Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:43:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Presidential Debate 2012: Barack is Back

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Presidential Debate 2012: Barack is Back  (Read 559 times)
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: October 16, 2012, 10:26:49 pm »

9:44 PM – Today
Bottom Line
howardfineman    @ howardfineman : Bottom bottom line: Obama shows up big timme and wins. Is it enough to reverse the polarities?

9:40 PM – Today
Obama Waits On 47 Percent Remark For Good Reason
jasoncherkis    @ jasoncherkis : Obama waits to use 47% line and he ends up picking the right moment -- the one where Romney gets no chance to respond.

9:39 PM – Today
Obama Gets In 47 Percent Attack

Obama: "I believe Governor Romney is a good man. I believe that he said behind closed doors that 47% of Americans are victims."
Final Thoughts
howardfineman    @ howardfineman : Bottom line: O showed up big time, summarized his case well. Romney backpedalled, but made the case (again) that O failed on the economy.

Romney Reverses Contraception Position Under Pressure From Obama

In response to a debate question about equal pay, President Barack Obama took the opportunity to criticize Mitt Romney's positions on contraception by pointing out that it is an economic issue for women.

"You know, a major difference in this campaign is that Governor Romney feels comfortable having politicians in Washington decide the health care choices that women are making," Obama said. "I think that's a mistake. In my health care bill, I said insurance companies need to provide contraceptive coverage to everybody who's insured, because this is not just a health issue, it's an economic issue for women. It makes a difference. This is money out of that family's pocket."

Obama pointed to Romney's support for the controversial Blunt amendment, which would allow employers to refuse to offer women insurance plans that cover contraception for moral reasons. He also criticized Romney's plan to cut funding for Planned Parenthood.

"That's a pocketbook issue for women and families all across the country, and it makes a difference in terms of how well and effectively women are able to work," Obama said. "When we talk about child care and the credits that we're providing, that makes a difference in terms of whether they can go out there and earn a living for their family. These are not just women's issues -- these are family issues. These are economic issues."

Romney, clearly on the defensive, then charged that Obama had mischaracterized his support for the Blunt amendment.

"I just know that I don't think bureaucrats in Washington should tell someone whether they can use contraceptives or not, and I don't believe employers should tell someone whether they have contraceptive care or not," Romney said. "Every woman in America should have access to contraceptives and the president's statement on my policy is completely and totally wrong."

-- Laura Bassett
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: