

The GAEA Project Expedition -August 1998

Joan Hanley had planned and scheduled an expedition for August that was to add a valuable new element to the investigations: "tech divers". "Tech divers" use specialized gas mixtures and equipment to dive much deeper and longer than can be done with conventional diving apparatus. It allows divers to go down hundreds of feet. [Someone of recent acquaintance has told me of diving to 500 feet, but it took him eight hours to come back up because of the necessary decompression procedure.] It is an extremely dangerous job that is highly equipment dependent. The chief research advantages are that it allows direct observation and "hands on" investigation. Along with submarines and Remotely Operated Vehicles (or "ROV's") it is the standard method of investigating at depths of several hundred feet. By way of comparison: if you were using conventional diving equipment with ordinary air tanks you would only have four or five minutes of actual "down time" at a depth of about 180 feet. Clearly, little can be done in such a small amount of time.

Donnie Fields had talked to Joan about the side-scan sonar images we had obtained and it was thought that we might be able to verify them, either by diving on the target areas ourselves or by having the tech divers do it if the targets were at greater depths. Joan invited me to join her expedition (for which I thank her) and I accepted, providing copies of the side-scan data to her and some of the others. Joan had also obtained the services of Dr. Michael Fought, an archeologist who is an expert with the use of side-scan sonar, to scan some of her pre-selected targets as well as to do a side-scan grid over the Bimini Road. Though we had scanned part of it in 1993 it was simply because it was part of our pre-selected course, whereas Joan's goal was to do a comprehensive scan of this particular featme. The results ultimately came out quite nicely under Dr. Faught's skillful use of the equipment.

Whereas our primary difficulty in the June expedition had been a resource whose owner was unreliable, Joan had a significantly more difficult situation with which to deal: "Hurricane Hugo". We both had problems of a technical nature with our respective side-scan sonar units, specifically the cables, which tend to be prone to various problems. There was even the very real possibility of the storm hitting Bimini, so we kept tabs on its progress by watching the TV coverage. Most of what we saw was little more than speculation and was sensationalistic, playing on peoples fears about what could happen, regardless of how likely it might be. Suggestions for preparations that could be taken to minimize potential damage were far more useful. Though there were some significant squalls that passed through Bimini, most were over in mere minutes. This weather front had significant impact upon the water conditions, though surprisingly we ended up with some days of good underwater visibility.

I was especially pleased to see John Holden, Jr., as one of the members as it had been many years since I'd seen him or been in contact, and he had been one of the original people in the first Quest For Atlantis Conference that Joan Hanley and Vanda Osmon had put together back in 1989. Gypsy, Jonathan, Ann, and Steve had contributed their skills on prior expeditions and had proved their worth -as they did again here. Donnie, as always, was indespensible. A little later in the day Joan had called a meeting to get input from everyone. I videotaped it and as I reviewed it before writing this I noted how adaptable and pragmatic we have all become due to the frequent necessity of modifying plans due to changing conditions and circumstances. I think this has been to our advantage and makes us better adapted and more efficient to work in that environment. Equipment and water conditions have become the great rods of chastisement for us and can dictate success or failure. Backup plans have frequently become the primary plan.

Joan had Dr. Faught's crew out doing side-scan sonar when sea conditions permitted and Donnie, Ann, and Steve had already done some diving when I had arrived. I was anxious to see the "Trinity Stones" Donnie had found during our 1999 expedition as well as what they had found so far.

On Thursday, August 20, 1998 Donnie, Ann, Steve, Jonathan (my dive partner) and I went out to dive on the Bimini Road. Jonathan and I headed over to the other side of the "J" (the eastern side). We were more or less heading north trying to locate Dr. Zink's stone pattern so that we could photographically document it since it had never been done --and detractors had claimed that it didn't even exist. On that eastern side Jonathan noticed a coring hole and pointed it out to me. Moments later I noticed another one as well. It is obvious that these had been here a number of years because of the material growing around them, perhaps from the 1970's when most of those were done. I had also noted a "ridge", or tenon, running along one of the stones-- something I've been noting with increasing frequency over that past few years. "In situ" stones with mortise and tenon features give strong testimony to this being a legitimate archeological site. In this vicinity I noted an expanse of sea grass to the north of that section of the Road which could easily be growing over other stones. There was also a section of chain nearby. After this Jonathan and I headed back. The photographs came out fairly good from this dive.

We were not to dive for a couple of days because of water and weather conditions and so occupied ourselves with other activities. As it so happened one of the days everyone thought it would be bad for diving turned out to have excellent visibility. It was so good it looked as if you could almost see some underwater features from the shore. On one of these days I had taken a walk up to the Rockwell Estate (the "Big House") which now houses a restaurant. While heading there along the side of Bimini Bay I noticed an unusual rock and picked it up. It was a little smaller than a tennis ball (perhaps intermediate in size between that and a handball). It was red granite. In fact it was the reddest granite I have ever seen, almost close to brick red or Apache red in color. While I was out I took a look to see how the work on the new (still unbuilt) resort was progressing. The trees that had been cut down had started to grow back. The weather changed rapidly as the wind began to blow strongly and rain started to pour down. Because of the strange sound I thought I might actually get caught in the middle of a hurricane, so I started to hurry
back. Within a few minutes it had passed. Apparently it was simply a squall that had passed through, though it was certainly stronger and longer than the others.

The next dive was on Saturday, August 22, 1998 in the vicinity of the Bimini Road with Donnie as my dive partner and the same group as before. She showed me a sandy area bordered by an expanse of sea grass. Inside of it was a line of stones roughly diagonal to the Road and a few independent ones.. This.should now qualify as a previously unknown part of the Road.  Though we have seen individual stones outside of the Road on several occasions, this was unique and will hopefully act as a stimulus for others to extend the search past the formerly observed boundaries of the feature.

We did a second dive on the same day. There was the same team and dive partner. This time, we would be looking at the "Trinity Stones" (actually people were calling it the "Trinity Stone", though since there are three the plural is more accurate) which Donnie and crew had discovered at the end of the previous "Project: Alta" expedition. Steve and Ann located it this time out. The "Trinity Stones" are located on the curve of the "J" (the southern section of the Road) about two thirds of the way to the west from the east, or conversely one third of the way in east from the western border. They seem to be in a slightly depressed area. Donnie wanted to mark the stones with some fluorescent pink colored plastic tape-like material (much like police use to cordon off areas) so that it would be more easy to locate in the future and I wanted to thoroughly document it photographically. The feature is composed of three stones setting directly atop one another.  The curious thing is that the center stone looks the most artificial with sharp clearly delineated angles and edges. The top stone measured three feet two inches by three feet. [There were also some sea urchins in the vicinity which we avoided.] I photographed it from every angle. Afterwards, while others were assisting, I looked around and actually found another feature composed of three stones setting one atop the other. This was to the east of the "Trinity Stones" and was decidedly larger, but the shapes were nowhere as clearly delineated. Toward the end of this dive Morris reported to those on the surface that the anchor was lost. We spread out, went , down and began the search. It was eventually recovered and we headed back. I had great hopes for the pictures, but discovered that due to a mechanical error with the camera nothing had come out. I was especially disappointed as I was providing duplicates of the videos and photographs to Joan as a way of saying thanks and as a way of contributing to that project.

On Sunday, August 23, 1998, we did another dive in the vicinity of the Road. On this dive Ann and Steve were my dive partners while Jonathan stayed in the boat as he was the operator on that day. It was my first attempt at videotaping the Road with the Plexiglas housing that Tony Jones of "Coral Reef" had given to me. The visibility was only about twenty five feet this time. I started at the curve of the "J" and headed up its inner (eastern) side heading north. About half way up I noticed there was a very small amount of water in the videocam housing, but it didn't seem enough to be a problem. Apparently there was a very small leak around one of the "O"-rings. It was such a small one that even had I briefly tested it beforehand it's unknown if it would have been detected. This was my fault as I should have replaced the original "O"-rings. At any rate we located the coring hole again. At this point I decided that the water leaking into the ,: camera was more than I wished and headed back to the boat, noting a large rectangular stone setting by itself of light color with a very flat face to the west of the "J", which I think the others must also have seen. Though the video came out okay, considering the reduced visibility, the videocam wasn't so lucky. The water had apparently "fried" part of the circuit board as the people at Canon told me. I would end up purchasing a new one later. This was to end up being the last actual dive we completed together.

Later in the week Joan, Gypsy, Donnie, John, Jonathan, Ann, Steve, and I headed out to hopefully try and locate the feature resembling a pyramid from the side-scan sonar from the June 1998 "Project: Alta" expedition. Jonathan was piloting the boat. When we got to the approximate location (which we now know was wrong) the group reached a consensus that the water was a bit too choppy for safe diving and so headed back. It would be attempted later (after I had gone) by
John, Jonathan, Ann, and Steve.  Though the "tech divers" found my side-scan images interesting they didn't dive on them until after I'd left. Fortunately the flight out offered me the opportunity to get some excellent photos (close up) of the "Rectangle" at "East Site" (I've used them in our project prospectus). This "feature is approximately 1/2 by 1/4 mile in size with severe right angles, the depth inside being greater than that on the outside, possibly suggesting that it may have been some sort of reservoir in ancient times.  Joan called me a few weeks later to fill me in on how things turned out. She said that the tech divers had gone out to the coordinates indicated on our side-scan, but found only sand. They proceeded westward about 1/4 to 1/2 mile further out and found what they described as looking
like mountain trails with switchbacks. [Not only was this verified by videocamera in both our 1999 submarine investigations as well as Joan's, I found one of these "switchbacks" on the 1993 " "Project: Alta" side-scan.] Even more impressive were the divers reports of large rectangular shapes on the ocean floor. At the A.R.E.'s Atlantis conference (1999) Joan showed one of the photos with a large rectangle defined by at least three straight pathways intersecting at right angles. I was very impressed by it. The evidence just keeps mounting.

-end-

Blessings,
Paul
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:32:44 pm by Horus » Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: