Height to Weight Ratio Chart

(1/2) > >>

Talya:
Height to Weight Ratio Chart

» Calculators and Charts

By Disabled World - 2007-10-28

Calculate your ideal weight to height ratio using the handy height to weight guide chart to help you avoid obesity related illness or even future disability later in life.

Height to Weight Ratio Chart:

Health experts worldwide agree that adults who are overweight and have weight related medical problems or a family history of such problems can benefit from weight loss. Even a small weight loss of 10 to 20 pounds can improve your overall general health by lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.

Maintaining a healthy weight is very important for protection against obesity related illness or disability. If your weight is currently over the healthy range for your height, losing weight will certainly be beneficial to your health, your looks and how you feel. Check your height to weight ratio using the approximate height to weight chart guide below.

If you're underweight you may need to gain some weight, this should always be done as part of a balanced and nutritious diet, see the New Food Pyramid. In addition you should also be sure to Calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI)

If your weight is in the ok range then you're eating the correct amount of food to keep your weight in the desirable range for health. However, if you are overweight for your height, try to cut down on the amount you're eating, especially food and drinks high in fat or sugar, and try to do more physical activity, exercises, workouts, etc., as being over weight can increase your risk of heart disease, type II diabetes, high blood pressure, and osteoarthritis. Be sure to check with your doctor if you need to lose weight and had problems losing it in the past.

Note: Ages 1 Mth to 20 years see Height to Weight Chart - Babies to Teenagers

So What is the right weight for my height?

How much should you weigh according to your height? This height to weight chart is a guideline to an Adults ideal bodyweight:

Female Height to Weight Ratio

Male Height to Weight Ratio

Height

Low

Target

High

Height

Low

Target

High

4' 10"

5' 1"

4' 11"

5' 2"

5' 0"

5' 3"

5' 1"

5' 4"

5' 2"

5' 5"

5' 3"

5' 6"

5' 4"

5" 7"

5' 5"

5' 8"

5' 6"

5' 9"

5' 7"

5' 10"

5 '8"

5' 11"

5' 9"

6' 0"

5' 10"

6' 1"

5' 11"

6' 2"

6' 0"

6' 3"

Disabled World - Disability News for all the Family: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height_weight.shtml#ixzz2G6R4c9SA

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height_weight.shtml

Talya:

Talya:
Note: The comment form we were using is currently being worked on to help decrease spam - We have left the comments in place for this page as it may help provide answers to others.

muscle weight gain - Hi, I was wondering if there is a different height to weight ratio chart for those who weight lift? - david alvarado - 02/28/2007

weight at 5' 7" - how do you gain weight if you have a fast metabolism? - merge - 03/03/2007

re: muscle weight gain - I'm sure there is but it doesn't matter wether the weight is from muscle or from fat, it is still putting extra pressure on the heart which is unhealthy. - George - 03/04/2007

Metabolism - How is is that you can have fast metabolism as a child, but when you hit 16 you get fat at the hips and tummy? how do you lose it? - Jessica - 03/05/2007

- I'm 5ft 4" and i weigh 57kg. My partner and I have recently taken up jogging, we always try to eat healthy (we allow ourselves one day per week when we splurge) I am finding I'm not loosing weight, I really do push myself when I jog. I realize muscle weighs more than fat, but I'm sort of fustrated that I can't see a lot of results. My body type is pear shape, is there maybe a better exercise I can do to tone up? - Tracey Schwarz - 03/07/2007

height - What height does 13 years old teen supose to have the normal. - Daniel - 03/07/2007

hope this is helpfull - you guys might want to try this site, it's a bit more teenager friendly (people under 20 should have their BMIs handled a little differently):

second, muscle mass has A LOT to do with it, in fact, your body type has a lot to do with things. I'm peronally 18, female, 5'6", 149lbs, and have a... I believe the word is mesomorphic body type. That's indicated by my hour glass shape, but it means that I have very dense bones and I have more muscle mass which is easier to build than other body types, which means my BMI is just generally going to be higher than other people's. I'm going to shoot for getting down to 142 like weight watchers suggests, but I'm not sure if I'll look gross when I get there because I've got a large rib cage and broad shoulders that stick out enough as it is. Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is do some researching, adjust to what you think your body type entails, and muscle mass is perfectly fine to put on, and is not accounted for with the BMI, much like body type. And Tracy, there's this website, teenspot.com, they've got an awsome Health and Fitness board, wicked helpfull! - Kerry - 03/12/2007

weight gain - I'm 5.7" weighing 137 lbs, what should be my ideal weight and also my body type is skinny so how can I get a more fuller body. Any diet that I need to take up for the desired result? - Parvez - 03/20/2007

wieght - Hi, I am so happy to see this chart i would just like to state that you are a great website, that really shows people the information that is needed, I am 5'4'' and I weigh 117 which is low, the thing is i am 17 and I always feel as though I weigh too much or look fat, but with your website I was able to see that I am in fact normal or even a little thin! thank you for helping me to see this. I was about to diet but I now see that I am fine where in at I don't NEED to lose any weight! - elsa - 03/20/2007

Over weight - It seems unrealisitc for someone to be 6 feet and 3 inches and to have a target weight of 179 pounds. - chuck - 03/21/2007

re: over wieght - I am also 6'3" tall, and I do a lot of excercise, and eat healthily. I currently weigh about 165 lbs. People are always harassing me about my physique, sometimes asking me if i am anorexic. So according to the chart you may be a little over your recommended weight, but you are probably closer to being proportional in your physique. So from a social aspect I wouldn't worry too much. But keep in mind this chart is only how height and weight affect heart health. When you are taller your heart has to work more to pump blood to your extremeties. Which is probably why the recommended weight seems more and more unreasonable as the height goes up. - josh - 03/24/2007

Females over the 6 foot mark - So, according to your chart, females aren't supposed to be taller than 6 feet tall? I am 6'4", and have yet to find a chart that address this misconception. If that is all the taller that you are willing to show, at least explain the formula of how to find your healthy weight for those who aren't on the chart. - Cheryl - 04/02/2007

Are we not suppose to be that TALL? - I agree with Cheryl. It is about time society accommodated the fact that people are now getting taller (the tallest man in GB is 7' 6") Not only would it be nice to appear on the charts, but door heights, work surface need to be higher, more leg room on planes, the list goes on..... come on designers accommodate us all! - Jackie - 04/24/2007

The ideal weight for someone my height - I am a 44 year old female. I am 4'10 in height. I am currently 173 lbs. Can someone please tell me what the ideal weight is for someone my height. - Sandra - 04/28/2007

- hey im 6'3 weigh about 151 pounds. So Im pretty light for my size. is that unhealthy? I play sports so i try to gain weight but it seems pretty impossible even w lifting each week and eating carbs. what can i do> - chris - 04/30/2007

weight - I am female, 6ft 1, and I would like to know what my ideal weight should be in stones please - Lorna - 05/14/2007

Am I proportional - I am 6' 2'' tall and weigh 172lbs but i play football and lift weights daily what should be my reccomended weight? - Tom - 05/30/2007

height - hi, i am 5ft 11, nearly 6 foot, i just turned sixteen does anyone know how tall i will get - haroon - 06/19/2007

Height-weight charts and BMI are outdated - I am a practicing fitness professional with a M.S. in exercise science. I am profoundly aggravated by the use of height-weight charts to set standards for people. The chart attached to this article was developed by Metropolitan Life (yes, the insurance company) based on accuarial tables from the 1950's. While in recent years, obesity concerns have risen significantly, so have the weights of very healthy individuals. The height-weight charts should be replaced by Body composition testing (body fat percentages). BMI is also a joke. It has become the catch phrase for those trying to overcome the static the old H-W charts have been getting for years, but when you invert the BMI calculations, what do they tie back to--the damn height-weight charts. If you want a greater understanding of whether your weight is right for you, have a body composition test done and have a strong knowledge of your family health history and risk factors. I have seen very healthy people in the 230-240# range at 6 feet tall be told they don't qualify for premium insurance because they "weigh" too much. Screw the insurance companies, they are just trying to find ways to increase premiums. Thanks for listening to me vent. Hope it can be helpful to some of you. - Bruce - 06/25/2007

weight loss - I stand about 5'0 feet tall and weigh about 117 lbs.. I know I'm not obese but I would like to lose maybe 10 lbs.. I've been jogging for 2 weeks now, 30 mins a day and don't seem to show any results.. I'm thinking maybe because it's the foods I eat and I do consme about 3-4 alcoholic drinks a week..?? What is your suggestion? - Ann - 06/25/2007

weight confusion - Alright, so I'm 5'4" and I, according to my doctor, weigh 185 lbs...I have no clue how since when compared to a friend of the same height and weight I am about half of them...not kidding! I mean, physically I look like I should way a LOT less...Anyone know how that's even possible?! - Jess - 06/28/2007

Height & Weight - What is the ideal weight for a 5'5" 12 year old boy? - Aaron - 07/01/2007

weight - i am 25 and just lost13 lbs. i know weigh 118 i am 5'4" and would like to get down to around 113. your chart says its unhealthy but ive always been very thin and have always had an eating disorder. how do i lose more weight without going back to my disorder? - amanda - 07/05/2007

Skinny - I am 6'4"-6'5" I weigh about 150, and have so for a while now. I can not gain weight because my body no long yearns for a three meals a day. I only eat one a day, and half the time it is not a full meal. I am not not hungry. Just wondering if anyone knows what is wrong with me? I went to a doctor and he said it seems to be leading towards Anorexia nervosa, and I am just not to convinced I am near that. - Drew - 07/07/2007

height to weight ratio chart - if your weight increases,is it possible you can increase in height as well? Im a boy and about to turn 15. since last august i've gained 15 to 20 pounds and grew well over an inch during that time. now im 5'9'' and weigh 165 pounds! - height and weight - 07/09/2007

weight gain - hi i have had 3 children and i am still under weight what should i do 2 gain weight. - selena - 07/18/2007

Ratio chart - My height is 159 And weight is 55.2 kg.. am i overweight?? i wish to lose weight but what is the normal weight for my height?? - Linda - 07/19/2007

am i ok - i feel like im so fat i weight 132.8 and im only 14 i am 6.5 and i think i have a problem with my weight - kc - 07/19/2007

Weight and Age - I just turned 15 and I do weight lifting in my spare time and train at a gym every week I am nearly 5ft 2" and I weigh 51 kg is that ok? - sufisahab - 07/19/2007

Hey =) - I am a 25 year old woman who is 5'6" large framed and currently 223. Is the chart accurate? Should my goal weight be 150-155? - Julie - 07/19/2007

weight - how do you gain weight at 5'7'' if you've got a high metablism - connor - 07/25/2007

weight loss - i mostly eat really healthy, but i hate excersising, and i am 5"9 and usually at a constant weight of 139 lbs. i want to lose about 10 lbs. and the weight is not coming off easily. i usually eat around 1000 calories a day. how many calories do i need to consume in order to lose 10 lbs? - jessica - 07/25/2007

WEIGHT TO HEIGHT - I AM 4'6" WHAT SHOULD IT BE FOR WEIGHT & HEIGHT ON THE CHART? I AM 94LB - LINH - 07/27/2007

weight - I agree, I think it is unrealistic for someone healthy to be 6'3 and 179 lbs. I am 205 and quite fit looking - but perhaps I have wide shoulders and a bigger more muscular natural frame I weigh more? - Dean - 07/27/2007

weight - muscle isnt a strain on your heart. muscle helps burn fat and takes stress off your heart. in any weight loss program it is important to use resistance training. it turns your body into a fat furnace. for women at risk for osteoporosis it reduces your risk. look at all these 50-60 yr old people who weight lift. they sure look awsome and have better health. my advise, cut out the sweets an pop. dont ever eat after 8:00 pm. dont skip meals because it raises and drops your sugar level resulting in a slowed metabolism. reduce carbs. protein is a great food it raises your metabolism by 25% carbs only 5% i hope this was helpful. dont ever think that weight lifting isnt good. because there is not one doctor who will say it's bad. - christine - 07/28/2007

im fat - im 13 yrs. old and i weigh 150 lbs. and my height is 5'5". what should be my ideal weight for my age and height? Also, how do I lose all the extra fat? - ashley - 08/01/2007

weight to height chart for bodybuilders - HI. I am a bodybuilder. I have been lifting for over 3 yrs now. I have build lot of muscles over the time. but when I went for a medical examination (for aviation purpose)the doc told me that I am overweight due to excess muscles I am carrying. He said according to the height to weight ratio chart he can't give me a green signal to start learning to fly. - gaurav - 08/02/2007
Overweight - I am 13 and about 6'1". I need help to lose wight. I am diabetic and its hard because I have to eat a lot to regulate my blood sugar and my being over wieght is not helping because of insulin and other problems so any tips would be appreciated. - nick - 08/06/2007

Weight Gain - how do you gain weight if you have a fast metabolism and do heaps of excersise? - Julian - 08/11/2007

Weight gain - This time last year I weighed 160 lbs. and I now weigh 215 lbs. I quit smoking so I know that has something to do with it I guess but I' am unsure - jason - 08/20/2007

Answer to the most previous 'Overweight' - My brother has diabetes, and we've found the best way to lower blood sugar is by exercising. Just run up and down the stairs about ten times, and check it again. - Steven - 08/25/2007

Regarding weight! - I am about 6ft 2inches tall and recently I weighed about 62kg(136 pounds). I know most people will shout that my weight is alarmingly low for my height.I can actually hear the yelling all the way from here but I sincerely want to know if this is unhealthy for me and what steps I should take if unhealthy. - Hilary - 09/04/2007

westford - i weigh 99 pounds and im 6.1 how do i gain weight - arnald - 09/07/2007

Normal height and weight of 14 years old girl and boy up to 70 years old man and woman - hello, what is the normal weight and height of 14 to 70 years old boy and girl? - Coleen, - 09/12/2007

Am I fat? - I'm 5'2" and I'm 150 pounds.I wear 5-7 jeans in juniors. This chart says I'm fat because im over 144 and 144 is high for my height. Is this normal? Will I lose this weight?! - Lauren - 09/14/2007

I think im overweight - Im 13 and 5'5" and 153 lbs. People say im really over weight, but the chart says im just a little over weight. Plz tell me if im over or not. - Kevin - 09/24/2007

Am i fat? - I'm 13 and 6'6" and 280 pounds am I fat? I'm a girl. - Steph - 10/02/2007

lose weight - whats the best way to lose wight I'm 190 pounds? - josh - 10/18/2007

normal? - i am 5'4" tall and i weigh 123 pounds but i still think im fat. is my weight normal for my height? - becca - 10/19/2007

DO I WEIGH TO MUCH FOR MY HEIGHT - I am 6'8" and weigh about 260 pounds but I have some arm and leg muscle is that more then I should weigh at this height? - WES - 10/20/2007

I worry about my image from time to time... - Am I overweight if I'm 5'5" and 160lbs? - Zaniah - 11/13/2007

My Question. - I'll re-post, I suppose. 25 year old male, 5'7", 110lbs. Is this unhealthy? And in reguards to "Zaniah" and her image, that sounds fine to me...If you want to lose weight, it won't hurt you, but you seem to have a healthy balance. I know the balance of 5'7" and 110lbs in a grown man is underweight, but is that the same as being unapealing in society today? Does that seem repugnant to anyone. - L - 11/15/2007

Disabled World - Disability News for all the Family: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height_weight.shtml#ixzz2G6S2LTTF

Talya:
Average Height to Weight Chart - Babies to Teenagers

» Child Disability and Health

By Disabled World - 2008-03-14

Our height to weight ratio charts from newborn babies to teenage girls and boys will give you a rough idea of whether you are of average weight for your age and height.

Be aware that Height and weight ratio charts are not truly accurate measures or indicators, this is especially so for young children and teenagers.

The average height to weight chart for girls and boys below represents a very rough average that should also be used in conjunction with a BMI calculator.

You must always bear in mind that kids and teenagers have growth spurts during their young years. During this period it is quite possible to gain and lose weight rapidly, as well as add inches to their heights seemingly overnight. This is particularly so in many adolescent girls who often experience dramatic changes in weight, bone composition, height, and body fat distribution.

Also see our handy calorie calculator which will show you calories burned performing diferent activities for a duration of time.

Every baby, child, and teenager is different in the way they mature and grow during their teen years. Dieting for teens is not recommended as quite often you will find they will simply "grow out" or their "baby fat" as they mature into young adults.

In the first year your newborn baby will on average gain 8 ounces in weight each month and have an average growth of around 1/4 to 1/2 inch a month. From birth to the childs first birthday their weight will have tripled.

Your pediatrician or family physician is really the best person to consult if you are worried about your or your childs height to weight ratio as a doctor can use a medical growth chart to keep track of your progress as you mature.

Disabled World - Disability News for all the Family: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-weight-teens.shtml#ixzz2G6SM9oSv

Talya:
Newborn to Teenage Height to Weight Chart

Average Height and Weights for Boys

Average Height

Average Weight

New born

7.16 lbs

1 Month

9.15 Pounds

2 Months

10.91 Pounds

3 Months

12.56 Pounds

4 Months

14 Pounds

5 Months

15.43 Pounds

6 Months

16.53 Pounds

7 Months

17.64 Pounds

8 Months

18.74 Pounds

9 Months

19.62 Pounds

10 Months

20.28 Pounds

11 Months

21.05 Pounds

1 year old

28 -29 inches

22 lbs

13 Months

22.27 Pounds

14 Months

22.82 Pounds

15 Months

23.26 Pounds

16 Months

23.7 Pounds

17 Months

24.14 Pounds

18 Months

24.58 Pounds

19 Months

25.02 Pounds

20 Months

25.35 Pounds

21 Months

25.79 Pounds

22 Months

26.12 Pounds

23 Months

26.57 Pounds

2 years old

31 inches

28.4 lbs

3 years old

33 inches

33 lbs

4 years old

37 inches

35 -37 lbs

5 years old

40 inches

41.8 lbs

6 years old

42 inches

46.2 lbs

7 years old

44 inches

50.6 lbs

8 years old

45 inches

57.2 lbs

9 years old

49 inches

61.6 lbs

10 years old

51 inches

70.4 lbs

11 years old

52 inches

77 lbs

12 - 13 years old

58 - 62 inches

85 - 100 lbs

14 - 15 years old

63 - 66 inches

105 - 125 lbs

16 - 17 years old

67 - 70 inches

130 - 150 lbs

18 - 20 years old

68 - 70 inches

150 - 160 lbs

Average Height and Weight for Girls

Average Height

Average Weight

New born

7.16 lbs

1 Month

9.15 Pounds

2 Months

10.91 Pounds

3 Months

12.56 Pounds

4 Months

14 Pounds

5 Months

15.43 Pounds

6 Months

16.53 Pounds

7 Months

17.64 Pounds

8 Months

18.74 Pounds

9 Months

19.62 Pounds

10 Months

20.28 Pounds

11 Months

21.05 Pounds

1 year old

28 - 29 inches

21.76 lbs.

13 Months

22.27 Pounds

14 Months

22.82 Pounds

15 Months

23.26 Pounds

16 Months

23.7 Pounds

17 Months

24.14 Pounds

18 Months

24.58 Pounds

19 Months

25.02 Pounds

20 Months

25.35 Pounds

21 Months

25.79 Pounds

22 Months

26.12 Pounds

23 Months

26.57 Pounds

2 year old

30 inches

28.4 lbs.

3 year old

33 inches

30.8 lbs.

4 year old

37 inches

35.2 lbs.

5 year old

40 inches

39.6 lbs.

6 year old

41 inches

46.2 lbs.

7 year old

43 inches

50.6 lbs.

8 year old

45 inches

57.2 lbs.

9 year old

47 inches

63.8 lbs.

10 year old

51 inches

70.4 lbs.

11 year old

52 inches

79.2 lbs.

12 - 13 years old

60 - 63 inches

95 - 105 lbs.

14 - 15 years old

63 - 64 inches

105 - 115 lbs.

16 - 17 years old

64 inches

115 - 120 lbs.

18 - 20 years old

64 inches

125 - 130 lbs.

Disabled World - Disability News for all the Family: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-weight-teens.shtml#ixzz2G6SXt8AN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page