Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:28:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Jim Starlin Confirms Thanos for Both 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Avengers 2'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jim Starlin Confirms Thanos for Both 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Avengers 2'  (Read 344 times)
Destro

« on: January 10, 2013, 11:28:56 pm »

Thanos Confirmed for Both 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Avengers 2'

by Ethan Anderton   
September 19, 2012
Source: Cosmic Book News

Thanos

Much like confirming James Gunn directing Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday, this update for Phase Two of Marvel's cinematic universe isn't surprising, but it's just nice to get some confirmation. Cosmic Book News (via Movies.com) spoke with Marvel comics creator and rights holder Jim Starlin at the Montreal Comic-Con and revealed that a deal is in place for his character Thanos to not only appear in Guardians of the Galaxy, but also The Avengers 2. This isn't surprising since the character appeared in the mid-credits scene in The Avengers, but fans have been wondering just how he'll fit into the franchise. More below!

Since audiences saw the tease at the end of The Avengers, it's been unclear whether it was a tease for Thanos to show up in The Avengers 2 or perhaps he would show up sooner. But consider the cosmic ensemble in Guardians of the Galaxy has a couple characters with direct ties to the villain, it's not shocking to learn that Thanos will show up in both. There's a chance that one appearance in either film might just be a credits appearance again, but I'm betting Thanos is the main villain in Guardians of the Galaxy, and we might see him team up with somebody like Red Skull, who we last saw getting sucked into the depths of space by way of the cosmic cube, in The Avengers 2. That's just a guess though. What do you think?

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/thanos-confirmed-for-both-guardians-of-the-galaxy-and-avengers-2/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_31603
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Destro

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:33:59 pm »

Exclusive: Thanos Confirmed For Guardians of the Galaxy Movie and The Avengers 2
CBN › News › Movie News
Posted by: Matt McGloin, Editor/Publisher
September 18, 2012 19:30 | Updated: 9 weeks 23 hours Ago

The Mad Titan known as Thanos made his presence known during the mid-credit scene of The Avengers movie.

With a smile, Thanos was revealed to be the villain behind the Chitauri invasion upon the Earth.

It's long since been rumored and even hinted upon my Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige that Thanos would be appearing in the 2014 Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Feige has all but said Thanos is in the movie.

Now we learn that not only will the Mad Titan Thanos be featured in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie — but The Avengers 2 as well.

We previously reported that Thanos creator Jim Starlin was in talks with Marvel about "something," with it theorized that it was over the rights to Thanos.

Now, a Cosmic Book News regular, Armand Rock, has confirmed through Jim Starlin that Thanos will be in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie and The Avengers 2.

3194 Armand Rock attended the recent Montreal Comic-Con and spoke with Jim Starlin who said that the deal is already in place. Jim Starlin even mentioned that Thanos will appear in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie in 2014 and The Avengers 2 in 2015.

The news is not that surprising, as most assumed Thanos would go on to become the Avengers major villain in The Avengers 2, but what it may reveal is that there might be another villain in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Adam Warlock and The Magus are rumored.

The Avengers 2 assembles May 1, 2015 with Iron Man 3 on May 3, 2013, Thor: The Dark World on November 8, 2013, Captain America: Winter Soldier on April 4, 2014, and the Guardians of the Galaxy movie on August 1, 2014.

Head on over to the Cosmic Book News The Avengers Movie Hub for more news, images and trailers.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-thanos-confirmed-guardians-galaxy-movie-and-avengers-2
Report Spam   Logged
Destro

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:44:32 pm »

Marvel and Jim Starlin Are In Talks; Over Thanos and The Avengers?
CBN › News › Movie News
Posted by: Matt McGloin, Editor/Publisher
September 06, 2012 15:19 | Updated: 14 weeks 15 hours Ago

Previously, we heard from Jim Starlin that Marvel didn't bother telling him about the post-credit scene in The Avengers movie featuring his cosmic character, Thanos.

Marvel Studios didn't even bother giving the legendary comic book creator free tickets to the movie or an invite to the premiere.

And we also learned that Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige was a big outer space fan, and that The Avengers director Joss Whedon was a fan of of Starlin, Thanos and another of Starlin's creations with Adam Warlock.

So something wasn't adding up.

Then Marvel announced a new Thanos project, a prequel origin series, Thanos: Son of Titan, written by Joe Keatinge. It was a five issue series that was to see an October release; however, Marvel ended up pulling the project, with Editors Stephen Wacker and Tom Brevoort stating it had been delayed.

Marvel, again, didn't consult Jim Starlin on that Thanos project, with Starlin questioning statements made by Wacker as to if Wacker had ever read any of his work prior to Infinity Gauntlet. There has even been some mention that the project may have been delayed over a possible feud over the rights to Thanos between Marvel and Starlin as well.

Now, in an interview with the website ComicBookTherapy, Starlin questions if writer Joe Keatinge knew what he was talking about.

I did talk to the author of it and he told me that they were going to go through and pretty much stick with what I had put down and he was going to do some time things with his mother that I didn’t quite understand what he was talking about. It sounded like he had a good recap, which I’m not quite sure why you would need that these days because you have all the books in print.

2910 Things with Starlin and Marvel went sour back in 2004 when Starlin was on the Thanos comic book series. Reportedly, Marvel was going ahead with a new Adam Warlock series and didn't even bother mentioning this to Starlin, as the character was appearing in his book. Of course Starlin approached his editor, who apparently told him to quit if he didn't like it, which is exactly what Starlin did.

Since Starlin's departure, Thanos went on to take part in the resurgence of Marvel Cosmic with Keith Giffen's Annihilation and subsequent appearances in Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning's Guardians of the Galaxy and The Thanos Imperative, as well as the recent Brian Michael Bendis scribed Avengers Assemble. However, Starlin tells Comic Book Therapy he hasn't been keeping up with the Mad Titan since he left Marvel.

As far as the books go, I stopped reading Thanos when I stopped writing it, so I have no feelings about anything anyone’s done with it because I don’t know what they are.

Starlin does say that he is excited to see more from Thanos on the big screen and fills us in that he is in talks with Marvel's Senior Vice President of Business Affairs and Talent Management, David Bogart,

Marvel and I are now talking. I can’t say anything more than that at this point about it.

I promised David Bogart I would say he was the best thing since sliced bread in my next interview. Things are doing much better, but you know we’re not done yet and will be eventually.

Perhaps things with Marvel are indeed on the upswing, with Starlin even posting the following enigmatic message on his Facebook less than a day ago.

Today was a very good day and that's all I can say.

You can head on over for more from Jim Starlin and read who his choice to voice Thanos is at the link above.

Jim Starlin also has some of his own comics coming out with Mindgames, and he is also working with IDW on the new Dredd series.

Perhaps something Marvel Comics related is in the future as well?

We can hope.

(Jim Starlin image source: Tony Barletta FB)

http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/content/marvel-and-jim-starlin-are-talks-over-thanos-and-avengers
Report Spam   Logged
Destro

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 11:45:25 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Destro

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 11:45:47 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Destro

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 11:46:21 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print