Atlantis Online
March 18, 2024, 10:13:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Genesis

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis  (Read 1277 times)
Crista Rodenkirk
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 01:02:15 am »

Legacy

As a group that influenced the growth of the progressive rock genre, Genesis has been cited by a number of progressive rock groups, including Spock's Beard,[69] Rush,[70] Marillion,[71] IQ,[72] Pendragon,[73] Pallas[74] and Dream Theater.[75][76] Simple Minds singer Jim Kerr's first concert was on the band's Foxtrot tour, which he described as "just the most terrific gig and in a way my life was never quite the same again."[77] They have also been cited as an influence by alternative rock bands Elbow[78] and Coheed and Cambria.[79] Several Genesis tribute bands, including ReGenesis and The Musical Box routinely perform material from the Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins eras.

Collins became the first artist to cover a Genesis song in a studio release, "Behind the Lines"', which he included on Face Value one year after the original's release.[80] Other former members previously and subsequently performed the band's material live during their solo shows—Gabriel played "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" and "Back in NYC", while Hackett has performed "In That Quiet Earth", "Los Endos", "Horizons",[27] "Firth of Fifth" and "Blood on the Rooftops", among others. Hackett has performed "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)" on his own solo tours, and on a 1986 tour with his short lived supergroup GTR. Rutherford has performed "I Can't Dance" during his tours with the Mechanics. Collins also later formed The Phil Collins Big Band, which played jazz arrangements of Genesis songs, which were "That's All", "Invisible Touch", "Hold on My Heart" and "Los Endos" (renamed "The Los Endos Suite"), during its 1998 world tour. Ray Wilson has covered the most Genesis songs during his solo concerts. His two solo live albums, Live and Life and Acoustic, feature the Genesis songs "The Carpet Crawlers", "Follow You Follow Me", "I Can't Dance", "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway", "No Son of Mine", "Shipwrecked", and "Mama". He has interpreted two songs from the solo careers of his two predecessors — "In the Air Tonight" (Collins) and "Biko" (Gabriel).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: