Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:00:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Avengers 2 Updates

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Avengers 2 Updates  (Read 603 times)
Flash
Superhero Member

« on: December 17, 2012, 01:46:17 am »

The Avengers 2 Confirms May 2015 Release Date

Marvel's The Avengers 2 confirmed for May 2015 release date
Marvel's The Avengers 2 confirmed for May 2015 release date
Last week, we reported that Joss Whedon has been confirmed to write and direct The Avengers 2 for Marvel Studios. Today, Marvel's parent company The Walt Disney Studios revealed the superhero sequel will hit theaters May 1, 2015. Take a look at the studio's brief statement.

"The Walt Disney Studios has announced a release date for Marvel Studios' sequel to the biggest Super Hero blockbuster and third highest grossing film of all time, Marvel's The Avengers. Joss Whedon returns to write and direct the Untitled Marvel's Avengers Sequel set for release May 1, 2015."

Marvel's The Avengers has taken in $617 million at the domestic box office, and over $1.4 billion worldwide. Marvel Studios will first roll out the stand-alone sequels Iron Man 3 (May 3, 2013), Thor: The Dark World (November 8, 2013), and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014) before these Avengers will assemble once more.

The Avengers 2 comes to theaters May 1st, 2015.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-avengers-2-confirms-may-2015-release-date?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:48:11 am »

The Avengers 2 Eyes Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson for Ms. Marvel

Emily Blunt may star as Ms. Marvel in The Avengers 2
Emily Blunt may star as Ms. Marvel in The Avengers 2
We still have several years of waiting before The Avengers 2 hits theaters in 2015, and we know that the main cast members of Marvel's The Avengers will be reprising their superhero roles. Today, a new report reveals British actresses Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson are the front runners to play Ms. Marvel in the sequel.

The character first appeared in a 1968 issue of the Marvel Super-Heroes comic book as Major Carol Daniels, a member of the U.S. Air Force. While the character originally didn't have any super powers, she was exposed to an explosion of a Kree device that turned her into a human-Kree hybrid.

This is the first we're hearing about this character's inclusion in the upcoming sequel, and the news has not been confirmed by Marvel Studios as of yet, so treat this as a rumor for now. We'll be sure to keep you posted on any new developments regarding The Avengers 2.

Emily Blunt can currently be seen in the sci-fi thriller Looper. Ruth Wilson is starring in the upcoming Anna Karenina, Saving Mr. Banks, and The Lone Ranger.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-avengers-2-eyes-emily-blunt-and-ruth-wilson-for-ms-marvel
Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 01:49:33 am »

Hell no to both of them. I love Blunt and I enjoy Wilson in "Luther", but neither of them physically or characteristically embody Carol Danvers. Get a legitimate blonde and one who actually knows the material, unknown or not.
Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 01:52:05 am »

Joss Whedon Has Completed the Outline for Marvel's The Avengers 2

Joss Whedon offers updates on The Avengers 2 and Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.
Joss Whedon offers updates on The Avengers 2 and Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.
It's tough to argue that anyone in the movie business had a better year than Joss Whedon. Between directing the top box office draw Marvel's The Avengers and writing The Cabin in the Woods, he even found time to make Much Ado About Nothing, set for release next year. The filmmaker, dubbed one of Entertainment Weekly's Entertainers of the Year, is also on board to write and direct The Avengers 2, and he already has the story mapped out, turning in an outline for the 2015 sequel to Marvel Studios. Of course, no story details have been revealed yet.

He also has the ABC TV series Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. in the offing, which he co-created with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. If the pilot gets picked up to series, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, and Jeffrey Bell will serve as showrunners, with Joss Whedon serving as executive producer. He is also attached to direct the pilot episode, which will begin shooting in January 2013.

As for The Avengers 2, the main cast of Marvel's The Avengers are expected to return, including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, and Samuel L. Jackson.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/joss-whedon-has-completed-the-outline-for-marvels-the-avengers-2
Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 01:52:23 am »

Daniel Klavitter

The story of the Avengers 2 is being set up in the Guardians Of The Galaxy, im a little dissapointed we wont be seeing Adam Warlock, considering the fact it was he, and the Hulk who defeated Thanos, theres a new team roster, Janet Van Dyne (aka Wasp), is making her presence in Iron Man 3, War Machine is taking the Place of Iron Man, he pulls himself out of the team due to alcohol problems, We know The Falcon is in Captain America 2, and it was confirmed that Emily Blunt is Playing Carol Danovers (aka Ms Marvel), now as far as villians go, Thanos is the main villian but the Masters Of Evil make there Presence now ass well, Radio Active Man, and Mandarin, are in Iron Man 3, Crossbones, and Winter Soilder are in Captain America 2.
Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 01:55:59 am »

Marvel's The Avengers 2 and Marvel Phase 2 Details from Joss Whedon

The Avengers 2 will 'twist the knife' says director Joss Whedon
The Avengers 2 will 'twist the knife' says director Joss Whedon
Director Joss Whedon is currently prepping for the monstrous task of following up this summer's blockbuster Marvel's The Avengers with The Avengers 2 in 2015. The filmmaker revealed he plans to take these superheroes to the edge, testing their cohesive relationships.

"The creation of the team is not the happy ending. It is the beginning of something that is complex and difficult, and now I get to dig a little deeper. And maybe, while I'm digging, just twist that knife. And that's exciting for me."

The filmmaker will also be consulting and overseeing the rest of Marvel's Phase 2 movies such as Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy. However, he doesn't plan on ruling with an iron fist.

"Very talented people are writing and directing these movies, and what I don't want to be is the guy they dread, who's going to come in and say 'Oh, well I have the power to say change this.' I'm not that."

http://www.movieweb.com/news/marvels-the-avengers-2-and-marvel-phase-2-details-from-joss-whedon
Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 01:58:39 am »

The Avengers 2 to Offer More Creative Freedom for Joss Whedon
The Avengers 2 will offer director Joss Whedon more creative freedom

The Avengers 2 will offer director Joss Whedon more creative freedom
Director Joss Whedon has been making the press rounds in support of his latest film Much Ado About Nothing, which debuted at the Toronto Film Festival last week. Of course, he has also been talking about The Avengers 2, with yesterday's update on story details. The filmmaker revealed in yet another interview that his work on Marvel's The Avengers has given him a bit more creative control with the sequel.

"I have some power, you know? I think there's a level of trust. You know, Kevin Feige and I have always had mutual respect, and on the first movie he was very supportive. But there were definitely things where they were like, 'Hmm, we don't see that.' And I think now Kevin is in a place where it would be more like, 'We don't see it, but we think you do.'"

He also made it clear that his last statement doesn't mean Marvel Studios will just let him do whatever he wants.

"That doesn't mean they're just going to roll over and I'm going to say, 'Oh, it's 'Great Lakes Avengers' and we're going to get Squirrel Girl and you're gonna love it.' You know, they need to believe. But all I want to do is make the movie that they want. And so it's been great. We're having that same kind of, 'What if? Oh, and what if?' And 'I was thinking it would be funny ... ooh ooh ooh.' There's definitely a level of earned trust, but as with any good studio head or producer, that doesn't mean a free pass."

Joss Whedon will write and direct The Avengers 2, although it isn't known exactly when production will begin.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-avengers-2-to-offer-more-creative-freedom-for-joss-whedon
Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 02:00:28 am »

Kevin Feige Teases Plans for Marvel's The Avengers Villain Thanos

Marvel's Kevin Feige teases Phase Two plans for Thanos
Marvel's Kevin Feige teases Phase Two plans for Thanos
The end credits of Marvel's The Avengers featured a last-second glimpse at the super villain behind all the chaos, Thanos. Marvel Studios president and Marvel's The Avengers producer Kevin Feige revealed there certainly was a reason for the last-second reveal, and that the Mad Titan will be hanging around for awhile.

"Clearly, there's a purpose to us putting him in the end of that movie. We do have plans for him. I wouldn't say we ever feel the need to rush anything one way or the other. We succeeded in Phase One because we stuck to our guns and stuck to the plan. That plan took place over many, many years and it ultimately paid off. I see Phase Two unfolding in the same way of us taking our time, us doing what's right for each individual movie, while folding in elements that will not only build up to the culmination of Phase Two, but even Phase Three."

The producer wouldn't reveal specifically if Thanos is appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy or The Avengers 2. However, he did say they will probably recast the role, played briefly by Damion Poitier in the end-credit scene.

"I think we feel pretty free to recast. That was cast for literally that one shot. Depending on what the role requires from future movies, we'll go from there."

Kevin Feige also revealed how pleased he was that Thanos' reveal led to new fans delving deeper into the Marvel comic book world for more information on the character.

"Suddenly, you have a million people who had never heard of an Infinity Gauntlet or a Mad Titan learning those terms. I love that. I love when the experience goes beyond the movie theater and encourages people to look deeper into our universe. I was equally excited by the notion that people went out and tried shawarma for the first time."

Marvel's The Avengers was released May 4th, 2012 and stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Clark Gregg. The film is directed by Joss Whedon.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/kevin-feige-teases-plans-for-marvels-the-avengers-villain-thanos?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com
Report Spam   Logged
The Creeper
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 03:23:13 am »

20 Things to Know from the AVENGERS Screening and Q&A with Joss Whedon, Who Teases Another Hero and a Second Villain Who Almost Appeared in the Film
by Dave Trumbore    Posted: December 19th, 2012 at 12:43 am

Although it opened back in May, Joss Whedon’s The Avengers helped us bring our year to a close with a screening at the Hollywood DGA. Also in attendance was none other than Whedon himself, who participated in a Q&A after the screening. I’m happy to report that The Avengers still holds up after the hype has died down, but what you’re really interested in is what Whedon had to say. He talked about missed opportunities for his hit TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, revealed some of the characters and footage he had to leave out of The Avengers (including a tease about another villain who we may see in a future film) and comments on his overall writing process. Hit the jump to see what he had to say.

joss-whedon-avengers-set-photo-hawkeye-bowThe screening of The Avengers and Q&A with Whedon was hosted and moderated by Jeff Goldsmith of Backstory Magazine. You can check out the full interview soon on The Q&A With Jeff Goldsmith on iTunes. Whedon’s quotes and comments follow below:

Writing for The Avengers:

Upon taking on The Avengers, Marvel laid out certain requirements ahead of time: the heroic characters, Loki as the villain, the helicarrier attack and the epic battle scene at the end. His job was to get the picture from point to point along the way and “try to make it matter.”
    On making The Avengers, Whedon said, “We made the movie we set out to make,” and was genuinely and pleasantly surprised by this fact.
    The script of The Avengers took two years from draft to screen. (By comparison, he drafted The Cabin in the Woods in three days with Drew Goddard.)
    Whedon wrote a 15-page final battle arc that incorporated a prologue and five acts.
    On the topic of balancing the introduction of the heroes to new viewers with those who have seen all the previous Marvel movies, Whedon compares the effort to his experience incorporating reiteration throughout his writing for television series.
    Whedon talked about an early draft being too heavy in “dry wit,” and later realized the fact that Hawkeye’s character would need to be compromised and that Agent Coulson would have a man-crush on Captain America.
    Whedon addressed the darker moments of The Avengers, saying that Agent Coulson’s death was mandated early on by Marvel’s Kevin Feige and was encouraged by actor Clark Gregg as well. Bruce Banner’s confession of his suicide attempt was taken from a Hulk comic with artwork done by Richard Corben in which one issue had Banner committing suicide via a self-inflicted gun shot and the next issue’s splash page had the Hulk spitting the bullet out.
    On his most difficult scenes to write and direct in The Avengers, Whedon said that the big action scene was tough due to the smoke from the explosions as well as the various characters interjecting dialogue throughout the sequence. He also commented that any time all of the actors were together on screen (ie the scepter scene), it was like being a kindergarten teacher trying to keep control of his students.
    Whedon confessed that his favorite scene was the one between Loki and Natasha/Black Widow.

the-avengers-2-sequel joss-whedonIdeas that Didn’t Make It Into The Avengers:

Whedon’s early draft heavily featured The Avengers comicbook character, Wasp. He wrote what he called a “very Waspy” draft and began to get carried away by writing much too much about her, saying, “She’s adorable! I’m just going to write her!”
    He also fought hard for a second villain, but declined to say who that villain happened to be. Though the studio rejected this request, the villain may appear in a future film. Whedon commented that Tom Hiddleston was fantastic as Loki, but he had in mind a villain that his heroes could wail on.
    As for what was cut from The Avengers, Whedon said that Iron Man’s introductory sequence was unfortunately cut and “a ton” of Captain America was cut as well. The Cap scenes appear in the DVD/Blu-ray extras under the “Man Out of Time” heading.

Other Films in the Marvel Universe:

Whedon comments that he has “no clue how the Tesseract got to Earth.”
    Though he didn’t talk directly about The Avengers 2, Whedon did draw a comparison between the original Star Wars film and the sequel, The Empire Strikes Back, saying:

“I still believe that even though The Empire Strikes Back is better in innumerable ways than Star Wars, Star Wars wins because you can’t end a movie with Han frozen in Carbonite. That’s not a movie, it’s an episode.”

So hopefully we can expect The Avengers 2 to be every bit as satisfying as the first with just a little teaser for the next film in the franchise at the end.
    Whedon comments on the writing of dialogue for The Avengers, saying that writing for Tony Stark was easy once he’d heard Robert Downey Jr. talk, since they’re basically the same. He also wrote a bit of dialogue for Captain America and loved being able to do “1940s talk.”

the-avengers-mark-ruffalo-joss-whedon-imageMiscellaneous Whedon:

Apparently there was talk of developing an animated version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but Whedon and his creative team couldn’t get anyone to buy the project, citing the need for a male character as a lead. Whedon called the project his “Simpsons version of Buffy,” of which the writing team wrote seven scripts.
    Whedon’s first draft of Serenity was 190 pages long. He reached 160 pages on The Avengers before admitting he needed some help on the revisions.
    Whedon confesses to being a very detailed action writer when he has the time to devote to it. He repeatedly praised the storyboard artists, Brian Andrews in particular, for The Avengers who filled in the blanks for his action scenes.
    Whedon talked about his writing process, which involves a lot of time spent in restaurants because they’re free of distractions and always has his earbuds and movie soundtrack music with him.
    On the conflict between writing and directing, Whedon talked about a recent discussion with fellow writer/director James Gunn in which they each lamented the fact that becoming a director ruins the purity of the writing experience.
    Whedon also showed his contempt for movies and TV shows that don’t give the viewers a complete arc and choose to end on unsatisfying cliffhangers, citing Jumper and Lost respectively.
Report Spam   Logged
The Creeper
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 03:23:35 am »

20 Things to Know from the AVENGERS Screening and Q&A with Joss Whedon, Who Teases Another Hero and a Second Villain Who Almost Appeared in the Film
by Dave Trumbore    Posted: December 19th, 2012 at 12:43 am

Although it opened back in May, Joss Whedon’s The Avengers helped us bring our year to a close with a screening at the Hollywood DGA. Also in attendance was none other than Whedon himself, who participated in a Q&A after the screening. I’m happy to report that The Avengers still holds up after the hype has died down, but what you’re really interested in is what Whedon had to say. He talked about missed opportunities for his hit TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, revealed some of the characters and footage he had to leave out of The Avengers (including a tease about another villain who we may see in a future film) and comments on his overall writing process. Hit the jump to see what he had to say.

joss-whedon-avengers-set-photo-hawkeye-bowThe screening of The Avengers and Q&A with Whedon was hosted and moderated by Jeff Goldsmith of Backstory Magazine. You can check out the full interview soon on The Q&A With Jeff Goldsmith on iTunes. Whedon’s quotes and comments follow below:

Writing for The Avengers:

Upon taking on The Avengers, Marvel laid out certain requirements ahead of time: the heroic characters, Loki as the villain, the helicarrier attack and the epic battle scene at the end. His job was to get the picture from point to point along the way and “try to make it matter.”
    On making The Avengers, Whedon said, “We made the movie we set out to make,” and was genuinely and pleasantly surprised by this fact.
    The script of The Avengers took two years from draft to screen. (By comparison, he drafted The Cabin in the Woods in three days with Drew Goddard.)
    Whedon wrote a 15-page final battle arc that incorporated a prologue and five acts.
    On the topic of balancing the introduction of the heroes to new viewers with those who have seen all the previous Marvel movies, Whedon compares the effort to his experience incorporating reiteration throughout his writing for television series.
    Whedon talked about an early draft being too heavy in “dry wit,” and later realized the fact that Hawkeye’s character would need to be compromised and that Agent Coulson would have a man-crush on Captain America.
    Whedon addressed the darker moments of The Avengers, saying that Agent Coulson’s death was mandated early on by Marvel’s Kevin Feige and was encouraged by actor Clark Gregg as well. Bruce Banner’s confession of his suicide attempt was taken from a Hulk comic with artwork done by Richard Corben in which one issue had Banner committing suicide via a self-inflicted gun shot and the next issue’s splash page had the Hulk spitting the bullet out.
    On his most difficult scenes to write and direct in The Avengers, Whedon said that the big action scene was tough due to the smoke from the explosions as well as the various characters interjecting dialogue throughout the sequence. He also commented that any time all of the actors were together on screen (ie the scepter scene), it was like being a kindergarten teacher trying to keep control of his students.
    Whedon confessed that his favorite scene was the one between Loki and Natasha/Black Widow.

the-avengers-2-sequel joss-whedonIdeas that Didn’t Make It Into The Avengers:

Whedon’s early draft heavily featured The Avengers comicbook character, Wasp. He wrote what he called a “very Waspy” draft and began to get carried away by writing much too much about her, saying, “She’s adorable! I’m just going to write her!”
    He also fought hard for a second villain, but declined to say who that villain happened to be. Though the studio rejected this request, the villain may appear in a future film. Whedon commented that Tom Hiddleston was fantastic as Loki, but he had in mind a villain that his heroes could wail on.
    As for what was cut from The Avengers, Whedon said that Iron Man’s introductory sequence was unfortunately cut and “a ton” of Captain America was cut as well. The Cap scenes appear in the DVD/Blu-ray extras under the “Man Out of Time” heading.

Other Films in the Marvel Universe:

Whedon comments that he has “no clue how the Tesseract got to Earth.”
    Though he didn’t talk directly about The Avengers 2, Whedon did draw a comparison between the original Star Wars film and the sequel, The Empire Strikes Back, saying:

“I still believe that even though The Empire Strikes Back is better in innumerable ways than Star Wars, Star Wars wins because you can’t end a movie with Han frozen in Carbonite. That’s not a movie, it’s an episode.”

So hopefully we can expect The Avengers 2 to be every bit as satisfying as the first with just a little teaser for the next film in the franchise at the end.
    Whedon comments on the writing of dialogue for The Avengers, saying that writing for Tony Stark was easy once he’d heard Robert Downey Jr. talk, since they’re basically the same. He also wrote a bit of dialogue for Captain America and loved being able to do “1940s talk.”

the-avengers-mark-ruffalo-joss-whedon-imageMiscellaneous Whedon:

Apparently there was talk of developing an animated version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but Whedon and his creative team couldn’t get anyone to buy the project, citing the need for a male character as a lead. Whedon called the project his “Simpsons version of Buffy,” of which the writing team wrote seven scripts.
    Whedon’s first draft of Serenity was 190 pages long. He reached 160 pages on The Avengers before admitting he needed some help on the revisions.
    Whedon confesses to being a very detailed action writer when he has the time to devote to it. He repeatedly praised the storyboard artists, Brian Andrews in particular, for The Avengers who filled in the blanks for his action scenes.
    Whedon talked about his writing process, which involves a lot of time spent in restaurants because they’re free of distractions and always has his earbuds and movie soundtrack music with him.
    On the conflict between writing and directing, Whedon talked about a recent discussion with fellow writer/director James Gunn in which they each lamented the fact that becoming a director ruins the purity of the writing experience.
    Whedon also showed his contempt for movies and TV shows that don’t give the viewers a complete arc and choose to end on unsatisfying cliffhangers, citing Jumper and Lost respectively.
Report Spam   Logged
The Creeper
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 03:24:51 am »

Report Spam   Logged
The Creeper
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 03:25:16 am »

Report Spam   Logged
The Creeper
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 03:25:38 am »

Report Spam   Logged
the Green Goblin
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 09:00:24 pm »

Avengers: Age of Ultron Official Site Launches
Spencer Perry Dec 08, 2014

Avengers: Age of Ultron Official Site Launches

Though not exactly featuring very much, Marvel Studios has launched the official website for the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron which you can check out by clicking here. What are you most excited to see in the 2015 sequel?

When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

Avengers: Age of Ultron stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, James Spader, Cobie Smulders, Thomas Kretschmann, Paul Bettany and Stellan Skarsgard. The Joss Whedon-directed film will debut in theaters on May 1, 2015.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/324183-avengers-age-of-ultron-official-site-launches#/slide/1
Report Spam   Logged
the Green Goblin
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 09:00:45 pm »

http://marvel.com/avengers
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: