Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:12:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

New Yorker Endorses Obama

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Yorker Endorses Obama  (Read 273 times)
Lisa Wolfe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: October 24, 2012, 02:08:50 am »

New Yorker Endorses Obama

Posted: 10/22/2012 10:24 am EDT Updated: 10/22/2012 10:52 am EDT

The New Yorker announced its endorsement for President Barack Obama ahead of the 2012 general election.

The magazine's editors opened their article "The Choice" by recalling Inauguration Day on January 20, 2009. They detailed the historical significance of the election of the first African American to the nation's highest office. "That night, after the inaugural balls, President Obama and his wife and their daughters slept at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, a white house built by black men, slaves of West African heritage," the editors wrote.

The magazine's endorsement also hit on the challenges Obama faced when he first entered office, and how, nearly four years later, "some, quite reasonably, are disappointed in his policy failures (on Guantánamo, climate change, and gun control); others question the morality of the persistent use of predator drones."

However, the magazine endorsed Obama's re-election. "The President has achieved a run of ambitious legislative, social, and foreign-policy successes that relieved a large measure of the human suffering and national shame inflicted by the Bush Administration. Obama has renewed the honor of the office he holds," the editors wrote.

The magazine highlighted some of Obama legislative accomplishments including the signing of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, the Consumer Protection Act, health care reform and the auto bailout.

Click over to the New Yorker to read the endorsement in its entirety.

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/comment/2012/10/29/121029taco_talk_editors
Report Spam   Logged

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lisa Wolfe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 02:10:23 am »

It was more impressive when the Salt Lake City Tribune edorsed Obama.

You know, again. They also endorsed him in 2008.

Mitt must not have been too thrilled this time.
Report Spam   Logged

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.
Lisa Wolfe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 02:10:51 am »

Romney runs from his record in MA, keep millions in offshore accounts, hides his tax returns and won't discuss his Mormon beliefs.

Romney will do anything for a buck- Ponzi Schemes, Tax Evasion, the Big Dig, Dodgy Investments etc.

According to politifact.com :

• Mitt Romney: Says President Obama has "doubled" the deficit. — False
• Mitt Romney: "Pre-existing conditions are covered under my (health care) plan." — Mostly False
• Mitt Romney: "Right now, the (Congressional Budget Office) says up to 20 million people will lose their insurance as Obamacare goes into effect next year." — False
• Mitt Romney: Says Barack Obama "put in place a board that can tell people ultimately what treatments they're going to receive." — Mostly False
• Mitt Romney: "Pre-existing conditions are covered under my (health care) plan." - False
• Mitt Romney: Right now, the (Congressional Budget Office) says up to 20 million people will lose their insurance as Obamacare goes into effect next year." - False
• Barack Obama: Says Romney wants to add $2 trillion to the defense budget that the military hasn’t asked for. - True
• Barack Obama: Romney "would turn Medicare into a voucher program." — Mostly True
Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:41:56 am »

Voting for these guys is like voting on which head of a 2 headed pyhton do you want to get it by.

Hello Bilderberg connections anyone ?
Report Spam   Logged
Rebelitarian

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 12:54:56 pm »

Obama is a foreigner.

The New Yorker is full of CFR and other Globalist members.

Talk about S*H*I*T on a silver platter !!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 04:34:31 pm »

Where is the proof that Obama is a foreigner other than your wishful thinking?
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 12:55:04 pm »

The fact that he has never produced a legitimate Birth Certificate and that the Governor of Hawaii couldn't find one.

The one that was presented was an Adobe fake.

How many times do I have to keep posting this stuff here.

Ahhh, the PLOT THICKENS

More Chatter On The White House-Released Birth Certificate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a comment from a reader to George Ure at UrbanSurvival.com:

"As you all know, Donald Trump made a big deal about Obama's birth certificate. As of yesterday, the White House released the birth certificate.

I will tell you right now that I had never given this "birther" issue any credit. I watched the hype and the crazies come out. I completely dismissed the entire ordeal altogether. In fact, it was not until the White House released the birth certificate that it had gained my attention.

I am the studious sort of guy, and I have plenty of time on my hands. So, I took a close look at this document. While I would have thought that this issue would have been closed for good (and, got the crazies to crawl back into their holes), I found two extremely strange inconsistencies that merit some attention.

First of all, the birth certificate that the White House released lists Obama's birth as August 4, 1961. It also lists Barack Hussein Obama as his father. No big deal, right? At the time of Obama's birth, it also shows that his father is aged 25 years old, and that Obama's father was born in "Kenya , East Africa". This wouldn't seem like anything of concern, except the fact that Kenya did not even exist until 1963, two whole years after Obama's birth, and 27 years after his father's birth. How could have Obama's father have been born in a country that did not yet exist? Up and until Kenya was formed in 1963, it was known as the "British East Africa Protectorate", but, this is not the only thing that I found that just does not jive.

The other item that I looked into was the hospital that Obama was born in. On the birth certificate released by the White House, the listed place of birth is "Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital". This cannot be, because the hospital(s) in question in 1961 were called "KauiKeolani Children's Hospital" and "Kapi'olani Maternity Home", respectively. The name did not change to Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978, when these two hospitals merged. How can this particular name of the hospital be on a birth certificate dated 1961 if this name had not yet been applied to it until 1978?"

Go ahead, look it up. I am not talking crazy talk, these are the facts. Like I said, I thought that this was a non-issue until the actual certificate was released. Now that it has been released, of course I had to look into it. I have found these issues, now I know that something is up. If you doubt me, just look at the following resources:

Sure as hell, the hospital part is true, .

Post-Colonial History (from Wikipedia)

The first direct elections for Africans to the Legislative Council took place in 1957. Despite British hopes of handing power to "moderate" African rivals, it was the  (KANU) of Jomo Kenyatta that formed a government shortly before Kenya became independent on 12 December 1963, on the same day forming the first Constitution of Kenya.
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 08:44:04 pm »

The fact that he has never produced a legitimate Birth Certificate and that the Governor of Hawaii couldn't find one.

The one that was presented was an Adobe fake.

How many times do I have to keep posting this stuff here.

Post it all you want, no one reads it anyway. If you think there was any validity to it, don't you think that Romney would have used it by now? He has used every other lie he could find about Obama.

Pretty sad that your lie isn't even good enough for Romney to use. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: